Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2012, 05:15   #4411
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Bumped on this change yesterday and since then i was wondering what would be the rationale. Went through the link on the reasons given, don't quiet agree, the posts don't get counted that's OK, but Thank feature is about thanking a valuable information provided and it can happen anywhere, in any thread.

Not sure if this could be reconsidered, but if there is a possibility then i would request to introduce Thank button again on any section/thread.

As an example, For me and hopefully many others, the most valuable thread is the Parenting thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...iences-38.html), its full of high value information and not being able to Thank some of that will not be nice.

PS : Forgot to add , thought it would be obvious .

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 21st March 2012 at 05:20.
Old 21st March 2012, 06:14   #4412
Distinguished - BHPian

@Mayank, agree with you on the specific thread. And the possibility that we will have some very good threads like that.

But the change was intended for the entire Shifting Gears sub-forum where we discuss non-Automotive subjects. Team-BHP is primarily an automotive forum, and I think the change was to highlight that part. Not to take away anything from those very helpful threads.

Also, just because the thanks feature is not there on the thread, it does not take away the importance of such threads one bit. Threads like that will continue to serve the purpose they were created for. And will continue to draw the same qualitative inputs as before.
Old 21st March 2012, 07:30   #4413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
However, after couple of hours the time displayed in all the threads went back by one hour and hence it started showing the correct time 12:05 and 12:10 in the posts pointed out by me.
Has to do with the Daylight savings change that happened in North America couple of weeks back. May be your post was caught in between during the change. The server clock is indeed advanced by one hour, as I get my daily digest emails at 10:30 AM IST, instead of 11:30 AM earlier.
Old 21st March 2012, 11:25   #4414
Senior - BHPian

Can we stop rating the threads?

I would recommend that we do away with star ratings for threads. I understand that the rating shows up if five members rate a thread and give same stars. I am not sure how it works. Correct me if i am wrong. If this is correct, it is very easy to get the ratings for threads when group of friends rate the thread of each other and the threads get rated high!!!!

I for one have noticed that a there are many threads in the forum which are rated five star with viewership of less than 5000 whereas there many which are not rated at all but have high viewership and responses. What does this infer? Obviously, as i mentioned above, it is easier to get the rating for the therad if i can get my friends on the forum to rate it for me. I am not blaming anyone here but the highlighting the lacuna in the system.

I have also seen some members feeling bad - to the extent of threatening to stop the thread - when their rating has gone down because someone in the forum has rated his/her therad lowly which has made the overall rating fall!!

We can avoid all this and have a healthy forum wherein members just share the information for use of others without expecting it to be rated.

Last edited by Fauji : 21st March 2012 at 11:41. Reason: Can we stop rating the threads?
Old 24th March 2012, 22:11   #4415
Senior - BHPian

A quick suggestion regarding the *NEW TOPICS* feature.

When a thread is created using the Assembly line feature and then bumped up subsequently after a substantial period of time... say a week or so, it doesn't feature under the *NEW TOPICS* feature, thereby lacking the necessary visibility.

Case in point:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...al-review.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2723754

The first post of the Official Review of the new Sonata was created on 12th March. However it was made public only on 22nd March. It doesn't show up on the new topics list.
Old 24th March 2012, 23:11   #4416
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys.

Can we have pictures of some newer cars on the top right corner of the forum like Polo, Vento, Fortuner, New Swift, XUV500, Sunny, Brio, New Fiesta, New Verna, etc.

Just by adding these pictures, we will have a fresh look of the forum.
Old 3rd April 2012, 16:43   #4417
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a query...

After the photo gallery has come into effect, I don't see the "BHP garage" link in the main page.
Since last month I got 2 emails on my registered mail id that there was a comment on my BHP garage.
When I opened TBHP and logged in, I could not find a link to that.
I made a search of the site with a query "BHP garage" Through this search result I could reach my BHP garage.
In the garage page teh path was showing Team-BHP>BHP Garage, but when I go to home page I could not find it.
This has happened only after the Photo gallery was released.
Is it just a problem with me?
Old 4th April 2012, 10:36   #4418
Senior - BHPian

There is an annoying ad banner opens at the top of the team-bhp on each and every page even after logged. It is a pain to close the banner on each page and taking away the joy of browsing.

Regards

Vinu
Old 4th April 2012, 12:54   #4419
Team-BHP Support

Can we have a separate thread on sales figures of commercial vehicles (trucks, buses, etc) similar to the following thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-analysis.html
Old 4th April 2012, 13:16   #4420
Distinguished - BHPian

Can we see why a member has been given an Infarction? The reason for the infarction or the post that lead to it. This can probably make other members aware of the rules too. Why I am saying this is because off late I observed some members with an infarction who are 300 or more posts old. At that stage a member would generally be well versed with the rules. It would be informative to know what led to the infarction and so other members can avoid it.
Old 4th April 2012, 13:23   #4421
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Can we see why a member has been given an Infarction? The reason for the infarction or the post that lead to it. This can probably make other members aware of the rules too. Why I am saying this is because off late I observed some members with an infarction who are 300 or more posts old. At that stage a member would generally be well versed with the rules. It would be informative to know what led to the infarction and so other members can avoid it.

But the elite crack team of mods would have removed the evidence from the crime scene already.

Last edited by SmartCat : 4th April 2012 at 13:24.
Old 4th April 2012, 16:52   #4422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Can we see why a member has been given an Infarction?
Excellent suggestion, but i would like it to be on self rather than on others, for example if some of my posts are closer to getting an infraction and why, so as i can mend my ways and get better.

Wishful thinking, but it would be nice to have some sort of self infraction checker (I agree this cannot be 100% objective, and there is some amount of subjectivity to this), but if something like this is there it would possibly make way for better quality posts and at the same time reduce load on the mods to check for subjective quality posts rather than something that can be algorithmically checked.

Automate things that are boring to do, is the mantra.
Old 4th April 2012, 17:11   #4423
Senior - BHPian

Will it possible to include this in the set of stickers.
This really looks nice , may be something like the www url stickers that we have now.

Cheers
Attached Images

Old 4th April 2012, 21:28   #4424
BHPian

Today only I noticed that one of my favorite sections "TESTDRIVES" is no longer available on front page. Is it really removed or just relocated where I am not able to find?
I like this section because In just one page it covers everything about the car. Also information is based on not just one time review but overall long term ownership experience.
Suggestion 1 : Include the section again (if removed).
Suggestion 2 : Also keep pages for discontinued cars in that section for the interest of pre worshiped car buyers.
Old 7th April 2012, 12:58   #4425
Distinguished - BHPian

I won't mention this again, but one last request to rethink the "like" decision. There are so many posts that I like, and want to express that --- and now I can't.

I can't "like" the posts
I can't post saying I like the post, as it would be a "one-liner"

I can't like a post because it is about squirrels, not cars? That is a nonsense. Even in this thread I can't express agreement with any suggestion.

The "like" button was a great innovation: taking it away from some sections was a really bad decision. Please take another look at it.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 7th April 2012 at 12:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks