Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2012, 15:31   #4891
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

1) Will it be encouraging for BHPians to have a one or two BHPian-of-the-month in a section in the forum main page, below the 'Today's Birthdays' section? The ones who have contributed to the forum maximum this month, of-course apart from the moderators? Also, may be, the most valuable contributor to the suggestions thread, decided by the moderators alone.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-bhpian.jpg

2) Won't the posts be less cluttered if we remove the thread title provided in brackets when we post URLs of a Team-BHP post?

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-url.jpg

3) This seems to have been asked before, but I think this is a bit different. Can we have 'Like' buttons instead of the 'Thanks' buttons in the sections like 'Shifting Gear'. The Likes need not add up to the Thanks or to anything. Can't this be easily implemented by bringing back the Thanks button to these sections, renaming it and not adding to the total count? Thanks and Like is such a hit in today's online world and we just need something to hit or press upon without commenting.

Last edited by thoma : 30th November 2012 at 15:36.
Old 30th November 2012, 15:47   #4892
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
2) Won't the posts be less cluttered if we remove the thread title provided in brackets when we post URLs of a Team-BHP post?
Work around for this for e.g;

I thought otherwise; polish, to take of the thinnest layer of paint would have to contain some abrasives. And here is one post that I came across searching the forum for Sonax Car Polish, which made me more apprehensive as a first time user of a polish.

All you have to do is post the POST NUMBER not the direct link in this way below.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-link-post.png

Name:  POST COUNT.png
Views: 503
Size:  7.1 KB
Old 30th November 2012, 16:01   #4893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Work around for this for e.g;

All you have to do is post the POST NUMBER not the direct link in this way below.
Wow, that was super quick and just what I wanted. Thanks Wildon! Will do that from next time.

I think we have to have a POST /POST button too in the editor sometime sooner
Old 3rd December 2012, 18:54   #4894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
:

You got it, sir ! We'll create a section with only the best, 5 star threads created by BHPians. You can also filter them by category (reviews, travelogues, technical stuff etc.). Sounds good? Thanks for the suggestion.

Sounds Brilliant GTO, I have a suggestion for the name of the section as well, we can call it The 5 star Club. More than anything this move will greatly increase our access to great articles people will now aspire to have their articles as a part of the 5 star club thus increasing our already rich compendium of quality and rich material. Thanks again.
Old 4th December 2012, 11:00   #4895
BHPian

Quote:
Searching via the embedded Google tool or our own internal search engine is best. With our current forum structure, it isn't possible to give each manufacturer a dedicated forum section.
I found using the 'Search' drop down with the 'Search Titles Only' checkbox suiting my needs the most. But my guess it that this is not driven by the google search. I tried something like 'car+new' to look for the new car prices thread. But instead the result was any thread that had either car or new in the title.
Old 8th December 2012, 13:57   #4896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari

Rajesh is in Chandigarh. Booked at Bhagat Ford
Mods: Is it possible to also show city on mobile avatar? This inconveniences lot if time. Thanks!
engrohit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2012, 15:48   #4897
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post
Does anyone know how much time does it take to move a thread from Assembly line to an actual thread?

I appreciate all the work by moderators and the time they dedicate to this forum, but my thread is complete and has been sitting there for 2 days now, and i have already reported it twice, Just to make sure it wasn't missed.

Is there any other way to communicate this to mod's without spamming them?
Quote:
It's best not to report the same post again. We usually get to the oldest Reported Posts first, and a bump will take your RP back to the new listings.
GTO, can we introduce something like a 'Go Live' button which might only be present inside Assembly line threads? Once the thread is complete, the composer can just choose (say, from a drop down menu like the forum-jump option) which section the new thread should go into (Travelogues / ownership reports / whatever), and click on the 'Go live' button.

This would free moderators from the hassle of moving threads from Assembly line for each and every new article. Why not pass the responsibility to the composers themselves?

Just a casual idea.

Last edited by KarthikK : 8th December 2012 at 15:51.
Old 8th December 2012, 19:07   #4898
Senior - BHPian

I would like to search pictures on TBHP. I have been unsuccessfully searching for an XUV 500 pic which was posted by one of our members and tweeted by Anand Mahindra too .

Any thoughts ?
Old 8th December 2012, 22:06   #4899
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150
I would like to search pictures on TBHP. I have been unsuccessfully searching for an XUV 500 pic which was posted by one of our members and tweeted by Anand Mahindra too .

Any thoughts ?
Suppose it would be easier to go through anand mahindra's tweets
Old 8th December 2012, 22:23   #4900
Team-BHP Support

Will reply to others soon, but for now a quick reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post

Any thoughts ?
Two options:

1) Go to: The Team-BHP Photo Gallery

and choose:
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-xuv-photogallery-capture.png

2) Use google image search thats part of our custom search
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-xuv-capture.png

cya
R
Old 10th December 2012, 06:20   #4901
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
Mods: Is it possible to also show city on mobile avatar? This inconveniences lot if time. Thanks!
I didn't quite get your question / suggestion. Could you please elaborate this a bit?
Old 10th December 2012, 07:28   #4902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre

I didn't quite get your question / suggestion. Could you please elaborate this a bit?
I guess he is asking about the location below the avtar pic along with the post count.
Old 10th December 2012, 09:15   #4903
Senior - BHPian

A lot of knowledge is being captured in the various threads, I was just going through the AC vents cleaning thread, where at least three different products were being discussed, and several other methods of cleaning the AC system were being discussed. The products, the processes and their outcomes need to be tabulated somewhere so that people can instantly know which works, or which doesn't.

Can there be a method where such a tabulation can be done from the members' posts? One easy way is to add a poll to the thread so members can vote for the products and their results. But this would be a very simple method.

A similar problem arises when searching for new cars. There are several reviews, the official as well as unofficial reviews, ownership threads and so on. But what would be great is a consolidated page where the criteria for rating a car are listed and each car's score captured against it. This score would be captured from the individuals posting either test drive reviews or ownership experiences. For e.g. if I were to write an ownership review of my Nano, I would mandatorily have to answer a set of questions. These questions could also cover the age/ownership period, so there would be a question set for the immediate ownership, another for 1 year ownership, another for 3 years, and yet another for post-warranty ownership. This would create a knowledge base which can be used much more effectively by prospective owners trying to narrow down their choices.
Old 10th December 2012, 20:53   #4904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt

I guess he is asking about the location below the avtar pic along with the post count.
That's right, sajjt. Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 18:28   #4905
Distinguished - BHPian

Any particular reason due to which a quoted post doesn't trigger a PM to me?

This post did not trigger a PM to me. There is no change in my user settings. Any guesses for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post

Any thoughts ?
I think it was of this guy's car. Check this thread.

Anyway as someone correctly mentioned searching @AM's tweets would be faster.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 12th December 2012 at 18:54. Reason: deleting duplicate post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks