Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2011, 08:36   #4111
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
The system updates membership levels every one hour.

That's the reason why you didn't become a Senior BHPian, the very moment you posted your 1001th post!

Well, that explains it!

They have done a great job in copy-pasting our contents onto their stupid forum. Please see the evidence attached.

I see that Support Team members and active BHPians are members in that stupid forum!

Attachment 817445
Seen it long back, never bothered to post it here after numerous instances of auto-mag stealing our content.
Old 29th September 2011, 23:17   #4112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Not exactly a suggestion to Team-BHP, but I don't know where to post this:

What's this website? Discussion Forums for Cars in India - Ask, Answer and Discuss about Cars | PoisonApple.org

The threads there seem to be directly copied from Team-BHP and what's more - some of us are listed as "members" as well.

Or well, maybe the suggestion from my side is: please do something about this website
Quote:
They have done a great job in copy-pasting our contents onto their stupid forum. Please see the evidence attached.

I see that Support Team members and active BHPians are members in that stupid forum!

Attachment 817445
Thanks Guys we are looking into it.
Technocrat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2011, 23:54   #4113
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I know there is immense pressure for the Support Team to bring in New Car Reviews, but post the 650R's review, we are waiting The review was enough to get us hooked & we keep asking for more.
Thanks
Err, we were expecting timed runs too in the review thread. Would it take more time as last we heard that data gear was probably home, is it?

Sorry to get on your nerves Team
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:26   #4114
BHPian

How about creating scrolling notification system on the site to notify highly-awaited threads like Monthly car sales figures and Official Test Drives going public?

Last edited by RadiantKarma : 3rd October 2011 at 12:50.
Old 3rd October 2011, 13:07   #4115
BHPian

Before I start with my suggestion I''d like to say this:
1> As this topic says suggestions for 'Team-BHP value add on' not just the website (I may be wrong but thats what I understood) here's a suggestion that has nothing to do with the site.
2> This is not purely my idea and I've seen this topic somewhere in the forum. It was a great idea (atleast thats what I thought) but for some reason it just slowly died.

What has been nagging me is this idea of coming up with T-BHP T-shirts. From what I felt, it was a great idea. I would like to know what the moderators and support team thinks about it.
Old 4th October 2011, 17:43   #4116
Senior - BHPian

Malware Detected in Team BHP Store!!

On opening the Team BHP Store website to order a set of stickers for me, I got a warning message stating that store.team-bhp.com contains malware :

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-fullscreen-capture-1042011-53406-pm.jpg

PS: I use Google Chrome. My laptop runs on Window XP SP2 and has Avira Antivirus installed on it!
Klub Class is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 17:53   #4117
Senior - BHPian

This seems to be a real issue. Not saying that PC will get infected, but admin team have some work to clear this "tag" with google.

more details : Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for store.team-bhp.com
Old 4th October 2011, 19:10   #4118
Team-BHP Support

Re: Malware Detected in Team BHP Store!!

Quote:
On opening the Team BHP Store website to order a set of stickers for me, I got a warning message stating that store.team-bhp.com contains malware :
This error comes up when Security Certificate of a website is not available with the browser provider.

My company's employee login page faces the same issue on chrome and IE!

Nothing to worry; just continue.
Old 4th October 2011, 19:23   #4119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Nothing to worry; just continue.
You know, I could access the Team BHP Store, 2-3 days back, with no warning messages popping up!

This is what that stops me from proceeding further.

Last edited by Klub Class : 4th October 2011 at 19:24.
Old 4th October 2011, 19:38   #4120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
This error comes up when Security Certificate of a website is not available with the browser provider.
This is not a SSL issue. This is Google flagging site as being "compromised". Might or might not be a real issue.
NetfreakBombay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 23:22   #4121
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is what that stops me from proceeding further.
Klub Class, I think the admins will have to work on it. In the meanwhile, if you really want to continue, you can. Just click 'proceed anyway'.

I see no harm, unless, the page where we enter the transaction details is not secure.
Old 5th October 2011, 14:01   #4122
BHPian

For some reason I am unable to make a purchase in the store. My cards keep getting declined here but other e-com sites like amazon and ebay are working fine. Am I missing anything??

help me as I need the stickers desperately!!

Thank You!
Old 5th October 2011, 14:50   #4123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
This is not a SSL issue. This is Google flagging site as being "compromised". Might or might not be a real issue.
Surely this is not an untrusted SSL certificate problem. This is way more serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Klub Class, I think the admins will have to work on it. In the meanwhile, if you really want to continue, you can. Just click 'proceed anyway'.

I see no harm, unless, the page where we enter the transaction details is not secure.
I have known a website flagged with this warning and true to its word, Google was right. There was a malware script on the page and could have caused a lot of havoc. Google search engines detect the malware and indicate the same to the browser. On internet explorer you may not get a malware warning.

Continuing could get the malware to download malware on your machine, particularly if you running with admin privileges, like most home users on Windows.

Admins, the best thing to do would be the following steps

1. Bring down the page/sub-domain in question

2. Find the malware script. Try and go past the warning only on a)a sandboxed machine b) Using a software like Sandboxie to launch a browser sandboxed c) Running it a virtual machine

3. You will perhaps need scripts to check for more infections in other sub-domains or if you have hosted other sites on the same machine

4. Clean the web page. OR better still an OS reload of the machine in question and build up the website again

5. Resubmit the page to google

Last edited by pravingmh : 5th October 2011 at 14:51. Reason: addressing a concern
pravingmh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 16:24   #4124
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for pointing this out Klub Class.

We're looking into resolving this ASAP. It should be done very soon.

Quote:
...if you really want to continue, you can. Just click 'proceed anyway'.
NOT recommended.

Quote:
..I see no harm, unless, the page where we enter the transaction details is not secure.
The transaction is secure (since it happens on PayPal's servers), however, there is a risk of infection. Please wait till i post an update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravingmh View Post
3. You will perhaps need scripts to check for more infections in other sub-domains or if you have hosted other sites on the same machine
If you've noticed we have store.team-bhp, classifieds.team-bhp and team-bhp . One of the reasons for doing this was so that IF any one part of the site gets infected, the other parts remain independent, clean and functional.

Thanks,
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th October 2011 at 16:25.
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 16:36   #4125
BHPian

Appreciate the sub-domaining done. My concern though is whether they are on isolated machines

And I think bringing the sub-domain down would be in the best interests of the users to avoid users' machines getting infected. It should also be a practice recommended by Google's guidelines on what do when the site is infected. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks