Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2011, 12:00   #4186
J.Ravi

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Strange, but true: again, I am facing problem in accessing Team-BHP from my BSNL BB. I am getting this message from the past few hours:
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-tbhp.png
But, I don't face any issues through my Photon wireless BB. I am posting this message thanks to my Photon. Just like cars, we should have a good spare ISP to take care of emergency, it seems.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 4th November 2011 at 12:06.

Old 4th November 2011, 13:43   #4187
Team-BHP Support

J.Ravi,

Assuming you are on Windows, could you please do the following from your BSNL connection :

Start > Run > type cmd > press enter

Type the following at the command prompt :
tracert team-bhp.com

After its done running, right click, select all, CTRL+C, and paste it here please.

Thanks,
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2011, 18:03   #4188
BHPian

Not sure if this has been asked before, but is it possible to alllow to post 1 liner message in Thanks, so we can indicate what part in the post is being thanked for, as posts can be pretty long.
This would be viewed, only when a person clicks the Thanks option and would not clutter the thread during viewing.
Old 4th November 2011, 18:07   #4189
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Assuming you are on Windows, could you please do the following from your BSNL connection :
Thanks, Rehaan. Did that. This is what I see [with my BSNL BB]:
Name:  BSNL.png
Views: 537
Size:  9.9 KB

Old 4th November 2011, 18:38   #4190
J.Ravi

Quote:
could you please do the following from your BSNL connection :
Now, I am able to access from my BSNL BB connection.
Quote:
Okay it seems to have fixed itself! (Running a trace route was just to troubleshoot the problem - not fix it)
Thanks, Rehaan, once again. I am posting this from my BSNL BB only. If the problem crops up again, I will PM you.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 4th November 2011 at 18:46.

Old 4th November 2011, 18:41   #4191
Team-BHP Support

Thanks J.Ravi.

We'll continue this troubleshooting via PM.

cya
R

EDIT: Okay it seems to have fixed itself! (Running a trace route was just to troubleshoot the problem - not fix it)
Old 10th November 2011, 17:06   #4192
Team-BHP Support

Of late, whenever I try to report a post, I get a message saying "You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to the following reason:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page.
Please refer to the Announcements section of this forum where different membership levels are explained in detail. "

Any idea why?
Old 10th November 2011, 17:58   #4193
Senior - BHPian

I wish to update my profile with addition of my new car, but I am not allowed to do this unless I submit an essay about 'which tbhp rule is good'. Is there a work around?
Old 10th November 2011, 19:14   #4194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
I wish to update my profile with addition of my new car, but I am not allowed to do this unless I submit an essay about 'which tbhp rule is good'. Is there a work around?
yes - answer the question!

i tried it, but couldn't get past the question. i think this was put in place on a later date (don't remember seeing this when i joined).
Old 10th November 2011, 19:18   #4195
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Of late, whenever I try to report a post, I get a message saying "You do not have permission to access this page...
Strange.

Could you please log in using another browser and let me know if it still behaves the same way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
You just need to fill that mandatory field (that was added after you signed up).

We do not re-evaluate your membership, you can just fill it with "..........."

cya
R
Old 10th November 2011, 19:48   #4196
Distinguished - BHPian

GTO has already pointed out that there is room for humour in such a field
Old 12th November 2011, 23:31   #4197
BHPian

Bringing up afresh the issue of deletion of numerous "which car" threads on the forum.

I feel every prospective car buyer has a unique set of requirements. Moreover, the requirements further evolve as one progresses along in finalization of the car with suggestions trickling in from various informed quarters.

It will probably help a prospective car buyer to have a dedicated thread for his/her car search. The thread can be deleted once the hunt is over.
RadiantKarma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2011, 14:03   #4198
Distinguished - BHPian

I ordered a special Visa card recently from SBI to get the Team-BHP stickers ordered.

However, the transaction page declines to accept my Visa card every time I put the Credit Card number in, saying "Your credit or debit card has been declined for this transaction; PayPal could not validate the card. Please verify that the information you entered is correct or try a different credit or debit card."

I cross-checked with SBI but they are saying the card is valid and good to go for online purchases. I tried again this morning to procure the stickers, but came up with the same problem yet again.

What am I doing wrong here? And, is there another way of ordering the stickers directly (through COD or something)?

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-untitled.jpg
Old 13th November 2011, 15:35   #4199
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
However, the transaction page declines to accept my Visa card every time I put the Credit Card number in, saying "Your credit or debit card has been declined for this transaction; PayPal could not validate the card.
Only a verified PayPal user can do transactions. For that, your credit card should be verified by PayPal first by charging $1.95 from your credit card and refunding it to your bank account later. Only after this verification is done, PayPal account could be used for any transaction. Now, PAN and bank details are required to be furnished to PayPal as per RBI guidelines. Earlier, the balance of $1.95 could be utilised for any transaction. Not any more. It will be credited to the user's bank account only.
  (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 16:28   #4200
BHPian

Team-BHP is the best forum that i have seen so far. But i felt one more enhancement if done will be too good.

The classification of cars section. If the topic are grouped under the specific car brand then it will be much more useful. The topics which is posted for comparing the brands can be classified seperately. I am not sure if it will be possible. but i felt it will be good. Correct me if i am wrong.

Most Viewed