Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2011, 16:55   #4081
Team-BHP Support

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

I know there is immense pressure for the Support Team to bring in New Car Reviews, but post the 650R's review, we are waiting The review was enough to get us hooked & we keep asking for more.
Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 10:32   #4082
Senior - BHPian

Perhaps suggested earlier, but can we have a Dislike button for posts too?

Sometimes there are some really weird opinions floating around, which surely deserve a -1. Of course opinions are subjective, but it is better to ensure that such opinions come across as unpopular or unsupported/ not endorsed by a majority of tbhpians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
And do we really want to hamper the harmony among team-bhpians by disliking each other?
Dislike button only for posts, not for bhpians sir! See, an example is right here when you did not like my idea, you could have disliked it

Last edited by selfdrive : 20th September 2011 at 11:02.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 10:55   #4083
Senior - BHPian

And do we really want to hamper the harmony among team-bhpians by disliking each other?

Such buttons can cost us a lot.

Please forget these buttons and move on!

Last edited by bluevolt : 20th September 2011 at 10:57.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 11:07   #4084
BHPian

Each thread should have time when it was first started underneath it.
Old 20th September 2011, 11:21   #4085
BHPian

Many of us post the PICs of our cars, PICs of fellow members during team meets, etc.

Can we have an option to make such posts SECURE, by adding two buttons which says "ONLY TBHP members can view" and "Anyone can view" ?

Something like the facebook's group options where we can set 'open to public' or 'closed' , etc.
Old 20th September 2011, 11:30   #4086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Dislike button only for posts, not for bhpians sir! See, an example is right here when you did not like my idea, you could have disliked it
Come on dude, its just an opinion, let them have it. Yes you may not agree with it, infact the whole of T-BHP might not like it, but lets leave it at that, instead of disliking it officially. Completely unnecessary posts are anyway taken care of, what with the Mods breathing down your throat. Oops.

BTW there would have been a time, when the sentence "Earth is not flat" would have had elicited hell a lot of dislikes.

So when you read something you dislike just bite your teeth and go to the next post.

Cheers mate. And yes please free to dislike this one. :-)
Old 20th September 2011, 11:39   #4087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Perhaps suggested earlier, but can we have a Dislike button for posts too?

Sometimes there are some really weird opinions floating around, which surely deserve a -1. Of course opinions are subjective, but it is better to ensure that such opinions come across as unpopular or unsupported/ not endorsed by a majority of tbhpians.

Why is one person's opinion more valuable than someone else's? Do the "weird" opinions bother you so much? Maybe you should stop taking the internet so seriously. There is a report button if your hurt feelings are genuine. Otherwise, let's not even talk of going down this road.
Old 20th September 2011, 11:54   #4088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Why is one person's opinion more valuable than someone else's? Do the "weird" opinions bother you so much? Maybe you should stop taking the internet so seriously. There is a report button if your hurt feelings are genuine. Otherwise, let's not even talk of going down this road.
One person's opinion can be more valuable than the other's if the other is sending an incorrect message (either legally or practically)

I should have clarified this earlier.
Look at it from the perspective of a read only visitor. If there is a post that subscribes to vehicles carrying above prescribed limit/ helmet less driving/ any other issue not covered by an existing tbhp rule, what is the message we are sending?

Of course, over a period of time, people may respond to that post but it may be on another page and from the location of the original post we cannot see other posts that have quoted the original post.

Nevertheless it is only a suggestion that could be implemented if found useful.
Old 20th September 2011, 13:16   #4089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One person's opinion can be more valuable than the other's if the other is sending an incorrect message (either legally or practically)
If the opinion is sending an incorrect message legally, then the report button should be enough to take care of it. Anything else and you are restricting speech, or atleast trying to get everyone to conform to a single set of standards, where anyone with a different opinion (however impractical or stupid) is shunned away.

Quote:
Look at it from the perspective of a read only visitor. If there is a post that subscribes to vehicles carrying above prescribed limit/ helmet less driving/ any other issue not covered by an existing tbhp rule, what is the message we are sending?
WE are not sending any message. A member is sending a message, for which he can be held liable if any rules are being broken. To have a 'legal' code is fine; it keeps everyone on the forum civil. If anyone is breaking any of those rules, there is a certain section of people on the website (i.e. moderators) who can take care of the matter. If no rules are being broken, nobody has a right to insult somebody else's opinion. Having a 'moral' code is the first sign of a particular place being too sensitive to discuss anything that goes beyond the boundaries of a person's understanding.

A sub-faction with a few hundred odd members can have an agenda and start disliking a certain member's posts for no reason other than immaturity and/or ego. Let's not give the people that power.

Quote:
Of course, over a period of time, people may respond to that post but it may be on another page and from the location of the original post we cannot see other posts that have quoted the original post.
It is a reader's responsibility to go through the whole thread if he/she is interested in the topic. Let's not dumb down a forum when most members have the capability of being civil enough to not get hurt over somebody else's opinion, just for the unfortunate few who either cannot post on the forums for whatever reasons (bans, declined registrations, etc).

Last edited by pranavt : 20th September 2011 at 13:20.
pranavt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 18:49   #4090
Senior - BHPian

Dear GTO,

Can we please have official review of Honda City after the facelift?
Old 20th September 2011, 20:16   #4091
Team-BHP Support

Is the "Search" functionality down right now?

I tried using Basic search, advanced search but it is throwing up "Please specify some words or valid user names to search on. There were no matches for those that you specified." although all my search queries are legitimate and supposed to yeild results.

I tried basic search using characters using "valley flowers" hoping to find my route-euqry thread; then an advanced search query using my username and in Routes Queries sub-category and each time I got the error though I have multiple posts in that category.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 20th September 2011 at 20:17.
Old 20th September 2011, 21:22   #4092
BHPian

I use the search feature frequently on TeamBHP and when I want to respond to a thread, I realise that the last post to the thread was any time from a few months ago to a few years ago. The most value-add is for responding to recent threads so an option to sort the search results by date, or better yet, to display the date next to each search result item.
Old 22nd September 2011, 14:44   #4093
BHPian

There is a problem with the counter - no of posts displayed rarely tally with the no of actual posts done. Can this be coordinated or is it a software quirk we have to live with?
Old 22nd September 2011, 14:45   #4094
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basky View Post
There is a problem with the counter - no of posts displayed rarely tally with the no of actual posts done. Can this be coordinated or is it a software quirk we have to live with?
Please go through the following FAQ:

Team-BHP - Team-BHP FAQ: Troubleshooting
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2011, 10:34   #4095
Team-BHP Support

Alright so I have an idea.

Over the last few days, I've been quoted by several members several times on several thread. And since I've activated the option, I get the notification, which allows me to check the thread and reply as well.

Now as I was going through some threads, I'd realized that many people had referred to me in some posts. They might have been questions or even suggestions. And I had not known about it.

So to bring to the attention of the member, is it possible for one member to 'tag' another member in that thread. For example, if a member-X refers to another member-Y, is it possible if he can tag that member-Y, thus sending a notification to member-Y to check that thread, since he was tagged in it? It may not have anything to do with his original post, and could be a tag for a different query, or just a tag in a thread where member-X would like member-Y to view it?
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks