Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2012, 14:53   #4651
Team-BHP Support

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Whenever I click the multi-quote button (the one with two inverted commas and a plus sign), it takes me to the Post Reply page.
Could you please clear your cookies and cache and try again? (Or alternatively, try it in incognito/private mode, or in another browser)

Quote:
I got an alert on PM saying someone had quoted my post. But when I clicked the link, I landed on a page which says I do not have permission to view its content.
Parthasarathig is right. The thread was moved to the assembly line so that he could add more info to his report before making it public.

Quote:
Now that you have quoted my post, I didn't get any alert.
He replied via the Mobile app. (Notice that the quote doesn't have that small arrow next to it). When your post is quoted via the mobile app, you don't get a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGA View Post
Can I edit the post which gets sent across unintentionally while using the mobile android app. Unable to locate the handle for the same.
Long press the header over the post and select EDIT.
Let me know if this doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Assuming the case when one of my post has been quoted within the edit time-frame of 30 minutes. Now which is better / recommended? Quoting the quoted post (or a fresh post) in a new post, or, editing my previous post to add the quote?
Fresh post is better, as that way readers aren't likely to miss your reply - and it follows a logical flow. The multi-quote rule says there shouldn't be consecutive posts from the same user in the same thread within 30 minutes of each other.

cya
R
Old 31st July 2012, 22:39   #4652
PGA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan

Long press the header over the post and select EDIT.
Let me know if this doesn't work.
Thanks a lot, it works, Iam able to edit the sent posts from the app.
Old 2nd August 2012, 12:49   #4653
BHPian

First I would say the Butter smooth and easy interface of the T-Bhp is amazing. Even first timers to the site in few clicks understands where to see what.
Please keep this NO-Commercial Policy intact no matter what, this is one thing that stands out this portal of all the others.
Thread Control and Merging is also a great way of purging the unnecessary posts and links that leads to nowhere.
Thanks to the Design and Programming Team!
Well I have been on site for couple of years now and feel that its time to introduce costumizable color schemes or new theme options that members may chose. This will add new stylish dash to the portal. Or atleast the color combinations may get little tweaked or changed to give that fresh appeal to the site.
Just my suggestions!
Old 2nd August 2012, 16:58   #4654
Senior - BHPian

I have noticed this in the past few days, that some random garbage tags are getting appended to my post.

Eg: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2859657

It doesnt seem to go away even after deleting it from the post.
Old 2nd August 2012, 20:01   #4655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Could you please clear your cookies and cache and try again? (Or alternatively, try it in incognito/private mode, or in another browser)
Hmmm... I tried from my laptop and now it seems to work. I shall clear the cache and cookies from my desktop and try again.

Quote:
Parthasarathig is right. The thread was moved to the assembly line so that he could add more info to his report before making it public.
He replied via the Mobile app. (Notice that the quote doesn't have that small arrow next to it). When your post is quoted via the mobile app, you don't get a PM.
Oh, so threads can be moved back to the assembly line!

Any specific reason why the PM is not triggered in case of the mobile app?

By the way the new skin is super cool. Congrats to the team!
Old 3rd August 2012, 17:43   #4656
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGA View Post
Thanks a lot, it works, Iam able to edit the sent posts from the app.
Thanks for confirming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
Well I have been on site for couple of years now and feel that its time to introduce costumizable color schemes or new theme options that members may chose.
Can't say we have any immediate plans for this on the forum, though the landing page might get a touch-up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
I have noticed this in the past few days, that some random garbage tags are getting appended to my post.

It doesnt seem to go away even after deleting it from the post.
1) How come this post doesn't have the random garbage?
2) Are you using WYSIWYG, or do you see tags like [b]xx[/b] when you make something bold in your reply window?
3) What browser are you using?

Quote:
Any specific reason why the PM is not triggered in case of the mobile app?
At the moment, the mobile app quote doesn't include the pointer to the specific post that was quoted, so this doesn't trigger the PM for that user.

Quote:
By the way the new skin is super cool.
What skin?

We've not added any new skin in years. Perhaps its just a recent discovery for you!

cya
R
Old 3rd August 2012, 19:24   #4657
BHPian

Senior BHPians, how about you increase the number of posts visible on a single page. Both, in android and lappy, it kind of gets irritating. Else its the cleanest forum i have been to, No "speed up your computer" type crappy banner ads !
Old 6th August 2012, 09:09   #4658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2) Are you using WYSIWYG, or do you see tags like [b]xx[/b] when you make something bold in your reply window?
3) What browser are you using?
1) Didnt get your question :( If I understand it right, you are talking about the hyperlinked post. The same was edited to remove the tags by you
2) Nope and nope.
3) Firefox 14.0.1

Last edited by _raVan_ : 6th August 2012 at 09:10.
Old 8th August 2012, 13:31   #4659
BHPian

Considering a lot of people here do have trip Logs (excel files) of their trips, I have a suggestion that a thread be created under Route/Travel Queries and made sticky, in which people can post their trip log ONLY(no discussions like road conditions, hotels and all).

Or Even create a sub section Trip Log under Street And Travel Experience in which members can post their trip log ONLY (no discussions like road conditions, hotels and all) by creating new thread.

Right now its a pain to search log files, or have ask in person ! HVK will surely like the suggestion i guess.

Last edited by ajay387 : 8th August 2012 at 13:34.
Old 9th August 2012, 12:30   #4660
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Monk View Post
First I would say the Butter smooth and easy interface of the T-Bhp is amazing.
We like simple designs . The focus should be on the content only. Guests can't even see signatures below posts.

Quote:
Please keep this NO-Commercial Policy intact no matter what
Aye Aye Sir

Quote:
Well I have been on site for couple of years now and feel that its time to introduce costumizable color schemes
There are 4 skins you can choose from (Blue, Red, Black & Grey). Look for the drop-down on the bottom left of every forum page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep11787 View Post
Senior BHPians, how about you increase the number of posts visible on a single page. Both, in android and lappy
Possible on the Android App, but not on the web / lappy version. In the App, go to Settings -> Items per page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Didnt get your question
He means your posts on the suggestions thread (including this one that I am replying to).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay387 View Post
Considering a lot of people here do have trip Logs (excel files) of their trips, I have a suggestion that a thread be created under Route/Travel Queries and made sticky, in which people can post their trip log ONLY(no discussions like road conditions, hotels and all).
Here is a similar thread
Old 9th August 2012, 14:21   #4661
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
He means your posts on the suggestions thread (including this one that I am replying to).
Oh okie. I dont know. Its random and mostly comes when I am editing my post.

*EDIT*: Got the tags here too as below (its not posted by me), but in my first post itself. I think it has got something to do with quoting of posts.

Last edited by GTO : 10th August 2012 at 17:11. Reason: Removing the dirty code from this post
Old 9th August 2012, 20:55   #4662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
There are 4 skins you can choose from (Blue, Red, Black & Grey). Look for the drop-down on the bottom left of every forum page.
Thanks GTO
I had almost forgot this drop down menu, so engraved in the threads and real content. BUT I must say that these basic color schemes can be enhanced as out of all only silver is worth selection IMO.

Well contrary to my own suggestions I realized that we T-Bhpians are only concerned about the real contents everything else is secondary.
Old 10th August 2012, 12:48   #4663
BHPian

MODS - I dont if this suggestion has been put up earlier. Kindly delete if it has.

In the "Travelogues" section, it would be lovely if the trips are segmented "State Wise". Like a separate sub-forum for each state. For eg. Mumbai to Mahabaleshwar, would come under "Maharashtra" & Bangalore to Hampi would come under "Karnataka".

There could also be a sub-forum called "Multiple States", for multi state travels. For Eg.- Bangalore to Manali will come under this section.

Out of India trips could be up up under "Foreign Locations"

The advantage of this segmentation would be that it would be easier for members to zero in a particular location in their state, which is scenic & not so popular.

Regards
Varun Nair
Old 10th August 2012, 14:38   #4664
BHPian

A feature i would love to add on is : Possibility to add upto 50 images per post (In Travelogues Section) - The current 30 Images per post some times do not feel enough to put it on the go while composing the Travelogue.
Old 10th August 2012, 15:34   #4665
Distinguished - BHPian

One of the Hot Thread in the home page is mentioned as "June 2012 Car Sales Analysis". But actually it should be "July". This link opens the thread " July 2012 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis"

Most Viewed