Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2012, 00:45   #4516
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

how can i point to a particular post in my signature?
Tried looking at options but pasting the link is not working.
thank you
Old 9th May 2012, 01:09   #4517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist
thank you
You want to put a forum thread as your signature, is that the case? Try the URL tags.
Old 9th May 2012, 07:14   #4518
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK

You want to put a forum thread as your signature, is that the case? Try the URL tags.
I don't think any URLs are allowed in signatures.
Old 9th May 2012, 08:59   #4519
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi

That's exactly my point. This post for me doesn't add any value to the thread. You can already find out if the thread is in Assembly line or main forum by the location.

And the one liner mod post doesn't comply to our forum rules either.
Assembly Line is a very useful feature and in my opinion greatly enhances the quality of a thread. Putting the link in every thread that has been composed using this facility probably helps spread awareness and encourages more members to use it. Also most of these mod notes contain some comment on the actual thread content; even if it is a single thanks, as a poster I appreciate this touch. You also need to consider that some threads by their very nature need to be pushed into and pulled out of Assembly Line now and then. The mod post is fairly useful in such cases.

Also, one-liner posts are not always literally so. As long as the post is relevant to the discussion and contributes to the thread without taking away from it, the post stands. Having said that it would be good if we could have other members' views on the mod post in Assembly Line as well.
Old 9th May 2012, 12:47   #4520
Senior - BHPian

This morning while I was browsing through the threads on the Team-BHP app I noticed an ad for Bolero between the posts. Are we supposed to see automotive ads on Team-BHP?
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-image854728497.jpg

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-image955734903.jpg
Old 9th May 2012, 12:55   #4521
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
That's exactly my point. This post for me doesn't add any value to the thread. You can already find out if the thread is in Assembly line or main forum by the location.

And the one liner mod post doesn't comply to our forum rules either.
It doesn't add any value but it brings it to the top of the new posts list. Some ownership reports are started but get completed only after a month or 2. Once that thread goes live it will sit where noone can find it.

We bump it out so it goes to the top. We can also delete our bump post after a while but there are a lot of threads that are complied in assembly line. It really requires a lot of effort to go through and delete our post only after someone else has replied.

But I'm just wondering why that one post is a problem? If it poses as a genuine issue we can look at it.
Old 9th May 2012, 13:15   #4522
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
This morning while I was browsing through the threads on the Team-BHP app I noticed an ad for Bolero between the posts. Are we supposed to see automotive ads on Team-BHP?
I was about to ask on this. Had a similar experience this morning. It was not automotive advts though. Is it normal to have advts between the posts when accessed via iPhone App?
Old 9th May 2012, 13:18   #4523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san
I was about to ask on this. Had a similar experience this morning. It was not automotive advts though. Is it normal to have advts between the posts when accessed via iPhone App?
Yes, there are ads in the iPhone app and GTO clarified the point a few posts back here. This is to sustain the app as free without charging for it.
Old 9th May 2012, 13:36   #4524
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes, there are ads in the iPhone app and GTO clarified the point a few posts back here. This is to sustain the app as free without charging for it.
Thanks for the quick clarification. I recently switched fruits (Mango to Apple) and did not go through the whole thread
Old 10th May 2012, 15:18   #4525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
thank you
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I don't think any URLs are allowed in signatures.
yep, it is true; you can't have URLs in your siggy (had to find the hard way)
Name:  url_siggy_test1.PNG
Views: 366
Size:  26.6 KB

what is allowed:
Name:  url_siggy_test2.PNG
Views: 364
Size:  13.2 KB
Old 11th May 2012, 00:15   #4526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
We're already powered by Google Search and have added refinement labels too. Click here for more info.

The google search is not working for me on IE8/ Mozilla for quite a few days now. Is it only me?
Old 11th May 2012, 04:28   #4527
BHPian

How come Linea niggling issues thread is under Indian Auto scene while other cars niggling issues are under Technical. Please move the Linea thread under Technical so as to give a fair viewing to all cars and avoid any prejudices.
Old 11th May 2012, 16:43   #4528
Senior - BHPian

Team,

For the posts that have been edited by mods, the forum sends out an notification to the user.

Is it possible to enhance this notification to the include the original message, so that we can compare it to the edited version.

I have been very careful ever since I got an infraction in AUG 2011, I received a warning today that I have quoted a very long post and to quote only the relevant bits.

I take close to 5 - 10 mins for each post and I would like to learn how to fine tune it further.

This enhancement should be of great help as we got to know what has been removed or was considered irrelevant.

Last edited by F150 : 11th May 2012 at 16:46.
Old 13th May 2012, 22:55   #4529
Senior - BHPian

This has been put forward by other members in this thread, but don't we really want to encourage people like http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post2774402 and so many others who contribute value to the "Shifting Gears" section?

At least could we please bring back the thanks button but still not count the thanks in this section towards the sum. This would be more in line with our policy where posts made in the "Shifting Gears" section don't add to overall post count, thanks in the "Shifting Gears" section don't add to overall thanks count. Or is it a difficult task with the software?

Personally, I would also love to have two additional options on clicking our handles on the left side of each post. "Quote and send a private message to XYZ" to quote a post and reply in a private message in one go. "Find all quoted posts to this post". At present, we don't have an option to find all the posts that was quoted against a particular post.

Maybe I demand more or I don't know how the software works. If it is too much or if others feel these are unnecessary, let these remain as plain suggestions.
Old 16th May 2012, 10:22   #4530
BHPian

I find busy threads grow by few tens of pages each day and members may noy have the time to read all the new posts. This results in repeat posts or the same questions being asked over and over again. The sunfilm ban thread is a classic example.

Is there a way to point members to useful posts on the thread - maybe by taking into consideration the number of "thanks" a post received - so members can refrain from posting repetitive info and questions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks