Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2011, 23:14   #4246
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Is there a way to find most thanked posts across the forum in past few days? That would be very helpful as if some post has been thanked by a lot of people, it has to be useful. Some option to get such posts in last week or month would be very good.
Gandhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2011, 01:26   #4247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
@Netfreakbombay
Thanks for the link but it does not seem to work on 'Chrome'.
You need to install an RSS reader in Chrome. Bunch of these are available at :
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/rss (Only works in Chrome)

After that, your browser can keep monitoring sites you are interested in and pop up a a message whenever there is a new post/page etc.
NetfreakBombay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2011, 23:07   #4248
BHPian

Unable to post using ie9 mobile on Lumia 800. At the end of post get "post contains less than 20 characters...." error.
Old 18th December 2011, 09:50   #4249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
Unable to post using ie9 mobile on Lumia 800. At the end of post get "post contains less than 20 characters...." error.

Check out the FAQ of the forum. Its documented there. This is a known bug in IE9. Try a different browser.
sachinj12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2011, 15:08   #4250
Distinguished - BHPian

Have two suggestions:

1. "you have been quoted" private messages quickly get piled up - and I would like to delete these regularly without losing my regular private messages. It is a hassle to do it now. If these "you have been quoted" PMs can be sent to a different folder then I can clean up that folder regularly with ease.

2. Search-engine-optimization (SEO) is poor on team-bhp. If you search for a single word (swift, skoda, punto, etc.) - team-bhp is not listed at all. But you see carwale, zigwheels, etc. listed. Though I agree it gets better when you search for phrases like "punto ownership", "skoda problems", "xuv test drive", etc. Based on the content quality, team-bhp should have been listed even for single work searches. Something to think about.
Old 24th December 2011, 13:23   #4251
BHPian

I would really like to see more team bhp merchandise in addition to the stickers. We can start a thread to seek inputs as to what members would like。
Old 24th December 2011, 13:26   #4252
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP STICKERS are HERE! Post sightings & pics of them on your car...

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanonwheels View Post
I would really like to see more team bhp merchandise in addition to the stickers. We can start a thread to seek inputs as to what members would like。
You could use the 'suggestion' thread for this!

Cheers,
Old 24th December 2011, 15:35   #4253
BHPian

Quote:
Tshirts/Jackets - would make meets really cool.
Old 24th December 2011, 19:44   #4254
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Baseball caps, hoodies and t shirts would be a no brainer addition - however it means hanging on to some amount of inventory at the TBHP store
perhaps other stuff like key rings, mugs, ballpens, pencils, desktop stuff and other such things too.

Quote:
Old 24th December 2011, 20:06   #4255
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan
Baseball caps, hoodies and t shirts would be a no brainer addition - however it means hanging on to some amount of inventory at the TBHP store
perhaps other stuff like key rings, mugs, ballpens, pencils, desktop stuff and other such things too.
I want a TEAM-BHP HOODY, like right now. Please launch one soon. Inspiration can be taken from the team bhp stickers.

Also do remember to make a size that fits me. I am 6 feet 3 in and wear a size 46 shirt, collar size 18.5 inches.

If a thread is launched regarding this, please someone notify me or feel free to copy and paste it (quote it) in my name there.
Old 24th December 2011, 20:36   #4256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan
I'd like a travel mug, please. Thank you!

The trouble with hoodys and T shirt is managing the sizes. I guess stickers were chosen as they (a) are secular as in one size fits all and (b) don't take up much storage space.

Maybe we (members) who want merchandise can pay up first, wait for sufficient orders to accumulate and then get the stuff made and delivered. But, in this age of instant gratification I'm not sure if this idea is acceptable.
Old 26th December 2011, 16:16   #4257
Senior - BHPian

I stumbled upon this so called Team BHP blog.

Support Team, can anything be done against this blog/blog owner for copy-pasting our contents and creating a blog with our forum's name?
Old 27th December 2011, 23:11   #4258
Senior - BHPian

Team - Could you also review the ICE and provide a 3 liner on how it sounds. Example the ICE was missed out in the XUV5oo review and many people wanted to update the factory ICE.

The same if done for fortuner would be excellent as many would be upgrading ICE if its below average.
Old 29th December 2011, 18:20   #4259
Senior - BHPian

I don't know if this has been proposed earlier, but can we subscribe to a particular forum member (and probably a member + a thread) ?

For e.g. there are some members like Mr. Behram Dhabhar who won't waste time in posting one liners, almost all their posts are filled with something that is useful to all. Could I subscribe to a member so that whenever this member posts, I shall get an alert with the link to the post the member has made?

This feature could then be added to the pulldown menu one gets on clicking the member's handle, maybe something like "Subscribe to this member".

Extending this (rather mixing this up with the thread subscription), can I set up a notification on a particular member posting in a particular thread? Specially useful in case of travelogues, ownership threads, restoration threads, where the OP's posts are more important than the frequent other messages such as "keep it up" or "post more photos"? This method will only notify me if a specific member (most probably the OP) posts something to the thread, instead of any other member.

This feature could be added to the pulldown menu one gets on clicking the member's handle, maybe something like "Subscribe to this member in this thread".

Last edited by honeybee : 29th December 2011 at 18:21.
Old 29th December 2011, 19:01   #4260
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
I stumbled upon this so called Team BHP blog.

Support Team, can anything be done against this blog/blog owner for copy-pasting our contents and creating a blog with our forum's name?

That is actually something we dabbled with once upon a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Team - Could you also review the ICE and provide a 3 liner on how it sounds. Example the ICE was missed out in the XUV5oo review and many people wanted to update the factory ICE.

From the XUV500 review : >>

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
The ICE (In Car Entertainment) System plays just about all of the newer formats, and the sound quality with lots of tweaking for bass can be passed off as acceptable at best. We have elaborated on the infotainment system in the next post.

Despite so many preset equalizer settings, the infotainment system doesn't impress in its core area of purpose : That is, playing music!! Sound quality is below average by million-rupee-car standards. The bass is too weak, and the treble too cheap:

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed