Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2012, 13:03   #4546
Distinguished - BHPian

Mods, could you please put an explanation of the flogging a dead horse emotions in, say, a pop up when its being selected?
Its starting to be used in quite strange places.
Old 2nd June 2012, 09:01   #4547
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Commitment to maintain Team-BHPs QUALITY!

I did not know where to write this but I have noticed a serious issue. This has happened twice with me. Whenever I try to open the profile of a particular bhpian I am redirected to some other bhpians profile who has a similar name. Example: I tried to open Speed.Demons profile and it kept me redirecting to Speed Demons profile which had 0 post and 0 everything. Hope this issue is taken care of. Kudo to Team-Bhp.

Last edited by Pancham : 2nd June 2012 at 09:03.
Old 2nd June 2012, 11:54   #4548
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Shouldn't we have a separate 'SCOOP' sub forum under Indian car scene forum for thread's like Brio Scoop, Superb scoop and so on?
Old 2nd June 2012, 12:43   #4549
Distinguished - BHPian

Could be a good idea.

Maybe it could be moderator controlled, with real scoops being promoted to such a forum, and then shifted back to every-day forums. That way, there would be a limited number of really new/important items, the hot news of the day or week, and not cluttered by stuff that was a scoop long ago.
Old 4th June 2012, 11:47   #4550
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there a way to have a once released thread to take it to the assembly line if needed in due course for updates? Eg: travelouges - if visiting a country again.

Cheers!
Old 5th June 2012, 13:36   #4551
Senior - BHPian

I am not able to take the 'View Profile - jinojohnt' page from my home BSNL evdo connection. Every time I try to load the page, I am shown the login page. But I am able to view this page from my office. Wonder what's wrong.
Because of this, I am not able to locate a thread which I saved as draft. Any work around available?
Old 5th June 2012, 14:22   #4552
BHPian

I have the following suggestions
-When ever I try to open an image through the t-bhp app. All the images in the page tries to get loaded. On a slow network this is painful. Is it possible to load only the selected image?
-The other thing I noticed was one cannot zoom into the pictures when viewing them through the app. Can something be done about this?
PS: I am not sure if the above 2 things are because of a problem with my phone.
- Can all the tyre reviews be made into a separate section similar to the car review section?
Old 5th June 2012, 14:33   #4553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
I am not able to take the 'View Profile - jinojohnt' page from my home BSNL evdo connection. Every time I try to load the page, I am shown the login page. But I am able to view this page from my office. Wonder what's wrong.
Because of this, I am not able to locate a thread which I saved as draft. Any work around available?
Yes same issue but I cannot login to TBHP from my work. I login and the login screen comes back.
Old 5th June 2012, 22:38   #4554
Senior - BHPian

Today for the first time saw 376 pages under the New Posts caption. Is it going to stau or is a temporary one? It would be better to fix some time frame for the posts.
Old 5th June 2012, 23:30   #4555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
I can't find the link for synopsis of the car reviews. The one which had an overall summary (for eg- aveo, matiz, cielo etc.). When I search for car reviews, I am redirected to official car review sub forum. Is the link removed or am I not looking at the right place?
Yes we don't have that anymore as we have much more detailed Reviews available on the Forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Mods, could you please put an explanation of the flogging a dead horse emotions in, say, a pop up when its being selected?
Its starting to be used in quite strange places.
Yes we are aware that sometimes this smiley gets misused but currently we do not have any plan of removing this smiley,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I did not know where to write this but I have noticed a serious issue. This has happened twice with me. Whenever I try to open the profile of a particular bhpian I am redirected to some other bhpians profile who has a similar name. Example: I tried to open Speed.Demons profile and it kept me redirecting to Speed Demons profile which had 0 post and 0 everything. Hope this issue is taken care of. Kudo to Team-Bhp.
This is a known Vbulletin issue, happens with some special charaters including dot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Shouldn't we have a separate 'SCOOP' sub forum under Indian car scene forum for thread's like Brio Scoop, Superb scoop and so on?
Scoop threads usually are of interest in the first few pages after that its a just normal discussion which often runs into 100 of pages before the actual launch happens.

Also scoops often belong to different sections e.g. there could be a scoop on a new truck, Bike, Car. Some even in International section. So IMHO it makes more sense to keep them in their respective section rather than create a new section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Is there a way to have a once released thread to take it to the assembly line if needed in due course for updates? Eg: travelouges - if visiting a country again.

Cheers!
Yes, Please report your thread if an update is required. If it meets the requirement to be in Assembly Line section, we will move it there so that updates can be done.

Quote:
Are you logged in to Team-bhp on your home pc? If yes then this shouldn't happen.

Also how did you save a thread as darft? in Assembly line? If yes then you can also go to AL & you would see your thread, right there. This will ofcourse require you to be logged in to Team-Bhp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycatcher View Post
I have the following suggestions
-When ever I try to open an image through the t-bhp app. All the images in the page tries to get loaded. On a slow network this is painful. Is it possible to load only the selected image?
-The other thing I noticed was one cannot zoom into the pictures when viewing them through the app. Can something be done about this?
PS: I am not sure if the above 2 things are because of a problem with my phone.
- Can all the tyre reviews be made into a separate section similar to the car review section?
Thanks for reporting these issues, we will take a look. The Not zooming in for pictures is a known issue though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Today for the first time saw 376 pages under the New Posts caption. Is it going to stau or is a temporary one? It would be better to fix some time frame for the posts.
This is purely based on your last login session. So if you cleared your cookies, you will get a long list for New posts.
Old 7th June 2012, 13:28   #4556
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Thanks. We'll come up with a SCOOPS index (but not a dedicated forum section). Appreciate your making this suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Sure, but this isn't always preferred. Because your thread will still show up in search results.

Quote:
Because of this, I am not able to locate a thread which I saved as draft.
Link to your Assembly Line Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by flycatcher View Post
Can all the tyre reviews be made into a separate section similar to the car review section?
Here is our dedicated tyre & wheel section : Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Better that you click on "New Topics" . It will only show you new threads of the last 2 days.
Old 7th June 2012, 13:52   #4557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Yes we don't have that anymore as we have much more detailed Reviews available on the Forum.

What about the older car reviews, then?

Also, since we don't have a dedicated synopsis anymore, it would be great if you add few things from the synopsis to the official review.

City/highway mileage.
Problem areas
Upkeep etc.

Basically, the entire thing that showed up on the left side of the synopsis.
Old 7th June 2012, 22:56   #4558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
"Find all quoted posts to this post". At present, we don't have an option to find all the posts that was quoted against a particular post.
May I be allowed to explain this with an example, please?

I was searching the forum for a review of the online store 'buytheprice.com', using the forum search option and the thread search option. I could come across only one review at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post2795418 Since the below posts didn't oppose his view, I thought okay about the store and didn't go further pages. However, on second thoughts about the popularity of competing stores, I put off the purchase instinctively.

At a later stage, I came across this post which had a negative review of the store. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post2797173 This post did not turn out in my previous search just because my keyword was not present in the post.

If we had a mechanism to search / find posts that have quoted a particular post, would that not be a value addition to the threads?
Old 8th June 2012, 14:29   #4559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post

If we had a mechanism to search / find posts that have quoted a particular post...
Just a thought, and I haven't tried it... Google?

As in, every post that quotes that post and has the pointer to it will begin (using your post I'm quoting as an example:

[quote=thoma;2801882]

But perhaps I'm being too techie here <Blush>, I guess Google would find any text form the post.

As a built-in feature, I haven't seen it on any vB or similar forum, so my guess is it would have to wait until vB had the idea and decided to implement it. The Team have often said that they have a policy of keeping the software as standard as possible, with the minimum of customising and add-ins.
Old 12th June 2012, 22:07   #4560
Senior - BHPian

I am noticing a color change here which is not looking good IMO. Please revert it to original state.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-untitled.jpg

Most Viewed