Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2012, 13:29   #4801
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I have quite a bit of association with names and the cars.
Eg architect has a palio, ss- traveller has a Scorpio.
Suddenly, I'd be left wondering.
Just saying.
And yeah, your username is pretty cool, buddy. Why the rush?
That's true, but like i said, just because it's allowed doesn't mean everyone will be rushing to change their username! I'm sure the really well-known members won't even think about it.

I joined this forum when i was 12 years old and picked this username..But now i think it's embarrassingly bad and just want to use my real first name
Old 28th October 2012, 18:28   #4802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

Cool idea! Let me see if i can cook up something.

Nowadays I am using this as my cover pic on facebook. Maybe it can help in deciding a design perspective.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-254583_278747048903726_1200209085_n.jpg
Old 29th October 2012, 00:22   #4803
BHPian

Re: New Maruti Alto 800. EDIT : CLEAR scoop pictures on Page 18 & 20 - Now Launched

Dear all, i was just finished my reply to this post and written a TD of the new alto 800 and when i wanted to preview the post, it just said login again and i was shocked to find out that i could not find one word that i had written . I did not know how to bring this issue to the notice of the moderators. Could somebody please help. Please don't flag me for this!! I searched the forum for a place to bring up an issue like this, but was unable to find one! Dear Mods, if please let me know where to move this post, other wise. Many thanks!
Old 1st November 2012, 03:11   #4804
BHPian

Getting these errors on multiple threads on the forum.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':' in /home/teambhp/public_html/forum/global.php(237) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/teambhp/public_html/forum/global.php(237) : eval()'d code:4) in /vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_url.php on line 550

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/teambhp/public_html/forum/global.php(237) : eval()'d code:4) in /vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_url.php on line 554
Old 1st November 2012, 03:35   #4805
Senior - BHPian

Similar errors as Gandhi, however this time it was really weird.

was logged in under different logins (usernames / handles)

teambhperrors.docx

Last edited by govigov : 1st November 2012 at 03:50.
Old 1st November 2012, 13:29   #4806
BHPian

Quote:
This happens because of Kaspersky + Chrome.
I've been having the same problem for the past few days now. I have not seen this problem on any other websites, including the t-bhpo classifieds section. But it has already been pointed out that this is seperate from the forum.

I have tried using chrome & IE as well, since I normally use Firefox. Yes, I have Kaspersky 2012, but the system says that it's up to date and therefore I am unable to upgrade to the 2013 version.

I really need help on this, as I am a regular t-bhp surfer and without photos, it's just not the same!
Old 2nd November 2012, 15:22   #4807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Just to reconfirm : Have you already tried removing and reinstalling the App? Thanks.
Hi GTO

Did remove the app and reinstall. Issue still persists. This is across 4.1.x. There seems to be more random crashes of the app but those happen just while changing pages of a thread and not consistent at that.

Thanks,
X
Old 2nd November 2012, 15:30   #4808
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Maybe it can help in deciding a design perspective.
Thanks. Will have a couple done soon. Are you a fan of Team-BHP's Facebook Page? We'll post there once these are ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Maanava View Post
Dear all, i was just finished my reply to this post and written a TD of the new alto 800 and when i wanted to preview the post, it just said login again and i was shocked to find out that i could not find one word that i had written
Oh oh, sorry about that Doc!

Its strange that you got logged out whilst replying. Was there a long delay between you typing and clicking preview? I've never heard of this happening before. It might have been due to some ongoing server work at the time. Not sure. Hopefully it shouldn't happen again.

In the unlikely case that it does happen again, maybe you could try the back button of your browser to recover your post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Getting these errors on multiple threads on the forum.
Some late-night server work was happening. We're all set now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Similar errors as Gandhi, however this time it was really weird...
As mentioned to Gandhi, this should be resolved now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
I have tried using chrome & IE as well, since I normally use Firefox. Yes, I have Kaspersky 2012, but the system says that it's up to date and therefore I am unable to upgrade to the 2013 version.
I'm a little unclear here. Are you saying you are also experiencing the "disappearing images" problem from Firefox and IE in addition to Chrome??

Thanks,
R

PS - To upgrade to the 2013 version, you'll need to download it from their website. (Do make note of your registration code, as you'll have to re-enter that).

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd November 2012 at 15:31.
Old 2nd November 2012, 16:12   #4809
BHPian

Quote:
I'm a little unclear here. Are you saying you are also experiencing the "disappearing images" problem from Firefox and IE in addition to Chrome??

Thanks,
R

PS - To upgrade to the 2013 version, you'll need to download it from their website. (Do make note of your registration code, as you'll have to re-enter that).
This is how the images look on my screen, all browsers.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-untitled.jpg

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-untitled2.jpg

Will try to download the 2013 trial version and register it to my 2012 key. Fingers crossed!
Old 2nd November 2012, 17:03   #4810
BHPian

It may have nothing to do with the browser but with a Flash or java update.
Old 2nd November 2012, 17:34   #4811
BHPian

Hi,

A humble suggestion - while going thru the members list, I noticed there are members who have been around for 4+ years but havent posted even once. Either these members dont log in anymore or they are on T-BHP only for reading. Is it possible to remove the inactive members/handles. The ones who are just reading would still be able to go thru the forums. This will free up some usernames/handles as well. (I myself had to use many options to get one which was not taken)

I have the set of T-BHP stickers and love to flaunt it. I also come across lots of fellow TBHPians on the road and more often than not, am unable to communicate/talk to them coz of the traffic. Mods, is it possible to have a sticker set with the handle/username? Maybe like the ones on racecars/rally vehicles. We could pay for a set of maybe 5 or 10 coz else ordering/printing 1 would be economically unviable. We could also display the same on a pre-specified location on our cars so that identifying the TBHP member becomes easy. (E.g the front side indicators on the fender or below the ORVMs or the rear quarter glass). I assume this would not be required by everyone but would be great if there is an option for the ones who want it. Getting it from TBHP would also maintain consistency in size and font of the label/sticker.
Old 2nd November 2012, 17:39   #4812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Will have a couple done soon. Are you a fan of Team-BHP's Facebook Page? We'll post there once these are ready.
Thank you sir. And yes I am a fan of team-BHP everywhere.
Eagerly waiting for my wish to be fulfilled.
Old 2nd November 2012, 18:46   #4813
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
This is how the images look on my screen, all browsers.
Whoa.

Okay, this is not the same problem that i had described earlier.

Are you facing this on all threads, or just the ones you re-visit.

Could you please clear the CACHE of your browser and try again?

(This doesn't look like a Kaspersky problem, but if you want to be sure, just disable KIS temporarily and see if it solves the problem).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift King View Post
Is it possible to remove the inactive members/handles.
Unfortunately not. The reasons have been mentioned a few times in this thread already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift King View Post
Mods, is it possible to have a sticker set with the handle/username?
There are some limitations here. To make financial sense, these stickers will have to be printed digitally (unlike our stickers which are screen-printed). This means that they will fade fairly quickly in the sun, etc. Add to that the logistics, which we aren't equipped to handle at the moment.

Maybe sometime in the future we will offer customizable Team-BHP merchandise. I have a few ideas myself and am keen to see it happen

cya
R
Old 2nd November 2012, 22:33   #4814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmadhok View Post
On your monthly sales figures and analysis, have you considered sharing the excel sheet with the numbers on by attaching it to your post. Other forum members have shown interest in doing their own addition (possibly historical) analysis. Will add another view point .
Any thoughts on my earlier suggestion?

and a new one..
I remember while registering the form also requires us to enter the cars that we already own. Would it be possible to have a feature which allows us to search users by the car they own or have owned in the past? I was considering buying a 2008 Skoda Laura and was looking for feedback from existing owners is when I thought this would have come in handy.
Old 2nd November 2012, 23:14   #4815
BHPian

If i create another account with a different username and e-mail address, can i have the posts from my old account transferred to the new one and the old one deleted?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks