Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2012, 23:33   #4816
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomUsername
If i create another account with a different username and e-mail address, can i have the posts from my old account transferred to the new one and the old one deleted?
You're persistent.

Well, but that amounts to the same thing as before, don't it?
Nose from front, or nose from around the ear?

Just saying. The mods may have a different take.
Old 3rd November 2012, 10:57   #4817
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Whoa.

Okay, this is not the same problem that i had described earlier.

Are you facing this on all threads, or just the ones you re-visit.

Could you please clear the CACHE of your browser and try again?

(This doesn't look like a Kaspersky problem, but if you want to be sure, just disable KIS temporarily and see if it solves the problem).
This happens no matter which thread I'm on, revisits or otherwise. Does not happen on the classifieds or member gallery pages. I have tried clearing my cache, infact I tend to do that on a regular basis anyway.

Wait a minute, I just tried disabling Kaspersky and presto, the photos loaded normally! So this is most definitely caused by the anti-virus program. Strange that it does not affect any other website.

Anyway, will try loading the 2013 version of Kaspersky. Let's see how that turns out. Cheers!
Old 3rd November 2012, 16:15   #4818
Team-BHP Support

Noticed something in the top posters’ list. In the first picture, it shows there are 16 posts from the highlighted member, in the past 24 hours. On clicking in, found that there are only 2 posts today, and the immediate post prior to that was 4 years back (refer to the second pic). Is this some kind of a discrepancy?
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-posterslist1.jpg  

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-posterslist2.jpg  

Old 3rd November 2012, 21:51   #4819
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Noticed something in the top posters’ list. In the first picture, it shows there are 16 posts from the highlighted member, in the past 24 hours. On clicking in, found that there are only 2 posts today, and the immediate post prior to that was 4 years back (refer to the second pic). Is this some kind of a discrepancy?
Most likely its because Sibu is still a newbie. His other 14 posts might be under review with the mods.
Old 4th November 2012, 15:48   #4820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder

Hi GTO

Did remove the app and reinstall. Issue still persists. This is across 4.1.x. There seems to be more random crashes of the app but those happen just while changing pages of a thread and not consistent at that.

Thanks,
X

Was able to successfully post a reply along with an image as attachment today using the app running on 4.1.1. As of last few days I am receiving notifications for each subscribed thread as well. Is this part of a recent update?
Old 5th November 2012, 11:12   #4821
BHPian

I am not sure about this post belong here, since its related to suggestions for TBHP, posting it here.

Am facing a weird issue on loading images from TBHP site for the past few days. Pictures are not loading fully, it stops in between as if its corrupted. Am not facing any issues with any other similar sites. I am using Mozilla Firefox as my default browser and tried other browsers like Opera, Chrome, IE but to no avail as all are having the same issue. I am able to browse the site perfectly from my Android phone.

Is there anything I've to do from my end or is it from TBHP site issue?

Attaching a copy of the screen shot.

Please advise me to correct this.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by sajjt : 5th November 2012 at 11:15.
Old 5th November 2012, 15:20   #4822
BHPian

Re: New Maruti Alto 800. EDIT : CLEAR scoop pictures on Page 18 & 20 - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Maanava View Post
Dear all, i was just finished my reply to this post and written a TD of the new alto 800 and when i wanted to preview the post, it just said login again and i was shocked to find out that i could not find one word that i had written . I did not know how to bring this issue to the notice of the moderators. Could somebody please help. Please don't flag me for this!! I searched the forum for a place to bring up an issue like this, but was unable to find one! Dear Mods, if please let me know where to move this post, other wise. Many thanks!
For writing any lengthier posts, I recommend you first write it up in a word document. Later, you can just copy / paste the content in the editor here and add emoticons where ever applicable.

Ever better than word, I highly recommend everyone to use Evernote. You can just write up anything you need in evernote and the data is saved on the cloud. You can also access it anywhere as long as you have an internet connection. If you have an android or iphone device, you can access the same content on your device.
Old 5th November 2012, 20:26   #4823
BHPian

Mods,
A special request from a newbie regarding post approval:

Fact 1: The average time interval for a newbie's post to be approved ranges anywhere from half an hour to one hour or even more during non-peak hours.

Conjecture 1: The post, when finally approved, gets the time stamp of NOT when it was approved, but when it was submitted.

Fact 2: The allowed time before which the submitted post may be modified is 30 minutes from above time stamp.

Now, when replying to a post in which a newbie has been quoted, a conflicting situation arises.

Case in point:
I was recently quoted in a thread, and obviously I got to know the fact that my post was approved only after the "You've been quoted" notification email appeared. So I immediately logged in and composed a reply (on the android app), and when I submitted it, found out that the next consecutive post also had me quoted. Now I wanted to reply to the 2nd member too, but couldn't obviously reply back to back as that would be an infraction, so decided to wait and edit my just-submitted post. But by the time the post got approved, the edit time of 30 minutes was up! So I was faced with a curious situation - do I post back to back or what? :frustrati
In the end I just ended up thanking the 2nd person and left it at that.

Is there any way around such a situation (I know such a case is rare, but still)? Its a strictly newbie related issue, and I understand that the approval time cannot come down, so is there any way to increase the allowed edit time? I know the solution to this may not help in the greater scheme of things, but it will at least help newbies in utilizing this forum better.

Please pardon my limited knowledge about how things are done around here, still learning the ropes! Hope this is the right place to submit this request! :-)

Thanks and regards,
Harshal.
Old 6th November 2012, 08:21   #4824
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Today morning, the site is behaving weird. Clicking on "User CP" and "New Posts" links was giving me different user-ids!

Clicked on "New posts" and got this:
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-incorrect-user.png

Clicked on "User CP" and got this:
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-incorrect-user-2.png

I was facing problem in login as well. Cleared the cache etc and the login issue went away. But the "User CP" and "New Posts" are still showing me jacksons and DKG as user.

Please have a look.
Old 6th November 2012, 08:25   #4825
Senior - BHPian

test - this is govigov

edit - forum says i am somebody else

Last edited by govigov : 6th November 2012 at 08:26.
Old 6th November 2012, 08:30   #4826
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Facing a weird login issue since early this morning. The same issue as described by @GOVIGOV in the last page.

Tried PM'ing you. Looks like my PM or Contact form doesn't work either.
Old 6th November 2012, 08:35   #4827
Senior - BHPian

This has to be the wierdest of things on TBHP. Whenever I open. eg any thread, I am logged in as the TBHP member, who has posted the last message on that thread. e.g. Here the last message was posted by "Warwithwheels" & now I am logged as "Warwithwheels" & not as "AutoIndian"
Old 6th November 2012, 08:50   #4828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
...now I am logged as "Warwithwheels" & not as "AutoIndian"
That's me

I have been facing the same issue since early this morning.

Deleted all browser data. Now the issue seems to be fixed!

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 6th November 2012 at 09:00.
Old 6th November 2012, 09:04   #4829
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
That's me

Deleted all browser data. Now the issue seems to be fixed!
After posting my message, I got this screen, where I am impersonating you!
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-incorrect-user-2.png

Don't worry. Except the incorrect user-name displayed, there was no other problem. e.g. I could not look at profile information or private messages.

Not that I was trying . I was just checking if it throws my profile information.
Old 6th November 2012, 09:09   #4830
Senior - BHPian

Same Login problem, me too! Finally seems to have settled down. I was on Chrome.

I cycled through Warwithwheels, DKG, SDP, Jacksons, Kamen_Rider, Harusadu.

Last edited by roy_libran : 6th November 2012 at 09:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks