Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2011, 17:27   #4141
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
One still has to keep clicking the "New Topics" or "Portal" to find out. A scrolling notification on every page can equally serve the purpose of a mass PM plus letting a guest user also know about it. Further, mass PM's can add to the server load and some users may get bugged with unsolicited PMs.
The mass PM facility is already in use for many things and it would not be such an overload and objectionable thing I guess.

However, I like the idea of the scroll, it would really highlight it directly and to all, members and public alike, as soon as one lands on Team-BHP forum. It would be really nice feature to have.
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 18:32   #4142
Senior - BHPian

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but can we have a tagging option to tag members in a post. So that when we are asking some particular members to respond (say, may be for expert advice or TBHP meet etc), we won't have to send PM's separately.
Also instead of a PM which takes up space in the inbox, can we have some other notifications which will tell us that we've been quoted/tagged? Something similar to Facebook notifications.
kaushik_s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 18:40   #4143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but can we have a tagging option to tag members in a post. So that when we are asking some particular members to respond (say, may be for expert advice or TBHP meet etc), we won't have to send PM's separately.
Also instead of a PM which takes up space in the inbox, can we have some other notifications which will tell us that we've been quoted/tagged? Something similar to Facebook notifications.
"You've been quoted" is an option that is already available. Please search the forums- you can (de)activate it from your UserCP.

Tagging is also possible- I think. I've seen people's name appear as tags in posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
Can someone tell me whether this "bumping up" of the new thread that has been shifted from Assembly Line can be done by the thread-starter (If so, how?) or one has to approach mods for it?
You just go to your new thread (that does not feature in "new posts") since the last post will be from when you/a mod have posted last on it and NOT when it is actually moved to the forums and type a simple message such as "Bumping this thread up. Thanks mods" or some such. It will now feature in "New Posts" and a lot more people will have access to it.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 19:47   #4144
Senior - BHPian

I had asked this question and would like to know others opinion and answers-

On starting a thread for a particular car model like M800 similar to the thread on Scorpios and Safaris owners displaying their wares and sharing thoughts-

We have stopped allowing any more car-specific picture threads. Many
have been deleted already. You will understand the undesirable
situation if we have similar threads on Accents, Palios, Petras,
Esteems, Vernas, Altos, Accords etc. etc.

People would like to post their pics of their cars and create a small group in itself. Also its unfair if some can do so like Scorp/ Safari owners but other by virtue of not owning any of these cannot do the same.

Why not have threads for M800, Accords, Palios, Accents etc? This should provide a outlet to various model owners to showcase their wares and
create a separate category one for car and another for bike models.

Last edited by girishglg : 10th October 2011 at 19:52.
Old 10th October 2011, 21:25   #4145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
You just go to your new thread (that does not feature in "new posts") since the last post will be from when you/a mod have posted last on it and NOT when it is actually moved to the forums and type a simple message such as "Bumping this thread up. Thanks mods" or some such. It will now feature in "New Posts" and a lot more people will have access to it.
Okie. Thanks noopster. And I was, in my mind, looking for a way to bump up the thread to "New Topics" list, where the day is much longer for the threads!

But hey, I think that's actually how it should ideally be. Since a thread created in Assembly Line section and then moved to Forum at a later stage gets hardly any life under "New Topics" section (where the sun shines much brighter for a thread!), it would be better if it were possible to bump up the thread under this section. I hope I am right in my understanding that a thread created directly on the Forum (without going through Assembly Line) gets much longer to stay in "New Topics" listing.
Old 11th October 2011, 00:31   #4146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
"You've been quoted" is an option that is already available. Please search the forums- you can (de)activate it from your UserCP.
I think you got me wrong, what I asked is that instead of getting a PM in our inbox for the "You've been quoted", I think it would be better if we get some other notification like in facebook.

Quote:
Tagging is also possible- I think. I've seen people's name appear as tags in posts.
Are you sure? I don't think it's implemented yet. If it is implemented then can anyone from the administration team let us know how to use it? Would be very useful.
Old 11th October 2011, 18:42   #4147
Senior - BHPian

Is some sub domain (store.team-bhp.com) of Team-BHP infected with Malware? I am getting repeated malware warning on several systems
1. With V3 Internet Security
2. With Avast Antivirus
3. With AVG Antivirus

Please see the screen shot below.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-teambhpvirus.jpg
Old 11th October 2011, 18:51   #4148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra
Is some sub domain (store.team-bhp.com) of Team-BHP infected with Malware?
The malware infection was reported by me, few pages back.

As of now, administrators are fixing the issue.
Old 13th October 2011, 17:19   #4149
BHPian

Test Drives

On the topic of Test Drives, would it be possible to invite BHPians to either ride shotgun and/ or review a vehicle.

I would love to participate in the TBHP test-drives, either as one of the reviewers and/ or riding shotgun. I am sure many other folks would be interested as well.

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 13th October 2011 at 17:20.
Old 14th October 2011, 09:09   #4150
Senior - BHPian

Re: Test Drives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
On the topic of Test Drives, would it be possible to invite BHPians to either ride shotgun and/ or review a vehicle.

I would love to participate in the TBHP test-drives, either as one of the reviewers and/ or riding shotgun. I am sure many other folks would be interested as well.
+1 to that. But practically speaking, it will be an overhead for the moderators to invite one or two persons from a community having approx 10k interested users

From my side, I suggest the below. I dont know if this has already been discussed.

a) Catalog of reviews by the car name in the test drive section

b) A parked thread for Bhpians looking for help with their PDI.
Eg: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-16th-oct.html.
It will be really helpful with first time buyers if senior bhpians can turn out to help.

c) The Thank You feature is cool. But if its accidentally selected, is there an option of de-select it?

d) Moving the Motorbikes forum from the "Around the corner" section. It doesnt feel right to be kept there.

e) A lot of people receive infractions and some people are banned. However, the reason and sample for the same seems missing as the erroneous post is deleted. I dont know if this is a privacy feature or not, but if the reason is displayed in their profile till the time they are banned or have received infraction, it would be beneficial to other bhpians to learn from other's mistakes and will stop the same from happening again to some extent.

Last edited by _raVan_ : 14th October 2011 at 09:25.
Old 14th October 2011, 12:09   #4151
Team-BHP Support

Re: Test Drives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post

I'm ready to even PAY to get a chance to sit in the backseat when the car is being road tested - especially if the moderator agrees to do some power slides!

However, I think the car company allows only one other person (other than the reviewer) to test the car.
Old 14th October 2011, 18:34   #4152
BANNED

Can we get a Google +1 button for finding the contents easily while searching and sharing.
wildon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2011, 15:30   #4153
Distinguished - BHPian

Can we automatically be subscribed to threads in which we thank a post?

Reason: There are some threads in which there are many useful posts but, one would like to remain a spectator, until something comes up to post. I usually thank the posts, and subscribe manually to the thread. If the subscription is added automatically, it would be great.
Old 17th October 2011, 16:20   #4154
Senior - BHPian

Nischint for TBHP Forums

I have been seeing this particular link name - 'Nischint' in place of Forums when I google teambhp. Any idea why is it appearing so? See attachment of the screen shot taken for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-forum2.gif  

Old 18th October 2011, 02:30   #4155
BHPian

1> I am not sure if this has been requested before, or how many times this has been requested before, but i would really like to see a "like" button for every post on teambhp (as in facebook). I guess it's sort of the same as the thanks button, but, in my opinion there's a subtle difference between thanking an useful informative post and liking a humerous/informative/intelligent/food-for-thought post.

2> As of today, the rating of a thread is solely determined by the quality of its opening post (for e.g. a thread is rated 5 stars if the opening review/experience post is splendid), but it would also be great if, we could take a step further, and mark a thread "7" stars based on the number of thanked or liked comments on that thread.

This would not only inspire members to think about the quality of their original post, but also of each and every comment they make on the thread. The responsibility of maintaining the quality of the community through each and every post would gain more visibility and hence give some great results.

What say people? :-)

3> Apart from this i also feel that whenever there is a clear indication of a choice between 2 or more options to be chosen from, in any thread, the moderators should go ahead and add an appropriate and "thought after" polling capacity to that thread without waiting for the OP's request. That would lead to a clearer judgement on questions and help guests in understanding the entire community's thoughts and general collective opinions on every single topic/debate.

Last edited by SilkDrive : 18th October 2011 at 02:35.

Most Viewed