Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2012, 09:24   #4831
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Really sorry guys. There was some server finetuning work going on, and one setting appeared to have messed things up. Our sincerest apologies.

Needless to say, the setting has been permanently switched off now.

@ SDP : Thanks for confirming that PMs etc weren't visible.

Last edited by GTO : 6th November 2012 at 09:33.
Old 6th November 2012, 13:40   #4832
Senior - BHPian

Sticky threads in Official New Car Reviews.

Not sure if this has been told before, but I reckon we could have a sticky section in the ONCR section for the latest two or three official reviews so that people don't miss them out in the pool of other hot cars and also not to get confused with other variants of the car which were already reviewed (eg. Fortuner AT, Brio AT etc).

Just a thought
Old 6th November 2012, 15:31   #4833
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
...the latest two or three official reviews so that people don't miss them out in the pool of other hot cars....
Hi Scorcher,

FYI: at the moment, if you click the "REVIEWS" button on the top navigation bar (assuming you're using BHP Black or BHP Silver), it will sort the threads in the NEWEST REVIEW FIRST order - regardless of which thread has been replied to most recently.

cya
R
Old 8th November 2012, 06:19   #4834
BHPian

Does anyone know how much time does it take to move a thread from Assembly line to an actual thread?

I appreciate all the work by moderators and the time they dedicate to this forum, but my thread is complete and has been sitting there for 2 days now, and i have already reported it twice, Just to make sure it wasn't missed.

Is there any other way to communicate this to mod's without spamming them?
Old 8th November 2012, 10:14   #4835
BHPian

Still facing the same issue with the photos not loading properly on t-bhp forums. And I can see that there are others like Sajjt who are also facing the same problem.

I did try disabling and even changing the Kaspersky anti-virus, but it does not seem to make any difference. It did work once when I tried disabling Kaspersky, but hasn't shown any change since.

Strangely enough I am yet to see a similar issue while browsing other sites. Mods, please take this up very seriously and provide a solution ASAP.

Many Thanks!
Old 8th November 2012, 10:19   #4836
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post
I appreciate all the work by moderators and the time they dedicate to this forum, but my thread is complete and has been sitting there for 2 days now, and i have already reported it twice, Just to make sure it wasn't missed.
It's best not to report the same post again. We usually get to the oldest Reported Posts first, and a bump will take your RP back to the new listings.

I've moved your thread out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshal.Bhosale View Post
Fact 1: The average time interval for a newbie's post to be approved ranges anywhere from half an hour to one hour or even more during non-peak hours.
30 - 60 minutes is pretty good, wouldn't you agree . We are continually trying to improve on the turnaround times.

You are a BHPian now, so it's no longer an issue (for you). Do note that the promotion to BHPian earlier used to come at the 50 post mark, now it's 1/2 that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Am facing a weird issue on loading images from TBHP site for the past few days.
Do you use Kaspersky? Try disabling it momentarily and checking. If the problem is solved that way, upgrade to Kaspersky 2013.

Quote:
of last few days I am receiving notifications for each subscribed thread as well
Just an update on this : We've disabled notifications for Android due to a bug. Only temporary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmadhok View Post
Would it be possible to have a feature which allows us to search users by the car they own or have owned in the past?
Click Here

Also, it's better to refer to ownership reports than PM members asking for feedback on a car. Information exchanged via PM helps one person; the same on a public thread helps thousands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Maanava View Post
Dear all, i was just finished my reply to this post and written a TD of the new alto 800 and when i wanted to preview the post, it just said login again and i was shocked to find out that i could not find one word that i had written
Aw shucks, sorry.

When you log in, ensure that the "remember me" checkbox is ticked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
I have marked in red circles below. No option to click, sometimes even refresh does not work which results in closing the current tab of team-bhp and again open it in new tab.
Appears to be an issue with your browser / computer as it loads fine here.
Old 8th November 2012, 10:48   #4837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Click Here

Also, it's better to refer to ownership reports than PM members asking for feedback on a car. Information exchanged via PM helps one person; the same on a public thread helps thousands.
Agreed.
One suggestion from before which I think I did not receive a response to - sharing the raw xls data on the monthly figures for other members to do further analysis.

Today while using the native BB OS7 browser I got the alert when you quoted me on this thread but decided to check later. When I view the private message the 'click here' in the private message did not seem to be hyperlinked. Is that expected?
Old 8th November 2012, 11:39   #4838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Just an update on this : We've disabled notifications for Android due to a bug. Only temporary.
Im still receiving notifications. The last one was received just last night.

Moreover the app is crashing randomly while browsing a thread. Not able to figure out the exact way to reproduce it.

With regard to the search functionality within a thread, I am not seeing a search option in the app. Is there a way to search only the entire thread using the app?
Old 8th November 2012, 12:58   #4839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Whoa.

Okay, this is not the same problem that i had described earlier.

Are you facing this on all threads, or just the ones you re-visit.

Could you please clear the CACHE of your browser and try again?

(This doesn't look like a Kaspersky problem, but if you want to be sure, just disable KIS temporarily and see if it solves the problem).
Its happening with firefox too. Disappears after diabling KIS, but its a pain to disable and re enable KIS everytime i want to logon to TBHP.
Old 8th November 2012, 13:38   #4840
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
One suggestion from before which I think I did not receive a response to - sharing the raw xls data on the monthly figures
Sorry but i don't think we'll be doing this.

Quote:
Today while using the native BB OS7 browser I got the alert when you quoted me on this thread but decided to check later. When I view the private message the 'click here' in the private message did not seem to be hyperlinked. Is that expected?
Sounds like your BB is not showing the "HTML" version of the email? Is there a "show html email" option anywhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
Im still receiving notifications. The last one was received just last night.
Are you on the latest version of the android app? Could you please continue these app specific posts in the relevant thread here. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
Is there a way to search only the entire thread using the app?
Nope, sorry this functionality doesn't exist in the app at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Disappears after diabling KIS, but its a pain to disable and re enable KIS everytime i want to logon to TBHP.
1) Does it look exactly like the screenshots coloneljasi has posted here (Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians)
2) Can you please tell us exactly what version of FF you are using? (Help > About Firefox)
3) Which operating system are you using (eg. Windows 7 64-bit)
4) If you upgrade your KIS to the 2013 version (from their website), it should solve the problem. You can use the same activation code.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th November 2012 at 13:47.
Old 8th November 2012, 13:45   #4841
BHPian

Quote:
Sounds like your BB is not showing the "HTML" version of the email? Is there a "show html email" option anywhere?
Apologies, pls ignore. On a side note: I meant I was looking at the 'Private Messages' in my *User CP*, and when opening a Private Message, the 'Click Here' in the private msg was not hyperlinked. All this being done on the browser. Tried it now, and seems to have worked fine. Possibly I was looking at the preview of the private message and did not open the msg specifically.
Old 8th November 2012, 13:51   #4842
BHPian

Quote:

1) Does it look exactly like the screenshots coloneljasi has posted here (Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians)
2) Can you please tell us exactly what version of FF you are using? (Help > About Firefox)
3) If you upgrade your KIS to the 2013 version (from their website), it should solve the problem. You can use the same activation code.

cya
R

I have attached the images from firefox. Surprisingly not all images get the same treatment.

Firefox version is 16.0.2
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-tbhp1.jpg  

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-tbhp2.jpg  

Old 9th November 2012, 14:18   #4843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Do you use Kaspersky? Try disabling it momentarily and checking. If the problem is solved that way, upgrade to Kaspersky 2013.
GTO, Thanks for the help

Yes I was using Kaspersky 2012 version and it worked when I suspend the service by pausing. The browser loaded the images flawlessly. But once I upgraded to 2013, things were not changed but made it worse like it wont let my browser to load the images even if I pause the service. I have to go back to 2012 to view the images. Its my fault to go for such a crap like Kaspersky, its hogging the CPU like anything and slowing down all process.

BTW, any suggestions for a less resource hungry AV solution?
Old 9th November 2012, 14:32   #4844
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
BTW, any suggestions for a less resource hungry AV solution?
Frankly there is no need to buy AV solutions on Windows. Just use Microsoft Security essentials.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/downl...s.aspx?id=5201
Old 9th November 2012, 14:39   #4845
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...But once I upgraded to 2013, things were not changed but made it worse like it wont let my browser to load the images even if I pause the service...
Try clearing your browser cache. These corrupt images might still be loading from your cache due to the previous visits.

If this still doesn't work - do post here again.

cya
R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks