Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2012, 22:39   #4681
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

I have a query/question here. Since yesterday i.e. 24th Aug, I get this untrusted connection warning message when I try to open Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Portal. Even the google search shows team bhp as https instead of http.

Am I missing out something here? It happened on my Office PC (Windows 7 64bit - Chrome) as well as my home PC (Linux Mint - Firefox 12). If I then edit the address, and remove the https, it works perfectly fine.

Screenshots are attached -

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot-20120825-223008.png

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot-20120825-223303.png
Old 27th August 2012, 09:29   #4682
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitrajdeep View Post
Is it possible to have an e-mail notification if one of our posts is thanked.
Hi mitrajdeep,

Sorry this isn't a settings option on the Thanks system we use. You can however see all the posts of yours that have been thanked by visiting your profile and clicking "Find all of mitrajdeep's posts that have been thanked"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
With the increased time for *Editing* a post, it would also be great to have a version control tool
WWW, not sure if our vBull version has that (maybe it does). However we have chosen our short edit period specificly to prevent mis-use of it, or it changing the seed of the discussion after it has ensued (can be very confusing for readers). Version control would clarify things, but its a bit too complex a solution in this case - in my opinion. (However, for a wiki-style editable first post etc, it would be great).

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Even the google search shows team bhp as https instead of http.
Not sure why google has started to prefer our httpS link. We are looking into this ASAP!!

Thanks,
R
Old 30th August 2012, 22:34   #4683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hi

Thanks,
R
Can you guys explain the one I have marked inside the red box? Is this a new feature or spammed? Its on every border so.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-tbho.png  

Old 2nd September 2012, 00:47   #4684
BHPian

How about a "Live To Ride" for the bikers on the community. I know it might not go down with very a well known marque of the motorcycling world, but I am sure something can be worked out. The only sticker that I could paste on my bike was the smaller transparent URL sticker, which unfortunately some idiot stole, ripped it right out (appreciation for the quality of the stickers though). Give us some bike specific stickers please
Old 3rd September 2012, 20:27   #4685
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Can you guys explain the one I have marked inside the red box? Is this a new feature or spammed? Its on every border so.
Seems to be a problem with your browser.

Clear your cache and it should fix itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damanshaheed View Post
How about a "Live To Ride" for the bikers on the community. I know it might not go down with very a well known marque of the motorcycling world, but I am sure something can be worked out.
Thats a good one. Though pardon my ignorance -- which bike brand is it associated with?

We will try to include a bike-specific sticker in our next round of sticker designs, as it has been requested a lot!

cya
R
Old 3rd September 2012, 21:56   #4686
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thats a good one. Though pardon my ignorance -- which bike brand is it associated with?
I believe its from Harley Davidson.

Quote:
We will try to include a bike-specific sticker in our next round of sticker designs, as it has been requested a lot!

cya
R
My CBR is waiting
Old 3rd September 2012, 22:05   #4687
BHPian

Since custom printing is so simple nowadays, can we get bumper stickers with our handles printed under them ? :P
Old 4th September 2012, 03:27   #4688
Senior - BHPian

Please ignore if this has been posted earlier, I was wondering if a 'Quote' option could be added to the 'Advanced option' when replying to a post.

It'll be of great help when replying to long posts/ or posts with multiple queries. As of now I use the copy/paste option and its a tedious process

With a exclusive 'Quote' option, I can simply use the option to 'quote' relavant parts of the member's post to answer their queries.
Old 4th September 2012, 14:21   #4689
BHPian

Quote:

cya
R
Its Harley Davidson

Live to Ride, Ride to Live

Quote:
My CBR is waiting
My CBR is waiting too.

Last edited by damanshaheed : 4th September 2012 at 14:25.
Old 4th September 2012, 22:22   #4690
BHPian

@GTO, @Reehan, The monthly Indian car sales thread contains images with lot of textual information. It would be good if these images are of png/gif format to have good readability. The jpeg images currently has a lot of specks around the text that looks bad. But again, I have noticed that even if I upload a png/gif image, the watermarking process somehow causes the jpeg artifacts to appear in the image. e.g this link

However, some image attachments skip the watermarking (and appear nice!). e.g link (Wondering what is the difference, is it the upload process that makes the difference?)
Old 5th September 2012, 13:25   #4691
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I also have a suggestion for the monthly sales threads.

For this kind of opening post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2858681 - is it possible to label each jpeg?

For eg.
Top 20 cars by sales volume
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/145887.jpg

Top 20 with YoY movement
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/145888.jpg

etc.

This will greatly help. First time one goes through all the jpegs, but later on if I want to relook one of the charts, it's difficult to remember which one it was.
Old 5th September 2012, 22:22   #4692
BHPian

I think expecting people to provide an unbiased review of the car AFTER they have bought it is a bit too much to ask, at least in the initial ownership report. Are we really expecting people to say bad things about something on which they have already invested a sizable chunk of their hard earned money, more so in a world where all other road users are morons, when we get a scratch on our rides?

I mean, how many reports do we read stating "I misjudged and ended up scratching/denting my car"? Isn't it always the moronic two wheeler/ drunk truck driver/ idiot auto driver and so on?

Why don't we just have a section for "Initial Ownership REPORT" just to allow members to announce to the world what they have bought, with a disclaimer that these posts must not be construed as buying advice, if that is needed?

Rajan
Old 5th September 2012, 22:49   #4693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
I think expecting people to provide an unbiased review of the car AFTER they have bought it is a bit too much to ask, at least in the initial ownership report. Are we really expecting people to say bad things about something on which they have already invested a sizable chunk of their hard earned money, more so in a world where all other road users are morons, when we get a scratch on our rides?

I mean, how many reports do we read stating "I misjudged and ended up scratching/denting my car"? Isn't it always the moronic two wheeler/ drunk truck driver/ idiot auto driver and so on?

Why don't we just have a section for "Initial Ownership REPORT" just to allow members to announce to the world what they have bought, with a disclaimer that these posts must not be construed as buying advice, if that is needed?
I guess that's where the sixth sense comes into play.

Honestly, I have found most of the ownership reports in the forum to be unbiased and balanced.

The ownership reports here, are more based on the personal experience of the member. A pro for you could always be a con for somebody else.

Further, Even if something has been stated grossly contrary to reality, it would definitely become a subject of debate in the discussion following the review and the real position would surface in no time.

Last but not the least, we always have the official reviews to fall back on, based on which the final decision could be taken.

My two cents!

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 5th September 2012 at 22:50.
Old 5th September 2012, 23:00   #4694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
I guess that's where the sixth sense comes into play.

Honestly, I have found most of the ownership reports in the forum to be unbiased and balanced.
Guess that is where the moderation / review comes into play. I agree with most of what you have said, except the sixth sense bit.

I vividly remember posting my buying experience of the Palio right here almost 5 years back. I did not recommend the car. I did not praise the car. I did not make any attempt to justify my buying decision. All I wanted to do was to share my happiness with friends and was able to do just that.

Rajan
Old 6th September 2012, 02:12   #4695
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
We have: the thread is called something like I booked my car and tends to include I took delivery as well.

There is no need for disclaimers. Opinions are opinions; advice is advice. The first is personal, the second need not be taken --- but is usually given in good faith.

The official site car tests might have a different standing, but for the rest of us, what we do is share experience and opinion as community members.

Actually, some people love to put Disclaimer... blah blah on their posts. Often, it is not a disclaimer at all, not relevant, and not necessary.

Most Viewed