Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2011, 12:50   #3886
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Lemme rephrase that, how about a generic 100-150cc "What bike" thread. I am sure it can be quite active, just like the gearless scooters thread.
Old 1st July 2011, 00:06   #3887
Team-BHP Support

I don't know if its appropriate to ask, but can we see new A6, A7 and RS5 road tests soon?

Thanks

Believe the Support Team won't mind putting these beauties to test
Old 1st July 2011, 08:42   #3888
Team-BHP Support

Found a new problem today. I received a private message “You’ve been quoted”, and the quote is from a Newbie. I click the link to read the message, it will open the specific thread, and then goes on an indefinite refresh mode. It keep refreshing the screen – maybe because the system is searching for the specific post, which is not there (because the post is moderated, it will take a while to appear).

Not a big problem, but still an issue
Old 1st July 2011, 19:09   #3889
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, pardon me if these are duplicate suggestions for improvement !

I've seen Mods put up several messages asking users not to quote a lot of posts in a single reply since it makes it difficult for mobile users due to the need for excessive scrolling and slower page loads so here are some suggestions (my 2 cents):
1.in each post - restrict the number of messages that can be multi-quoted
2.in each post - for any quote that exceeds lets says 3 lines (or any other number folks are comfortable with) why not just show those many lines with a 'more' hyperlink to read the rest of the quoted message.
Old 2nd July 2011, 01:16   #3890
BHPian

I haven't found a "Search this thread" option on the mobile version of the forums.
Guess that should be added to make bigger threads a rather accessible?
Reading posts with long quotes is also an issue. I second the previous suggestion of probably having hyperlinks for the quotes in order to make loading and viewing pages a lot more convenient.
Old 2nd July 2011, 21:02   #3891
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
If a user wants to 'follow' any particular user to monitor all his posts, presuming interesting stuff.

eg: pcpranav could kinda enable 'Follow: GTO'; so that all GTO's henceforth posts in various threads could be seen by me, send to me in a instant/daily/weekly (selectable) mailer.
Can consider, though I presume it will pose a severe load on the database.

Plus, why follow only certain BHPians? Instead of following by member, I'd rather follow by thread (i.e. topic of interest) or forum (area of interest). Everyone has something interesting to contribute on Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikk View Post
As a responsible community can we have the carbon footprint of vehicles tested/reviewed atleast the manufacturers claims.
Heard, noted & shortlisted. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I am facing one issue for last couple of days. My post count gets reduced automatically by 2-3 numbers. Just one hour back my post count was 459 and now it is 456.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I noticed it on 2 occasions. At my last login in the morning, it was 905 and when I logged in at 4pm, it was 902.
We rebuild the post counts database once each week. When this happens, the system recounts all your posts from sections that contribute to the count.

Plus, if we move or delete a thread from public view, that's going to affect your post count too.

My suggestion : Don't bother...it's just a number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
New bug to report: have the webpages of team-bhp.com been Flash-enabled?
It's the banner advertisements that need flash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Is there a way to rate the posts individually in a thread something similar available to the thread itself. I find some of the posts too good
Just hit that Thanks button, Ghodlur. Exactly the purpose behind us introducing it on Team-BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
I see the potential services portfolio ranging from:
- Assisting new players help assess Indian market conditions and opportunities
- Suitably modifying existing product portfolio to changing Indian conditions
- Focussed Design Opportunities
- Focussed Trouble-shooting on Design Flaws
- User Experience Assessment on new vehicles and upgrades

... so on and so forth.
Team-BHP's primary purpose is to serve car enthusiasts & owners, not the industry. Of course, our database is entirely open & searchable...even to guests. Thus, if any company has the initiative, they are free to search & gain from our feedback (nearly all manufacturers do so anyways).

If someone wants feedback, we'd be more than happy to offer it to them. But there would be strictly NO commercials involved. We do not accept a single rupee of marketing / advertising / promotions from car manufacturers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
Simply because many times we would like to check new threads and not the ones that have been bumped.
I have just the solution for you : The search for new topics. You will also see a link to New Topics on the forum navbar.

Quote:
The list shows 45 "thanked" posts while my thanked count is 51. I went thru' each post in the list and only 3 have been thanked twice. So, it should be 48. Still not working out to 51.
Well, some Moderators do thank Members for Reported Posts too. You won't be able to see that thread, yet it will add to your Thanked count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
I would recommend somehow actively promoting this particular thread - perhaps via private message or even an email to all the members with the link to the thread.
Each year, the number of COTY votes is higher than before. If previous trends are anything to go by, we'll have 1,500 - 2,000 votes for the Team-BHP COTY 2011. Over a 1,000 votes from car enthusiasts & owners is much more representative than 10 member jury of so called experts. Can consider sending a mass PM, though no commitments.

Quote:
GTO & other moderators should put in their vote only at the end.
When I participate on the forum, it's just as a regular Joe enthusiast. Please don't make me wait till the end!!

Quote:
Like other COTY awards from other magazines, how about other categories of awards like Design of the Year, SUV of the year, Leather Seats Of the Year Award etc?
Do you know why other media have 20 categories? Just so that they award every manufacturer with something or the other. According to them, no advertiser should go home unhappy. It defeats the purpose of awards if everyone goes home with one. Or maybe, that's just me.

Sorry, but for Team-BHP, there's only one award and it's the definite one; Our car of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Lately, I have seen that managing attachments is quite a painful job especially when you have 10+ pictures to attach. Can't we have an option to attach all files at once rather than choosing file 1, file 2, ..... It would save a lot of time
Has been recommended earlier, but our software doesn't currently support batch upload.

Surely, our Assembly Line feature has made it easier to manage XL size content?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Can we subscribe to some key words, and get a notification when a thread tagged with the keyword is selected?
We do have plans to offer advanced subscriptions in the future, including keyword-based subscriptions. Wait & watch, hopefully we find a stable, reliable way to do it!

Last edited by GTO : 2nd July 2011 at 21:04.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2011, 11:39   #3892
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Like the system has a feature that entails a member to wait for 10 seconds before posting consecutive search queries, could something be done to ensure a member cannot re-post consecutively on a thread up to say half an hour or so?
Not possible to implement on the same thread, but the Mod Team will evaluate increasing the time limit between consecutive posts (across the board).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Everyone spend a good amount of time reading the forum rules before submitting the registration form for approval. So, wouldn't mentioning that one should not make back to back posts within 30 mins, singnificantly reduce the number of back to back posts, atleast those made by 'Newbies'?
Will consider adding it to the rules, thank you.

Quote:
The editing time has been increased to 30 mins, few months back. But the 'Expected Posting Etiquette' still mentions that the post editing time is 20 mins. Please see the attached image. Yes, please edit the post.
Changed, thanks Klub Klass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msupercool View Post
i think we should have a team bhp tag like a badge or something with a strap which you can wear on a team bhp meet or a t-shirt
You bet! Great suggestion, we'll definitely have tags at the next large Team-BHP meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon View Post
Is there a way to delete threads that haven't had a response in quite some time?
We shouldn't. There is a chance that a BHPian, at a later point, may add to that thread. BTW, very few (read = rarely) new threads have 0 replies today. 99% of all queries usually have answers in 24 hours or less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumaravelS View Post
It would be useful if a thread/forum dedicated to discuss the general service aspects of each model.
We prefer to have a new thread for each, unique issue, rather than one mega thread to discuss all areas of one car. Reason : It's easier to search and also keeps the discussion focused. Plus, the solution for a particular problem (say, overheating) might apply to another make & model too.

WRT service, most modern cars are more or less the same in terms of requirements. The only difference would be the interval at which consumables are changed, but even there, the difference isn't really much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
can we have a option, like many sites do, to open a post in a printer friendly version, which then can be printed conveniently?
We used to have this, but it was changed in 2010 due to some software settings. We might not revert back to the single post view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_enthu_da View Post
I find it imperative to allow only members to order stickers (by making the store accessible only once the user signs in with his/her handle)
It is impossible to implement. Firstly, our guests are also a highly valued part of our community, and do help in:

a) Spreading the word

b) Becoming Members one day.

Then, I as a BHPian have given stickers to non-member friends & family. Is there any way to curb that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post
Could the initial article itself be periodically modified to add any relevent value additions by members so that it becomes a comprehensive article?
We actually do. Take a look at the "post edited by" dates on most of the articles. However, if you feel we've missed out on adding something of high value, please report the post with your comments and we'll certainly have it added to the relevant ADVICE article.

Quote:
Does the serch function allow use of quotes and '+' as in google search?
Yes to the "+" sign. Click here to know more about our advanced search options.

Note that we also have an integrated google search engine for Team-BHP (more info in the link I provided above).

Quote:
Is there any possibility to enable buyers to go in for collective bargains from manufacturers/dealers directly?
Team-BHP strictly prohibits the discussion of any "group buy" activities on the forum as these discussions typically take a commercial direction.

Quote:
I wish to know that if anything can be done to notify a member when his post is thanked like when quoted.
It will be overkill and, for the heavy posters, flood their inboxes. If you want to know which posts have been thanked, simply search from your user profile page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771 View Post
Think need a different section in technical stuff for technical specifications and feature list.
Done. Dedicated technical specifications area is in the pipeline.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2011, 12:19   #3893
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
I suggest we should have a thread for reporting such things too.
For such issues, it is best that you use the "Report this post to a Moderator" functionality. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks2010 View Post
Can we have an 'invite' feature in team-bhp forum whereby we could invite non-members via email to become members?
Nope, all new applicants have to go through our standard member registration process. It is important for new applicants to independently demonstrate their motivation to join the forum, and understand our rules enough to point out the most important (in their opinion).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Can we have a Sub-Forum to invite like minded forum members for travelling together ?
How about using the Team-BHP Meet section? I've already seen some BHPians initiate discussions on travelling together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I don't know if its appropriate to ask, but can we see new A6, A7 and RS5 road tests soon?
Will consider.

Quote:
Believe the Support Team won't mind putting these beauties to test
I much enjoy reviewing a 5 lakh rupee hatchback or an 8 lakh rupee sedan to a 50 lakh Über machine. Honest, you can call me silly

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
in each post - restrict the number of messages that can be multi-quoted
There is a limit in place.

Just to clarify, we don't have a problem with anyone quoting 20 other posts in their replies. However, quoting a 100 line post to put in a 2 line reply results in an eyesore. We recommend quoting only the relevant parts (for instance, this post of mine).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbiDas View Post
I haven't found a "Search this thread" option on the mobile version of the forums.
The mobile skin is intended to be a very simple, basic version that loads real fast even on non-3G networks. For full functionality, you will have to use our regular web version, or the Team-BHP App (which is far more feature packed than the mobile skin).
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2011, 12:33   #3894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I much enjoy reviewing a 5 lakh rupee hatchback or an 8 lakh rupee sedan to a 50 lakh Über machine. Honest, you can call me silly
I wouldn't call that a reason NOT to test these cars. It would be great if we could test all the cars sold here - whether it be a 2 lac rupee Nano or a 2 crore rupee Bentley !

Yes -right now I will call you silly
Old 4th July 2011, 07:29   #3895
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
I wouldn't call that a reason NOT to test these cars. It would be great if we could test all the cars sold here - whether it be a 2 lac rupee Nano or a 2 crore rupee Bentley !

Yes -right now I will call you silly
Exactly what I was/am trying to say. All Cars, irrespective of the price band as and when they are available.

After checking out a particular Car in print, I just can't help but yearn to see it being treated the Team-Bhp way.
Old 4th July 2011, 18:55   #3896
Team-BHP Support

When I reply to a particular thread, at times I can view the attachments (images) posted earlier but most times, "Attachement 12345 (attachment no.)" shows up.

Is there a reason for such a difference? (Just curious)
Old 4th July 2011, 21:34   #3897
Senior - BHPian

I don't know whether my observation is correct or not but still sharing here.

The threads which are created in assembly line and then approved after some days say 1 week don't show up in the new topics list as this list shows only 2-3 days old thread at the max.

Can anything be done to fix it if it is really a problem or my misunderstanding?

Last edited by bluevolt : 4th July 2011 at 21:38.
Old 5th July 2011, 00:28   #3898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can anything be done to fix it if it is really a problem or my misunderstanding?
Whenever Support Team members move the thread from the Assembly Line to the forum, they 'bump' the thread, stating that the thread has been moved from Assembly Line to forum so as to make it visible in the New Posts search results! Please see the attached image

I hope this answers your query!

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-fullscreen-capture-752011-122248-am.jpg
Old 5th July 2011, 07:49   #3899
Senior - BHPian

While moving from assembly line to the open forum, can the date of posting be made as on the day of it being moved so that it would appear on the New Posts menu. In the present set up it gets merged into the old posts of the day on which it was compiled in the assembly line..
Old 5th July 2011, 09:32   #3900
Senior - BHPian

I was wondering if we could have a drag and drop facility for attaching pics to our threads?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks