Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2011, 09:00   #4156
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Hey is there any way we can Edit our thread title on our own? I just added pictures to my ownership thread of the Altis D-4D and wanted the same to be added on the title for everyone's benefit. I did add a note to the Mods at the bottom of my last post to edit the title. Will that suffice or do I need to PM a mod to do the same since they must be busy with a whole lot of work.
Old 18th October 2011, 09:13   #4157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hey is there any way we can Edit our thread title on our own?
No. You cannot edit the title of your thread.

I would recommend you to use the Report Post feature over PMing the moderators or leaving a note to moderators on the post itself. The reason being, the reported posts are looked upon within a few mins, or in the worst case few hours.

I hope this helps.
Klub Class is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 12:46   #4158
Senior - BHPian

I had reported this issue I guess (Dont remember when) but whenever someone quotes my post I get a mail from T-BHP. Clicking the link open a new IE page and the page keep refreshing, I am unable to see the message at all. The same happens when I am logged in and a new window pops regarding the my post being quoted. Any solutions as to why this happens and how do I see the post.
Old 21st October 2011, 17:41   #4159
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi I am not sure if this is the right place to post it. There was a thread started today I think under the "What car" section by a member mike I think. The title was something like 17L sedan or suv. I am unable to view/Locate the thread now. Has it been deleted? If yes shouldn't I get a pm informing me about the deletion of my post? Or is my computer playing tricks with me?
Old 21st October 2011, 18:23   #4160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey is there any way we can Edit our thread title on our own?
Yes you can edit with in the time frame of the post. Just after posting below your post you can see edit.It will remain for 30 minutes. With in that 3o minutes you reconfirm what to include and what to exclude and edit.After 30 minutes not possible. No idea with the help of Mods.

Last edited by Technocrat : 21st October 2011 at 20:00. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 21st October 2011, 20:12   #4161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Can we get a Google +1 button for finding the contents easily while searching and sharing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post
1> I am not sure if this has been requested before, or how many times this has been requested before, but i would really like to see a "like" button for every post on teambhp (as in facebook). I guess it's sort of the same as the thanks button, but, in my opinion there's a subtle difference between thanking an useful informative post and liking a humerous/informative/intelligent/food-for-thought post.
As of today we have no intention of adding another like, +1 or similar option for individual posts. However you can certainly like a thread whic will show up in Facebook.

Quote:
3> Apart from this i also feel that whenever there is a clear indication of a choice between 2 or more options to be chosen from, in any thread, the moderators should go ahead and add an appropriate and "thought after" polling capacity to that thread without waiting for the OP's request. That would lead to a clearer judgement on questions and help guests in understanding the entire community's thoughts and general collective opinions on every single topic/debate.
Usually we do this if the additional option is obvious, otherwise we wait, as at the end the thread belongs to the OP & chances are that in most cases he would have thought well about the options.

Also adding a option at a later stage when many people have already voted makes it a bit messy, as it will either have to be a fresh poll meaning everyone who has voted before will have to vote again or a continuation of existing poll which would mean that those who voted can not change their vote for the newly added option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I had reported this issue I guess (Dont remember when) but whenever someone quotes my post I get a mail from T-BHP. Clicking the link open a new IE page and the page keep refreshing, I am unable to see the message at all. The same happens when I am logged in and a new window pops regarding the my post being quoted. Any solutions as to why this happens and how do I see the post.
It works fine for me, do you have a pop-up blocker which is enabled? Try disabling it for Team-Bhp & then let us know.

Quote:
Hi I am not sure if this is the right place to post it. There was a thread started today I think under the "What car" section by a member mike I think. The title was something like 17L sedan or suv. I am unable to view/Locate the thread now. Has it been deleted? If yes shouldn't I get a pm informing me about the deletion of my post? Or is my computer playing tricks with me?
If a thread is deleted only the thread started receives a Deletion PM & not the users who had replied to that thread. That's how the system works.
Technocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 20:21   #4162
Senior - BHPian

Why not have a separate 'I am moving to X location' sub-forum. This will help all those who are relocating. There are quite a few threads on moving to X location, but not all places are covered. We can make it make it like the TBHP directory. Sub divide the location forum to North/East/West/South/Central India so that the thread are more organized.
sachinj12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2011, 22:30   #4163
Distinguished - BHPian

... and it could have an International section too.
Old 22nd October 2011, 07:56   #4164
Team-BHP Support

I was going through some thread and found one particular post from a newbie being given an infraction for making a reference to drunken driving.

If I'm right, newbies' posts are supposed to be approved by mods before they can be visible. Since they are still new to the forum and might make mistakes, why not edit the post (mods remove the objectionable content) and send the erring newbie a PM about what he did?

The post was approved and was visible (why was it approved in the first place?); later another mod gave an infraction. I'm sorry but this seems somewhat too harsh, and negates the whole idea behind approving newbie posts. Just my opinion. No offense meant

Last edited by KarthikK : 22nd October 2011 at 08:06. Reason: fixed some typos
KarthikK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th October 2011, 15:33   #4165
Distinguished - BHPian

Just got my stickers. I feel like a kid and cant hide my excitement. Mom asked me what was it when I smiled on seeing the courier. I told Some stickers I ordered. She made a killer expression and was convinced that I have gone crazy with all the studying that I have been doing lately. Anyways jokes apart I wanted to bring to the attention that my account in the store still shows my order as under processing. And I didnt get any mail too telling me the stickers have been dispatched.

Secondly the stupid DTDC guys have put stapler pins on the envelope and punctured my Live to drive and I drive safe stickers :(. Requesting the mods if something can be done about this in the future like maybe you can use bigger sized envelops or something? I am sure most members wouldn't mind paying for postage charges for the same.

still thanks for the ultra quick service. I love this forum.

Regards,
Mohit
Old 25th October 2011, 09:39   #4166
Senior - BHPian

On the top of the screen, we have a tab called "Test Drives". These features reports which have been a bit outdated now (eg the Verna still shows the old model, Mahindra doesnt have the XUV, etc). Can we have it revamped everytime T-Bhp has an official review?
Old 25th October 2011, 12:29   #4167
BHPian

My debit card gets rejected when i try to buy the T-Bhp stickers and I want them real bad.

It would really help if I can buy the stickers by dropping a cheque at an ATM.
Old 25th October 2011, 13:08   #4168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitrajdeep View Post
My debit card gets rejected when i try to buy the T-Bhp stickers and I want them real bad.

It would really help if I can buy the stickers by dropping a cheque at an ATM.
I think you can use only a credit card at the moment. Ask any of your friends to donate you the card. Since the amount is small it should not be much of an issue.
Old 25th October 2011, 14:56   #4169
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
whenever someone quotes my post I get a mail from T-BHP. Clicking the link open a new IE page and the page keep refreshing, I am unable to see the message at all. The same happens when I am logged in and a new window pops regarding the my post being quoted. Any solutions as to why this happens and how do I see the post.
It the person who quoted your post a Newbie?
Unfortunately, PMs get sent as soon as a newbie quotes your post -- but this is before the newbie's post gets approved.

Therefore if you follow the link right away (or if the newbies post was not approved) you'll be led to the thread - but not a specific post quoting you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Yes you can edit with in the time frame of the post.
Though this is true for posts, he was asking about thread titles - which is not possible. Klub Klass's suggestion above is the solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
On the top of the screen, we have a tab called "Test Drives". These features reports which have been a bit outdated now
This entire section will be reworked soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitrajdeep View Post
Have you set up your card for online purchases (online PIN etc)?

We're also looking into alternative payment options as we speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Can we automatically be subscribed to threads in which we thank a post?
Sorry, not available as an option in vbulletin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
I have been seeing this particular link name - 'Nischint' in place of Forums when I google teambhp.
Thanks for pointing this out. Seems like a bug with google!! We're having someone look into it.

Quote:
in my opinion there's a subtle difference between thanking an useful informative post and liking a humerous/informative/intelligent/food-for-thought post.
True... but you can still thank the user for sharing his "humerous/informative/intelligent/food-for-thought" post

Quote:
Apart from this i also feel that whenever there is a clear indication of a choice between 2 or more options to be chosen from, in any thread, the moderators should go ahead and add an appropriate and "thought after" polling capacity..
We'll try to do this where possible -- but it sure helps when members "Report Post" and request this.

Cheers,
R
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2011, 16:42   #4170
BHPian

Quote:
Have you set up your card for online purchases (online PIN etc)?

We're also looking into alternative payment options as we speak.
Thanks Rehaan,

No I have not set up my card as I do not do any online purchases.

Will be waiting for the alternative payment options.

Thanks again.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th October 2011 at 13:22. Reason: Do use quote tags, rather than just " " s

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks