Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2012, 22:04   #4621
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

I am unable to find smileys while posting from my Laptop since past few days.
I use Mozilla Firefox.
Old 13th July 2012, 22:41   #4622
BHPian

I visit teambhp every single day from my nokia e5.It works fine.Except i cant attach files such as images etc.There is just no option.I checked everywhere.I use the opera mini browser.Any idea how i can start attaching pictures.Also is there a specific webpage for symbian users.Or an app of symbian s60 users.
Old 14th July 2012, 10:43   #4623
Team-BHP Support

I'm not able to upload pictures on Classifieds. Each time I select a file through the Browse button and click on Upload, the file name vanishes and nothing happens.
Old 16th July 2012, 06:55   #4624
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been seeing quite a few sticker spottings going un-noticed which means that its sported by non-members.Can we have a couple of stickers which says "Member" as a watermark and these are sold exclusively to members?In turn we have to expect that these stickers are not distributed to non-members by them.
Old 16th July 2012, 12:08   #4625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Thanks bluevolt. This is a bug (not a design change) and will be fixed soon.

cya
R
Bug is back again in Silver BHP theme.
Old 16th July 2012, 21:43   #4626
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I have been seeing quite a few sticker spottings going un-noticed which means that its sported by non-members.Can we have a couple of stickers which says "Member" as a watermark and these are sold exclusively to members?In turn we have to expect that these stickers are not distributed to non-members by them.
Good idea but again very difficult to implement. Although the mods can probably make sure that the members only stickers need one to log in with there forum ID in order to buy them.
Old 17th July 2012, 06:30   #4627
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg

Good idea but again very difficult to implement. Although the mods can probably make sure that the members only stickers need one to log in with there forum ID in order to buy them.
Well thats what i meant.Members only can buy those stickers once they log onto to the site or else only the other stickers already available will be visible.It can be a smaller one like the doctors use or maybe one with a holographic watermark of teambhp.Now after buying,onus will be on them to maintain the purity of member stickers by not distributing to non-members.
Old 17th July 2012, 08:12   #4628
Team-BHP Support

Currently, if I reply on a thread, I get auto-subscribed to that. Can we have the same logic for the Thanks button as well? I mean, there may be threads which I am interested in, but did not have anything to post at that moment.

Of course, I can manually subscribe, but it would have been more convenient if get subscribed by thanking the post
Old 17th July 2012, 11:27   #4629
Team-BHP Support

I seem to notice a lot of off-topic threads in the Indian Auto Scene section of late. Perhaps these were created long, long back and are being bumped up now, but they are hogging space in an irrelevant section. I would like to urge the moderators to do some kind of clean-up activity and move these irrelevant threads to appropriate sections. Most of them are in no way concerned with the Indian Auto industry and ideally belong in the 'Shifting Gears' section. I keep seeing these off-topic threads cluttering up the section, while the more relevant news threads which actually belong in the right place, get pushed back into oblivion. I've tried reporting some threads a couple of times but those threads are still there.

A few examples of such irrelevant (to Indian Auto Scene) threads :

What does a wife's car choice have to do with the Indian Auto Scene?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...half-like.html

Timepass poll
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-same-car.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...d-friends.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-stay-car.html

Scroll through a few pages of the Indian Auto Scene section and you will find many more such off-topic threads, casual discussions which belong in the Shifting gears section.

Cleaning up and moving these threads out of the 'Indian Auto scene' section will make it clutter-free to some extent, improving viewership experience for members and guests alike. Just a suggestion.

Last edited by KarthikK : 17th July 2012 at 11:33.
Old 17th July 2012, 12:08   #4630
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Can I request for a creation of a seperate folder for the *Scoop* threads. It becomes very difficult to trace when the scoop was first available on the forum...
Its unlikely that we'll create a whole new folder for just Scoops. However, why don't you search for the word "scoop" in the titles of the Indian Car Scene section?

Alternatively, in the near future we will have a browsable listing of all SCOOP threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
I am unable to find smileys while posting from my Laptop since past few days. I use Mozilla Firefox.
Do you face the same issue on other browsers?

This sounds like a local problem. Try clearing your cache in FF and report back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
I visit teambhp every single day from my nokia e5.It works fine.Except i cant attach files such as images etc.

Also is there a specific webpage for symbian users.Or an app of symbian s60 users.
Could you tell me which skin you are using?

At the moment there is no specific webpage/skin/app for symbian users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
...Can we have a couple of stickers which says "Member" as a watermark and these are sold exclusively to members?
Very hard to limit the sale to just members BoneCollector. Am not entirely sure it will be worth the extra effort for the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Bug is back again in Silver BHP theme.
Strange. Its working fine here, and on a few other computers i've checked on. Please clear your cache?

cya
R
Old 17th July 2012, 12:25   #4631
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Very hard to limit the sale to just members BoneCollector. Am not entirely sure it will be worth the extra effort for the same.
Ya,quite true.It'll all depend on the esteemed members that they do not distribute the "member" stickers to non-members.I'll try to find a solution myself.
Old 17th July 2012, 16:51   #4632
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Currently, if I reply on a thread, I get auto-subscribed to that. Can we have the same logic for the Thanks button as well
Very cool idea! Though our "Thanks" feature is a 3rd party add-on, making an integration like this a bit tricky. We try our best not to mess with the original software unless absolutely needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I seem to notice a lot of off-topic threads in the Indian Auto Scene section of late. Perhaps these were created long, long back and are being bumped up now,
Yepp. The ones you've pointed out are all older threads from 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 respectively.

We'll look into moving these.

In future, please do report the threads that you think are in the wrong section, and the mods will move em over.

Thanks,
R
Old 17th July 2012, 21:45   #4633
BHPian

Quote:

Could you tell me which skin you are using?

At the moment there is no specific webpage/skin/app for symbian users.
R
i am using the normal option bhpmobile.
but when i log onto the browser which is opera, i type in m.team-bhp.com
Old 18th July 2012, 00:51   #4634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you face the same issue on other browsers?
This sounds like a local problem. Try clearing your cache in FF and report back?
The real culprit was the setting in Message Editor Interface which was set to Basic Editor, now changed to Standard Editor.

Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 03:41   #4635
Senior - BHPian

Unable to do full screen for integrated youtube videos in firefox or IE, both in XP and Win 7 64-Bit OS

Cache cleared, history cleared, firefox reset done. Nothing helps.

Is it because of Youtube's policy or is something wrong with its integration with Team-bhp?

eg, there is a Renault Duster video in that thread that was not able to show full screen even after click on the full screen [] symbol.

Please advise.

thanks

Last edited by chevelle : 18th July 2012 at 03:49.

Most Viewed