Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2012, 09:24   #4501
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

I think it would be great if Moderators could shoot & post a video describing the pros and cons of the car and several other interesting aspects and walk-around (if they wish), while reviewing a new car under the "Official New Car Reviews."

I know shooting a video while driving is tough & requires lot of equipment so I am not talking about that. Just a small video at the end to get the crux of the review!
Old 7th May 2012, 15:52   #4502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
I think it would be great if Moderators could shoot & post a video describing the pros and cons of the car and several other interesting aspects and walk-around (if they wish), while reviewing a new car under the "Official New Car Reviews."
ah! Overdrive style reviews! nice

who's gonna go first?
Old 8th May 2012, 08:41   #4503
BHPian

Why does the threads that are moved from Assembly Line section to main stream forum has a post about the same from a moderator? That doesn't add any value to the thread IMHO.

Last edited by Gandhi : 8th May 2012 at 08:57.
Old 8th May 2012, 08:53   #4504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Why does the thread that are moved from Assembly Line section to main stream forum has a post about the same from a moderator? That doesn't add any value to the thread IMHO.
I believe the reason why the moderators notify (by posting) that the thread has been moved from Assembly Line to main forum is to make the thread visible in the New Posts page.

IMHO, the post can be deleted once members start posting on the thread

What say?
Old 8th May 2012, 08:59   #4505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
I believe the reason why the moderators notify (by posting) that the thread has been moved from Assembly Line to main forum is to make the thread visible in the New Posts page.

What say?
If they have designed the Assembly Line feature, I'm sure there must be a better way to get the thread visible in New Posts/Topics. Otherwise your workaround sounds good too, if moderators are OK with that extra effort.
Old 8th May 2012, 09:32   #4506
Team-BHP Support

I believe once the thread has enough content, it is moved from assembly line to the main forums with a mod note approving and bumping it up as well.
As Klub Class mentions, to make it visible under New topics/posts.

I believe the vb is designed that way
Old 8th May 2012, 09:47   #4507
BHPian

A wild thought..
Can we have stickers for our tbhp handles.... Exclusive to team bhp only. e.g. GTO, condor, sheel, nozzlering, etc.
Old 8th May 2012, 13:48   #4508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozzlering View Post
Exclusive to team bhp only. e.g. GTO, condor, sheel, nozzlering, etc.
i can't have sticker with GTO's handle on my ride; wouldn't be right

j/k mate!

on a serious note, the cost for making such a sticker for each and every member would be high and it's not a viable option.

i've thought of another way, but yet to implement it - get one of 'em sticker fellas to create a sticker with your handle on it and stick it next to or near the Team-BHP sticker. easy workaround.

just one drawback; what if non-members think this a new Team-BHP sticker and copy it. then you'll have other cars sporting your handle
Old 8th May 2012, 15:22   #4509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
i can't have sticker with GTO's handle on my ride; wouldn't be right

j/k mate!

on a serious note, the cost for making such a sticker for each and every member would be high and it's not a viable option.

i've thought of another way, but yet to implement it - get one of 'em sticker fellas to create a sticker with your handle on it and stick it next to or near the Team-BHP sticker. easy workaround.

just one drawback; what if non-members think this a new Team-BHP sticker and copy it. then you'll have other cars sporting your handle
I meant individual stickers buddy. That means I get a nozzlering sticker, you get iron hawk, and so on. Yes the cost would be high, but would be affordable. Also there will be uniformity in the design, if done by tbhp for all members. Anyways, its an idea, and all ideas need not be implemented.

Last edited by nozzlering : 8th May 2012 at 15:24.
Old 8th May 2012, 21:14   #4510
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozzlering

I meant individual stickers buddy. That means I get a nozzlering sticker, you get iron hawk, and so on. Yes the cost would be high, but would be affordable. Also there will be uniformity in the design, if done by tbhp for all members. Anyways, its an idea, and all ideas need not be implemented.
And you do know what's going to to happen.
Bhpians cutting through gaps to get close and spot the handle.

The accident thread will be merged with the spotting thread!
Team bhp accident sticker spottings!
Old 8th May 2012, 21:25   #4511
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Why does the threads that are moved from Assembly Line section to main stream forum has a post about the same from a moderator? That doesn't add any value to the thread IMHO.
The way it works, a member who has finished composing his/her thread in Assembly Line reports the thread once it is ready. A moderator then moves the thread into public view by moving the thread to the respective forum. The mod post serves to notify the original poster of the thread going public as well as lets other members know that the thread has been composed in Assembly Line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post

What say?
Is there any specific reason you wish this post to be deleted? Does it detract from the content of the thread in any way?
Old 8th May 2012, 22:03   #4512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
The mod post serves to notify the original poster of the thread going public as well as lets other members know that the thread has been composed in Assembly Line.
That's exactly my point. This post for me doesn't add any value to the thread. You can already find out if the thread is in Assembly line or main forum by the location.

And the one liner mod post doesn't comply to our forum rules either.
Old 8th May 2012, 22:29   #4513
BHPian

What about a "like" button for posts? Thanks button serves its purpose well but after a good laugh sometimes i wish i could "like" that post or +1 it as we cant post one liners.

For example in "IronH4wk"s post above the last line is hilarious. But clicking the thanks button sometimes sounds like "thank you sir for such a good laugh."

So are we getting a new "like" or "Vroom" button?
Old 8th May 2012, 23:45   #4514
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to post message via mobile with your signature. I am unable to do it.
Old 9th May 2012, 00:15   #4515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher
Is it possible to post message via mobile with your signature. I am unable to do it.
The signature option via the mobile app is not currently available. It's in the works though (I think).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks