Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2012, 21:55   #4756
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hi Guys,

PS - Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 has been released. Its a free upgrade if you have a 2012 license. Do try it, and depending on the build version it might resolve the issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
I installed KIS 2013 and i guess the problem is solved.

I am now able to view pictures which I couldn't until KIS update.

Thanks Rehaan.

Faced the problem again today after a gap of many days.
Good that you mentioned about KIS and Chrome, since that is what I am using.
I will surely upgrade to KIS 2013 and report back.
Old 5th October 2012, 00:56   #4757
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Really sorry about this.

This happens because of Kaspersky + Chrome. I assume you are all using KIS 2012? (Do reply if you aren't!)

I have been in contact with someone from Kaspersky India, and though his team can replicate the problem, they can't figure out what is causing it!!

I found the same issue on another site (link) but i haven't heard back on if that has helped them figure it out.

Will keep you updated. Hope that they can figure this out soon.

cya
R

PS - Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 has been released. Its a free upgrade if you have a 2012 license. Do try it, and depending on the build version it might resolve the issue.
It does work! yes, KIS 2013 solves the problem! Thanks Rehaan..thats a major relief!
Old 5th October 2012, 17:51   #4758
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Not sure if it has been reported earlier, but this has happened to me multiple times to believe that a problem exists.

When a newbie quotes my post, I get a 'You have been quoted' message. If I follow the link in the mssage, sometimes it happens that the actual post is still in review with mods and does not appear on the thread.

In such cases, the page keeps on refreshing automatically as if in search of the 'invisible' post.

Anybody else faced this issue?

Is there a way, the 'You have been quoted' message could be delayed till a mod has approved the post of a newbie?
Old 5th October 2012, 18:34   #4759
Senior - BHPian

Mods can we have the "Congratulations" tab in the New Car thread like the "Thanks" tab we have elsewhere. Sometimes, we may not have anything to say except congratulating the proud owner, & at times, in order to avoid ranting, we do not congratulate the person.
Old 5th October 2012, 18:37   #4760
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Is there a way, the 'You have been quoted' message could be delayed till a mod has approved the post of a newbie?
I doubt it, if there was Rehaan or GTO would have had it implemented by now. I suppose that is really annoying though. I have just disabled the YBQ function on mine (am not showing off )

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Mods can we have the "Congratulations" tab in the New Car thread like the "Thanks" tab we have elsewhere. Sometimes, we may not have anything to say except congratulating the proud owner, & at times, in order to avoid ranting, we do not congratulate the person.
Please use Thanks button for Congratulations as well.
Old 6th October 2012, 10:41   #4761
BHPian

I'm a newbie. I'd posted a reply in a thread, and after posting only I remembered that I'd forgot to add an important bit.

My post has already been submitted for moderator approval and now I have no way to either modify it or delete it and I'm almost sure I'll get an infraction for the said post

So I request the moderators to provide the newbies with some way to edit or delete their posts which has been submitted, same would really help in improving the forum quality and reduce unwanted burden on moderators also.
Old 6th October 2012, 11:30   #4762
Senior - BHPian

Is there a bug in the image uploader?

Check this post. No watermark has been created.

And the pic in my post has been watermarked twice.

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 6th October 2012 at 11:32.
Old 6th October 2012, 20:59   #4763
BHPian

In the Classifieds section, the default tab is set to 'Featured Ads' and not 'Recently Added'. IMO, it should be set to Recently Added because there is a high chance that the cars listed in the Featured Ads were listed quite a while ago and would already have been sold.
Old 8th October 2012, 14:08   #4764
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Is there a bug in the image uploader?
Nope

Quote:
Check this post. No watermark has been created.
That's because the pictures weren't uploaded via the Team-BHP Attachment System (Member has been informed accordingly).

Quote:
And the pic in my post has been watermarked twice.
You've re-uploaded an image that was already hosted & watermarked on Team-BHP.
Old 8th October 2012, 16:58   #4765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
It does work! yes, KIS 2013 solves the problem! Thanks Rehaan..thats a major relief!
Yes. The image issue is now solved with KIS 2013. I think we should highlight this on the home page or via a mass PM.
Not sure how many use KIS and Chrome combination, though.
Old 8th October 2012, 17:22   #4766
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What makes you say this? Link to post?
Nothing has changed about our image uploading procedure. Images are still being stored on the TBHP server just like they were.

cya
R
Here is a link to the image: http://www.gophoto.it/view.php?i=htt...4-battery1.jpg

This is the Image in LBMs groundpounder thread. When I clicked on the picture, this was the link I was sent to.
Old 9th October 2012, 20:19   #4767
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Rehaan,

The following thread has a unique behavior:
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-missing-attachment-icon.jpg

1. There are images in the thread, but the listing does not show the paper-clip icon.
2. The images in the first post of the thread do not have tbhp marking.

Can you please look into it?

Thanks

Last edited by SDP : 9th October 2012 at 20:21.
Old 10th October 2012, 16:51   #4768
BHPian

Call it my bad luck, most of the time I'm unable to join Tean-BHP Puneri Tapri Meet. So come across this small idea to get in touch with other BHPian, will be useful if more BHP-ian start following it.

Idea!
Quote:
Its like if I'm planning for a trip to say Lavasa next week, I'll put a relevant message as my "signature". So whoever is planning to visit the same place may PM me if interested or may be just provide some tip/guide regarding route, food etc.
There are incidences, when some BHPians were at the same place, same time but did not recognize each other (well unavailability of Stickers is to blame here!). If they were aware about their plans in advanced, they could have. Please note that all I'm taking about is for people going on personal trips and not the Team-BHP meet-ups. For example me and SDP could have met at Kaas.

If the idea is worth spreading, please do it as and when convenient, by including it into the notification that we get from mods.
Old 10th October 2012, 17:21   #4769
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep11787 View Post
RSS subscription. Some of us are really hooked to google reader and it would be great to have all new updates.
Here you go

Quote:
At times search results show really old threads, how about an option to sort the results as per need ?
Use Advanced Search where you can set the time limit / sorting options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Can we have a travelogue subsection for International travels made by TBHPians. I have a reason, the travelogue is generally confused with Self driven travelogue. But there can be travel you make without a vehicle, especially in Foreign countries.
Our focus is primarily India. If & when there is a substantial amount of content on international travel, we'll consider. But as of today, international travelogues are far and few between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
I miss one small "Latest News" section in Team-BHP which will list the latest happenings in one liner or probably one liner with a link to small one para news.
Quote:
Just like news sites, where we list the topics many people have viewed for that day and topics having many comments / replies for that day.
Done. Will be added in a quarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Even the google search shows team bhp as https instead of http.
Sorted now. Thanks for pointing this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
There are incidences, when some BHPians were at the same place, same time but did not recognize each other (well unavailability of Stickers is to blame here!). If they were aware about their plans in advanced, they could have.
Interesting thought. Perhaps, one day, we could have a "Find BHPians in the Vicinity" add-on to the Team-BHP Smartphone Apps! Should be very simple to implement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
1. There are images in the thread, but the listing does not show the paper-clip icon.
2. The images in the first post of the thread do not have tbhp marking.
The BHPian had not uploaded pictures via the Team-BHP Attachment System. Corrected and member notified of the right way to share pictures on Team-BHP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
In the Classifieds section, the default tab is set to 'Featured Ads' and not 'Recently Added'.
We like the randomness of the "featured ads" tab. Plus, we'd prefer only cars & bikes to be there on the default classifieds home page (and not accessories, parts etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajpv87 View Post
I'm a newbie. I'd posted a reply in a thread, and after posting only I remembered that I'd forgot to add an important
If it's an important addition, simply report your post with the lines to be added and we'll take care of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
I installed KIS 2013 and i guess the problem is solved
Glad to hear.
Old 10th October 2012, 18:06   #4770
Distinguished - BHPian

SCAM?

Hi I got the following mail today in my inbox in connection with the classified add I have put up on the Forum for my Honda city. This looks like some kind of scam to me. So just posting it here to make sure none of the other members fall into this:

Quote:
Name: joysamuel
Email: joysamuel_21@ymail.com
Phone: 778765678

Hello
My name is Ms. joy samuel,i saw your profile today and became interested
in you,i will also like to know you the more,and if you do not mind i
will like you to send an email to my email address so i can give you
my picture for you to know whom i am.Here is my email
address(joysamuel_21@ymail.com ) believe we can move from here!I am
waiting for your mail to my email address above.(Remember the distance
or color does not matter even our age different because i have
something very IMPORTANT to tell you,but love matters allot in life"

please contact me here

Name: joy
E-mail:joysamuel_21@ymail.com
Mods please move to another thread if its inappropriate here. I am sure it merits a post in the jokes thread too .

Most Viewed