Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2012, 08:45   #4576
Team-BHP Support

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

What's with this? Been getting this both on Chrome and IE9.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-error.jpg  

Old 24th June 2012, 08:56   #4577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
I am not able to take the 'View Profile - jinojohnt' page from my home BSNL evdo connection. Every time I try to load the page, I am shown the login page. But I am able to view this page from my office. Wonder what's wrong.
Because of this, I am not able to locate a thread which I saved as draft. Any work around available?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Are you logged in to Team-bhp on your home pc? If yes then this shouldn't happen.

Also how did you save a thread as darft? in Assembly line? If yes then you can also go to AL & you would see your thread, right there. This will ofcourse require you to be logged in to Team-Bhp.
Yes, the problem was present after logging in (home pc). Thanks Technocrat, the problem now seems to be solved. Now I am able to view my profile after logging in my home PC.
Thanks GTO for the link to my thread in assembly line section, I have now completed the thread and reported the post for requesting to move to an appropriate section.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 24th June 2012 at 09:00.
Old 24th June 2012, 11:28   #4578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
It's a bug. Have a look at this post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2806825 and then subsequent posts.

I am also having same issue.

Last edited by bluevolt : 24th June 2012 at 11:29.
Old 25th June 2012, 11:25   #4579
BHPian

The bug with BHP Silver theme is back. I'm on Firefox on Mac 10.7.4, if that makes any difference.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-android-thread_-phones-_-apps-_-mods-page-656-teambhp_1340603651509.png
Old 25th June 2012, 14:50   #4580
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
It's a bug.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
The bug with BHP Silver theme is back.
Thanks again guys.

The bug was fixed (it was a CSS issue), but over this weekend the stylesheets were re-built, and it came back.

Its been fixed again, and hopefully this time for good

cya
R
Old 25th June 2012, 15:35   #4581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Its been fixed again, and hopefully this time for good
Nope Rehaan, I can still see the issue with IE8.

BTW how do I attach the screen shot directly in the new message window.?
Old 25th June 2012, 16:14   #4582
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Nope Rehaan, I can still see the issue with IE8.
You'll have to hit refresh a bunch of times, or better yet, clear your browser's cache. Let me know if that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
BTW how do I attach the screen shot directly in the new message window.?
In the quick reply box? Click on the paperclip icon... just like in the advanced view.

What skin are you using?

cya
R
Old 25th June 2012, 18:07   #4583
Senior - BHPian

Clearing the cache cleared the issue. However, I'll post few cosmetic observations below.

Noticed some posts extending to the right if it contains pictures with extra size, as below.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-2.jpg

I am getting an empty blank post frame just after the first post, if I am not logged in.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-1.jpg
Old 26th June 2012, 00:34   #4584
BHPian

Hello

1. Where multiple pictures are posted, especially in the Pre-War, Post-War sections, can the uploader of these pictures add titles and/or descriptors?
Right now all we can see is the uploader's name.
Information and tags can be added to them.

2. Also I have noticed that a lot of people have written their ownership reports but are 'forgetting' to update their vehicles in their profiles.

3. In the member's section, the vehicles are listed in a column, can this column be made searchable? For example, today I was looking for owners of a type of car and had to do a general search and read posts to figure that they may not necessarily own them but were just commenting on the vehicles. Knowing this information is crucial so i can ask the right people my doubts quickly. So if Point 2 is taken on and people update their cars/bikes, zeroing in on fellow owners would be really useful. This of course applies to vehicles people want to disclose. And my thinking is that if their replies, ownership reports, pictures anyway mention them voluntarily, then this information is not really a secret.

4. Keep up the good work!
Old 26th June 2012, 17:45   #4585
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Noticed some posts extending to the right if it contains pictures with extra size, as below.
All images uploaded using our attachment system are re-sized to 800 pixels wide. This is done so that users on low res screens do not have to scroll side-to-side (which is a real pain!)

In the screenshot you've posted, chances are you are either using a resolution lower than 1024x768 OR you've set the browser zoom to something above 100%.

Quote:
I am getting an empty blank post frame just after the first post, if I am not logged in.
This post sometimes contains an ad banner. Its only visible to guests. When there's no ad banner in the slot it shows up like in the screenshot you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automaton View Post
1. Where multiple pictures are posted, especially in the Pre-War, Post-War sections, can the uploader of these pictures add titles and/or descriptors?
Its up to the member if they want to post descriptions or not. We do allow the ability to post pictures in-line and then add text to each one - but not everyone does this when uploading several images. (Also, as an aside, check out our PhotoGallery if you haven't already seen it.)

Quote:
2. Also I have noticed that a lot of people have written their ownership reports but are 'forgetting' to update their vehicles in their profiles.
Hmmm.. true, but can't really force people to do this. Though we do have some future plans that might help this issue.

Quote:
3. In the member's section, the vehicles are listed in a column, can this column be made searchable?
It is currently searchable. On the members list page, click "search" on the top right, and select "advanced search". You should be at this page : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/memberlist.php?do=search

Quote:
4. Keep up the good work!
Thanks!
R
Old 26th June 2012, 19:06   #4586
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In the screenshot you've posted, chances are you are either using a resolution lower than 1024x768 OR you've set the browser zoom to something above 100%.
Fine Though the browser zoom is 100%, the maximum resolution on my Inspiron mini is 1024 X 600.
Old 26th June 2012, 19:44   #4587
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Fine Though the browser zoom is 100%, the maximum resolution on my Inspiron mini is 1024 X 600.
1024 x 600 should be fine (since its the same width).

In the screenshot you posted, the image hasn't been posted in-line, therefore it has that additional "attachments" border around it. This is whats making the page about 20-40px wider than the minimum we accounted for

cya
R
Old 26th June 2012, 20:01   #4588
BHPian

This is regarding moderation of posts of newbies like me.

I understand that first 25 posts of a newbie needs to be moderated. but since any posts under shifting gears section would not be counted, those would not be added to arrive at the number 25.

Wouldn't it be better idea moderate first 25 posts of a newbie irrespective of the section it is posted to. This would also save efforts of moderators, as most of newbies post on introduction's threads initially.
Old 26th June 2012, 20:48   #4589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1024 x 600 should be fine (since its the same width).

In the screenshot you posted, the image hasn't been posted in-line, therefore it has that additional "attachments" border around it. This is whats making the page about 20-40px wider than the minimum we accounted for

cya
R
True. 1024 pixels account for the width, I forgot. But then how do images come not in-line? When quoting a post that contain an image, I guess? When I randomly counter checked few pages from the images thread and saw post #3260 at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...hread-218.html, with an image in-line, went outside the intended width.

EDIT : Ok, I guess by in-line we mean the images that are posted in between the texts, attached using the Attachments button in the Message menu in the Reply to Thread frame. The other way is to use the Manage Attachments under the Additional Options frame, right? But, don't we want to align all the post frames to a specific width, whether it contains in-line images or not? Not much of an issue, but that would have looked better

Last edited by thoma : 26th June 2012 at 21:04.
Old 27th June 2012, 07:48   #4590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You'll have to hit refresh a bunch of times, or better yet, clear your browser's cache. Let me know if that works.

In the quick reply box? Click on the paperclip icon... just like in the advanced view.
@Rehaan,

Thanks, upon refreshing the screen was normal.

Regarding the attachment of screenshot, as per your suggestion I would still have to save the screenshot in a word doc and then attach using the paperclip icon. I tried direct pasting in the new message window and nothing happened. Pls advise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks