Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2011, 11:31   #3946
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Don't know if it's just me or others have seen this too - since last 10 days or so the count of my posts seems to be stuck though I've been participating in few threads-first it was stuck at 104 and now at 106 and there have definitely been more posts in the interim (I know it's just a number but seems to be not working/due for recount/update !).
posts under Shifting Gears and few other areas don't count. anyways, don't worry about it. its just a number.
Old 18th July 2011, 12:50   #3947
BHPian

Quote:
Don't know if it's just me or others have seen this too - since last 10 days or so the count of my posts seems to be stuck though I've been participating in few threads-first it was stuck at 104 and now at 106 and there have definitely been more posts in the interim (I know it's just a number but seems to be not working/due for recount/update !).
Posts in "Shifting Gear" and "A Collection of Best Threads" sub-forums don't get counted in the total post count.

EDIT: Looks like the Suggestions tab was open a long time back and I replied to it now ! IRONH4WK beat me to it by a long mile

--

@ Moderators,

How about an option of "Open all pictures in new tab" while viewing attachments?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...ly-thread.html

Last edited by prateekm : 18th July 2011 at 12:52.
Old 18th July 2011, 21:39   #3948
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Mods, what about the other suggestion I had made? Finding all posts by a certain user in a particular thread?
Easy one. When viewing a list of threads, click on the number under the "replies" column. In the resultant new window, you'll see a list of all the BHPians who have posted in a thread, with their number of replies (descending order). Click on the number of replies (next to the handle) and you'll get what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
The threads which are created in assembly line and then approved after some days say 1 week don't show up in the new topics list as this list shows only 2-3 days old thread at the max.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
While moving from assembly line to the open forum, can the date of posting be made as on the day of it being moved so that it would appear on the New Posts menu.
When moving threads to the public forum, we generally bump it up to bring it within the "new posts" search. However, there is no way to change the time stamp of the thread creation. If you are very particular about wanting your thread on the new topics search, simply cut-copy-paste all your content into a new thread (in the public forum) and report the older thread to us (for deletion).

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Long time back, I thought of creating a thread wherein one could post their moments of stupidity while driving. I'd searched around but couldn't find something similar. GTO then merged my thread with an existing one "Driving typos", a thread which had been inactive since a couple of years.

A couple of days ago, a member created a thread about 25p coins going out of use. I now find that post under the "Remember the time when" thread, a thread last updated in early 2010.

Man, I really admire and appreciate your efforts in 1) remembering all the content here and how it is stored, and 2) ensuring the forum is as less-cluttered and as organized as possible.
Hey thanks! When you've been moderating this forum since the 1st thread was created, you kinda get a hang of knowing what is where

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&furious View Post
At moment the forum setup is not distinguishing between 'and' and the '&' (ampersand) sign. I'm a victim of this issue because there's already an id called 'fastandfurious'. Mine is 'fast&furious' but the software takes me to 'fastandfurious''s profile. It can be solved by replacing the 'and' in the URL with 'amp' but the problem is that the other guy's profile is still my default profile. I think adding a few lines to the code will solve this issue.
Best wishes
Yes, I agree that our system is allergic to handles with special characters. This will be sorted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Just a thought, because it feels a bit sad to see Vespa's and Bajaj's being discussed endlessly without content...
Gotcha Pavan. We've already finalised on a super solution to this. Just give us a li'l time to implement it (LOT of manual work involved).

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
I have this weird issue on my laptop (dell 630), windows xp and internet explorer 8. I do not get the multiple quote and thanks button some times. This issue was not there when I was on IE 6, but on IE 7 and IE 8 this issue creeps intermittently.
The screenshot you've provided shows that you aren't logged in at that time (i.e. you are viewing the forum as a guest). Keep the "remember me" checkbox ticked when you log in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
MODS: One small issue I noticed with the "Edit Profile" option. When I try to make some change and save my profile, it gives me this error

"A required field called Which Policy? is missing or has an invalid value."

The "Which Policy?" box says that one line suggestions are not accepted, and I need to keep the comment under 120 words.

Was this arrangement intended to make members give feedback? If so, why force the user to write Essays for a simple profile information change?
Have some fun, man (just don't use profanity and the like)! Sometimes, I'm rolling on the floor after reading the kind of answers Senior members fill into the Why Team-BHP & Which Policy fields. As Samurai posted, it's mandatory for all new applications, but our software makes it compulsory for existing members too.

Here's some answers that Senior BHPians have put in (just for the heck of it)

Quote:
Simply because Iv been here long enough and you cant get rid of me Im afraid!
Quote:
Ah well. Since I HAVE to fill it up. 2.5yrs, 1400+posts, 10hrs a day, new friends, something to learn everyday .. I am surely not going anywhere else soon !
Quote:
Each and every time i change the profile,This field needs some input. aka.mandatory.Please clear it
Quote:
What??? i have to fill this again???
Quote:
I am already on T-BHP & everyone knows why, thanks.
Quote:
go ahead think about it.
Quote:
Lol, it is forcing me to fill in this field coz i changed something in my profile... i am not a spambot. TESTING 1,2,3.
Quote:
"Our membership is subject to prior approval by the Team-BHP Administrative Panel. We are incredibly committed to maintaining the quality of this community. Membership requests are generally approved once every week. Please spend a moment to explain why you wish to be a part of our community" I'm already a part of this community!
Quote:
Because, it has and continues to change my life
Quote:
Just trying to change my e-mail id
Quote:
Well because I am a Moderator here.
Quote:
Huh? Why not team-bhp?
Quote:
I want to write all cool stuffs.
Quote:
Coz it stuck to my brain. LOL. Can't seem to get it off.
Quote:
I still need to fill this up? Because teambhp is teamlife
Quote:
Team BHP rocks (Why do existing members have to fill this up while editing their profiles??)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
Have been facing this problem since early morning today. When I try to open the last page of the thread " How do you stick a bell on a wall? (Pics of Quirky Signs)", I get this response.
Attachment 577178
This is happening even after clearing the cache of the browser and is happening on different browsers as well.
Sorted. It was basically a post gone corrupt (the post in question has been hard deleted).

Quote:
Would help if you visit our FAQ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
How about an option of "Open all pictures in new tab" while viewing attachments?
Browser thing, isn't it? Open the ones you really want to see, manually.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 21:48   #3949
BHPian

Not sure if this has been posted before. The iPad and Android app do not have the Thank you feature for a post. Will be great if it can be integrated. Or maybe I don't know how to use the Thank You feature from mobile devices.
Old 18th July 2011, 22:29   #3950
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Easy one. When viewing a list of threads, click on the number under the "replies" column. In the resultant new window, you'll see a list of all the BHPians who have posted in a thread, with their number of replies (descending order). Click on the number of replies (next to the handle) and you'll get what you want.
Seven years of hanging around vB forums, and two or three of moderating one, and I never knew that! <Blush>

ps... Can we have a Blush smiley, please, like the one in the message icons, for including in text. Just for me?
Old 19th July 2011, 11:06   #3951
Senior - BHPian

When you get quoted, sometimes people edit out what you said. Which is absolutely fine since it was a long post. But some folks would like to read the whole post. and on a fast moving thread it can be a few pages back.
So is there a way that we can click somewhere to view the whole un-edited post by the quoted poster.
Old 19th July 2011, 11:08   #3952
BHPian

@mdsaab
You can click on the small red arrow next to the quoted posters name. It will take you to the original post.:-)
aman9393 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 11:12   #3953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Easy one. When viewing a list of threads, click on the number under the "replies"
Hi GTO,
any news on the members only inventory?
cheers

Last edited by 999 : 19th July 2011 at 11:14. Reason: typo
Old 19th July 2011, 11:14   #3954
Distinguished - BHPian

can we have a pull&release to refresh for android too??
i miss it from the iphone app.
Similar thing on twitter works on android.
Old 20th July 2011, 11:11   #3955
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't know if this is posted here already...
Can we have an option to quote some Person(TBHPian) similar to quoting a Post

This is similar to what is recently made available in Facebook.
In facebook, if we put '@' and the member's name, something like "you've been mentioned....." is sent as a mail/sms to ther user.

Something similar on TBHP will help IMO.
For example,
A TBHPian is spotted on the road and this spotting is posted.
Some other BHPian identifies the vehicle and says "Hey @xyz, you've been spotted".
Even though the identification is happening right now, the actual owner may fail to notice both the spotting and the identification.
This feature will bring it to the notice and he can later confirm or negate.

This is just an example but this feature can be used in more ways

Mods, please look if implementing this feature is feasible or not.

-Hemanth
Old 20th July 2011, 11:59   #3956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Hey @xyz, you've been spotted
+1
This feature will help to see some acknowledgement in TBHP sticker spotting thread!
Old 20th July 2011, 13:02   #3957
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post

Mods, please look if implementing this feature is feasible or not.

-Hemanth
Not feasible under the current circumstances. Something like this is possible only if all stickers contain that particular person's T-BHP username.

So, may I suggest - All T-BHP stickers sold from now on should be personalized. Basically, when a member orders stickers, all the stickers should be imprinted with his or her username on it.

Drawbacks?

It might be logistical nightmare for the sticker printing company and might not be cost-effective. It will definitely cost a lot more than $5 to the buyer if this suggestion is implemented.
Old 20th July 2011, 14:01   #3958
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Not feasible under the current circumstances. Something like this is possible only if all stickers contain that particular person's T-BHP username.

So, may I suggest - All T-BHP stickers sold from now on should be personalized. Basically, when a member orders stickers, all the stickers should be imprinted with his or her username on it.

Drawbacks?

It might be logistical nightmare for the sticker printing company and might not be cost-effective. It will definitely cost a lot more than $5 to the buyer if this suggestion is implemented.
Seems you didn't catch my point.

The sticker was an example only.
Even in that, I never told that a person will see the name on the sticker and quote, I just told that the vehicle might be identified by some other member, not necessarily the person who spotted.
Name on the sticker is entirely a different topic which I know has already been discussed a lot on the forum.

This feature will help lead members to threads, which otherwise they may never open.
Old 20th July 2011, 21:35   #3959
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Have some fun, man (just don't use profanity and the like)! Sometimes, I'm rolling on the floor after reading the kind of answers Senior members fill into the Why Team-BHP & Which Policy fields. As Samurai posted, it's mandatory for all new applications, but our software makes it compulsory for existing members too.

Here's some answers that Senior BHPians have put in (just for the heck of it)
That set was hilarious GTO. Thanks for the clarification.

Now I have another suggestion to make. I know I will be belted with rotten tomatoes for this

When I open the TeamBHP sticker spotting thread, there is 1 annoying feature I find. As soon as the first page loads, it jumps to the picture of that Red Lancer Evo with the "Live to Drive" sticker. My suggestion is to remove that auto scrolling setting. I must have seen that Red Evo picture a thousand times now.

People might argue that I can switch to last page directly if I am a frequent user. The reason I find this problem is if I open the home page (Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Portal) and then click on stickers thread from there. It takes me directly to page 1 where the problem happens. I may want to click on the last page number but this red evo is already staring me in the face by then
Old 20th July 2011, 22:13   #3960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
That set was hilarious GTO. Thanks for the clarification.

Now I have another suggestion to make. I know I will be belted with rotten tomatoes for this

When I open the TeamBHP sticker spotting thread, there is 1 annoying feature I find. As soon as the first page loads, it jumps to the picture of that Red Lancer Evo with the "Live to Drive" sticker. My suggestion is to remove that auto scrolling setting. I must have seen that Red Evo picture a thousand times now.

People might argue that I can switch to last page directly if I am a frequent user. The reason I find this problem is if I open the home page (Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Portal) and then click on stickers thread from there. It takes me directly to page 1 where the problem happens. I may want to click on the last page number but this red evo is already staring me in the face by then
where's that basket of tomatoes!!

if you've subscribed to the thread, you could directly go to www.team-bhp.com/forum/usercp.php - which will bring up your subscribed threads which have been recently responded to. if the sticker thread has not been responded to, you could still find it by clicking on the View All Subscribed Threads at the right bottom corner. from there, click on the Last Post link and wallah!

psst. did i understand the problem right?

Last edited by IronH4WK : 20th July 2011 at 22:14.
IronH4WK is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks