Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2012, 10:53   #4321
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Not to nitpick, but.. (Underlined in red)

EDIT: Since the watermark is hiding it, the message reads "your file size xx MB bytes exceeds forum limit of 1.00 MB ...."

Err..what are trying to convey here?

Of late I am experiencing a strange problem. Whenever I enter my id and the password, I get the incorrect log-in message. This despite me taking care to enter the right id and password. Sometimes it takes me two or three log in attempts.

My OS is XP with service pack 3, browser is firefox 10
Old 5th February 2012, 12:08   #4322
Senior - BHPian

It would be nice to have the links to the 'Forum' in the blue and red standard themes as in the BHP themes.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-.jpg
Old 5th February 2012, 15:31   #4323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Err..what are trying to convey here?
Well, silly thing actually. Don't flame me for this. AFAIK, MB means Mega Bytes. It says both MB and bytes.
Old 5th February 2012, 21:50   #4324
Senior - BHPian

Mods, please don't take this as a question on moderator activity on the forum, but:

I have seen some Newbie posts being infracted for typing....like...this, using SMS lingo etc. Considering that Newbie posts have to be approved by a mod before they become visible, wouldn't it be better if issues such as this are sorted out before the posts appear on the forum and save the Newbies some infractions? For eg: mods could disallow the Newbie's post giving him the reasons for it. This would also keep the Newbies from achieving BHPian status until they start following the basic rules.
StarrySky is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 07:27   #4325
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
On a related note, I can't post anything thru' the IE on my HD7 that runs on mango. The text field is greyed out and although what I type shows, when I hit submit, it says, the reply doesn't have enough characters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san
Well, I guess it’s to do with the latest IE compatibility settings. We can switch off the compatibility settings on the PC version, but I don’t see such an option in the IE in WP. This issue came up with the Mango update.
Looks like the above quoted issue is now resolved. I am able to post responses via my HD7’s IE now. Not sure if it was an update in the Team-bhp settings, or it got resolved with one of the regular software update for Windows Mango
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 12:28   #4326
BANNED

MODS -

A suggestion -

On the classifieds page, while you select the options (cars/make/model etc) from dropdown, the number of items/page should also be available as an option on the same page.

What happens right now is - the number of items/page option comes up when the query fetches the result from the 1st page.

Thanks.
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 21:51   #4327
BHPian

Hi folks.I have a suggestion to make.
this is with regard to the stickers.Other members have been talking about it too.
As we are a part of members only community which holds a very high reputation,it would be nice if we could distinguish ourselves from non-members.
It feels good to see the increasing number of vehicles wearing Team-Bhp stickers,but at the same time flaunting the name of this community holds a high value,responsibility as does the membership to this community.
There have been incidents where several vehicles flaunting Team-Bhp badges have been seen violating traffic rules and indulge in rash driving etc.In order to preserve sanctity and respect towards Team-Bhp why cant we have a sticker or two which would say member on the prevailing design.
I do understand there are logistics issues related to this but the sale of existing stickers could be kept under the header of non-member stickers and a members set could have the same stickers but with member printed on any two most popular stickers.which essentially means that members set could be sold to members only and the non-members set kept open for sale to anyone.
this way the number of stickers in a set remains same,no re-design issues and a member can flaunt a members badge along with any other stickers of his choice thus not depriving him or her of their favorite sticker. I even had a talk with senior bhpian Sachinj12 and probably he could effectively take it up to the moderators should majority of the people here would want the same.
antorquetik is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 23:37   #4328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antorquetik View Post
I do understand there are logistics issues related to this but the sale of existing stickers could be kept under the header of non-member stickers and a members set could have the same stickers but with member printed on any two most popular stickers.which essentially means that members set could be sold to members only and the non-members set kept open for sale to anyone.
this way the number of stickers in a set remains same,no re-design issues and a member can flaunt a members badge along with any other stickers of his choice thus not depriving him or her of their favorite sticker.
Very much agree to this point. We are also seeing few taxis sporting these stickers.

Secondly, on a lighter note, these stickers will also make the spottings easier. I have spotted quite a few people here in Chennai and IIRC only 2 of my spottings got a response. So, am not sure if the others are actually t-bhpians.

Now, a suggestion from my side on the Spottings thread.

In this thread, we see quite a lot of posts belonging to Bangalore. On an average, I think at least 12 posts in one page of 15 posts would be from Bangalore-ans. Can't we dedicate one separate thread for Bangalore and one more for all other places put together? Might be my point sounds stupid - but I think there will be some more guys who would agree to my point. Searching this thread is becoming increasingly difficult day by day.

A separate thread for spottings by IronH4wk would be the next!!
callvvijay is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 05:55   #4329
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antorquetik View Post
@Antorquetik, two points about your suggestion:

1. The non-TBHP-ian will not be able to distinguish between the two. If he spots a rashly driven non-member sticker, he will still see TBHP + rash driving.

2. Not all TBPH-ians will drive carefully. You will still find some one driving rash.

Having said that, I do share the same concerns you have. If there was a way to keep TBHP (stikcers) and rash drivers apart, I'd love to see it practiced.
Old 13th February 2012, 17:20   #4330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Antorquetik, two points about your suggestion:

1. The non-TBHP-ian will not be able to distinguish between the two. If he spots a rashly driven non-member sticker, he will still see TBHP + rash driving.

2. Not all TBPH-ians will drive carefully. You will still find some one driving rash.

Having said that, I do share the same concerns you have. If there was a way to keep TBHP (stikcers) and rash drivers apart, I'd love to see it practiced.
@condor
with all due respect sir,
our idea here is not to police rash drivers,it is just that member sticker will help us maintain the exclusivity that we proudly seek in this forum.
Secondly i feel it would help the members identify fellow bhpians.I highly doubt that an outsider would even be remotely interested in finding out if a car flaunting Team-Bhp stickers is driven by a member or not.
Old 15th February 2012, 14:26   #4331
BHPian

Dear Mod team,
Recently while logging on to the website, i have noticed that "www.teambhp.com" would not redirect me to Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Portal. (which earlier did)

As a member, i am aware of the exact site name along with the hyphen (team-bhp), but i dont think the guest users might, rather concluding that the site is down with problems.

Cant we devise a way through this ? So that we are not hindering our potential user !

Thank you.

Last edited by seedyk : 15th February 2012 at 14:29. Reason: autotext changed www.teambhp.com
Old 15th February 2012, 21:57   #4332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seedyk View Post
Dear Mod team,
Recently while logging on to the website, i have noticed that "www.teambhp.com"
I tried and it redirected me to the homepage.
sachinj12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2012, 11:16   #4333
BHPian

hey, it is indeed redirecting now.
May be next time if the problem persists, will snap a screenshot if the mods need to see it.

Thank you
Old 17th February 2012, 01:29   #4334
Senior - BHPian

Sometimes, even though i am logged in, i get 'PRIVATE' written in shifting gears instead of showing me latest posts. I click on it, it takes me to shifting gears just fine.

Wonder what's wrong?
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-private.jpg  

chevelle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2012, 01:49   #4335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Sometimes, even though i am logged in, i get 'PRIVATE' written in shifting gears instead of showing me latest posts. I click on it, it takes me to shifting gears just fine.

Wonder what's wrong?
Those are threads in the Assembly Line sub-section (which falls in the Shifting Gears section) being updated. And since they're private until a moderator moves them out of that section, we see the thread name as 'PRIVATE' (i.e only the thread creator and moderators can see them!).

anekho is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks