Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2012, 19:00   #4441
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I won't mention this again, but one last request to rethink the "like" decision. There are so many posts that I like, and want to express that --- and now I can't.

I can't "like" the posts
I can't post saying I like the post, as it would be a "one-liner"

I can't like a post because it is about squirrels, not cars? That is a nonsense. Even in this thread I can't express agreement with any suggestion.

The "like" button was a great innovation: taking it away from some sections was a really bad decision. Please take another look at it.
How I wish I could thank your post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
We use thanks count to gauge a member's contribution to the forum, which is actually about automobiles.

It came to our collective notice that there were many who were earning boatloads of thanks from posting in Joke Thread. Post a nice joke found in FB, get 5-10 thanks for it. Same thing was happening in many threads under Shifting gear, which has nothing to do with automobiles, the real focus of the forum.

This really corrupted the purpose behind introducing thanks count. So we disabled thanks button for shifting gear section.
I remember in the past - one of the mod replied to my query on the uncounted posts in shifting gears section that 'posts' is just a number and same should go well with thanks as well. Is it really a tool of measuring a member's worthiness on the forum? I will not ask to bring thanks again in shifting gears section but at least you can bring "LIKE" button (Which will be uncounted for sure) for shifting gear section. Receiving Thanks/Likes is really motivating!

I hope there will be some implementation over this!

Last edited by bluevolt : 12th April 2012 at 19:04.
Old 14th April 2012, 17:22   #4442
Senior - BHPian

Checkout this post.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2745644

Here the member has edited the post even after 20 minutes of allowed editing time, original post was made at 5.40PM and it was edited @ 6.08 PM i.e. after 28 minutes.

Is there any changes in editing time?

Last edited by bluevolt : 14th April 2012 at 17:33.
Old 14th April 2012, 19:24   #4443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Checkout this post.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2745644

Here the member has edited the post even after 20 minutes of allowed editing time, original post was made at 5.40PM and it was edited @ 6.08 PM i.e. after 28 minutes.

Is there any changes in editing time?
May be he pressed the "EDIT" button within 20 minutes and submitted the edited post beyond the specified time!

EDIT 1: Look at my edit time

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 14th April 2012 at 19:53.
Old 14th April 2012, 20:05   #4444
Senior - BHPian

Oops!! Sorry for the back to back post!

When I tried editing the above post beyond 30 minutes, it threw up the following message!

Apparently the edit time has been extended to 30 minutes. Hope this clarifies everything.
Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 453
Size:  143.2 KB

Check Point 5B out here

Team-BHP - Announcements in Forum : Team-BHP Advice

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 14th April 2012 at 20:06.
Old 15th April 2012, 08:35   #4445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Check out the FAQ of the forum. Its documented there. This is a known bug in IE9. Try a different browser.
mysteriously this is working now.
Old 15th April 2012, 11:59   #4446
BHPian

this may have been discussed earlier, but I'ld like to suggest:
whenever there is a quote to an earlier post, we can see the username (in bold) and a link button (red) to that original post. We we can also have a time-stamp in the text (next to username) of the original post would be more clear for the later users (readers).

example as below pic: (sorry members for using your posts to represent!)
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-suggestquotetimestamp.jpg

thanks,
Old 15th April 2012, 16:54   #4447
Senior - BHPian

I just wrote this to mods and thought I will write here as well in case if its already there and I couldnt search enough.

I'm looking for a way to disaplay all the posts on the same page in the browser (dont posts on multiple pages). This will help me send the page to my reading device to read at later point in time, offline too and I dont need to be connected while I want to read long threads.

Is this possible? or has anyone found another way to get this done? I dont want to send each page to my reading device, it will create a document for each page.
Old 15th April 2012, 23:18   #4448
BHPian

The instances of T-BHP servers getting slow are getting too frequent. Perhaps, it's time to upgrade the servers?
Old 16th April 2012, 22:41   #4449
BHPian

Presently, the posts in the Shifting Gear sections don't count in our post counts. It would be really worthwhile for newcomers if their posts in shifting gears counts as well because some of the most interesting topics (other than automobiles) comes under Shifting gear. I for one, was posting to some of the threads which I liked much in this section but was really confused as they didn't add to my post count up until Ace told me about the existing rule. So, it would be great if admins gave a thought to this.
Old 17th April 2012, 22:48   #4450
BHPian

Whenever I report a post, my posts count increases. Please stop it and deduct the number of reports from my number of posts too
Old 19th April 2012, 01:33   #4451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan
I just wrote this to mods and thought I will write here as well in case if its already there and I couldnt search enough.

I'm looking for a way to disaplay all the posts on the same page in the browser (dont posts on multiple pages). This will help me send the page to my reading device to read at later point in time, offline too and I dont need to be connected while I want to read long threads.

Is this possible? or has anyone found another way to get this done? I dont want to send each page to my reading device, it will create a document for each page.
Why not try the archive mode? I'm not sure if it is present here. Most forums have a printer friendly version as well which loads the entire thread in a single page.
Old 19th April 2012, 02:21   #4452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Why not try the archive mode? I'm not sure if it is present here. Most forums have a printer friendly version as well which loads the entire thread in a single page.
Couldnt find it.
Mods, if something like that exists, sorry for missing such a good feature, let us know how to use it.
Old 20th April 2012, 11:29   #4453
Distinguished - BHPian

To the mods:
Is there any way by which members can get their hands on the answers they gave when applying for membership?
jaranally....
Old 20th April 2012, 12:08   #4454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk
To the mods:
Is there any way by which members can get their hands on the answers they gave when applying for membership?
jaranally....
I can think of two possibilities:

1. You wanna read it over and over and laugh your bum off

Or

2. You wanna leak the answer paper to let more people join Team-BHP at first attempt.

Spill it out, which one is it?
Old 20th April 2012, 15:24   #4455
Senior - BHPian

My suggestions (maybe this has already been covered earlier, but now, with 300 pages, I don't think I will find something quickly).
1. Some anti-bumping feature for old threads should be implemented.
An example of an old thread that got bumped up today:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rd-mondeo.html

An example of a partial solution: Anti Bump Old Threads - vBulletin.org Forum

2. Search does not work with sub-strings, it seems. It would be nice if this can be enabled.
e.g. I was trying to find this thread itself (Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians) so that I can post my first suggestion.
So, from the top Search menu, I selected the option "Search Titles Only" and then entered the query "Suggestion". I pressed the "Go" button hoping to find this thread on top, since this is a very active thread.
But I could not find this anywhere in the search results (looked at all the pages).

Then after some trial error, I realized that the query should have been "Suggestions" (plural form) and that actually brought this thread as the first result.

So, sub-string matches are not working. If possible, please enable and make the search experience richer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks