Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2012, 20:42   #4906
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post

The products, the processes and their outcomes need to be tabulated somewhere so that people can instantly know which works, or which doesn't.

Can there be a method where such a tabulation can be done from the members' posts? One easy way is to add a poll to the thread so members can vote for the products and their results. But this would be a very simple method.

But what would be great is a consolidated page where the criteria for rating a car are listed and each car's score captured against it.

This would create a knowledge base which can be used much more effectively by prospective owners trying to narrow down their choices.
I totally second this suggestion. Many a times it is extremely difficult to find meaningful suggestions/recommendations/reviews as part of a thread that runs too long.

It also gets difficult to ensure accuracy, because many are IMHO comments or guesses that need not be true. A summary where all relevant/accurate information needs to be captured and presented for the end user.

The summary need not be a thread by itself, however can act as quick guides.

Drive Safe,
Andy
Old 13th December 2012, 16:10   #4907
Senior - BHPian

Can we have something similar to Help Desk of Autocar India here on Team-Bhp also, so that the fellow bhpians who have got Lemon (count me in) will get justice instead of visiting Consumer Forums?
EDIT:
Team-Bhp Support Team will help the customers in getting the issues with the Car/Dealer/ASC (as the case may be) resolved by contacting the manufacturer directly (if need arises) or getting proper compensation in lieu of that (issue cannot be resolved/rectified).

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 13th December 2012 at 16:21. Reason: Edited as specified in the post.
Old 14th December 2012, 10:48   #4908
Distinguished - BHPian

We currently have a search option at forum/sub-forum level and at a thread level.

It is possible to have a search option at our subscribed threads? A lot of us subscribe to threads that we feel might be useful in the near future or later. This feature might help us reduce our efforts in case we actually need to search later.
Old 18th December 2012, 22:15   #4909
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Feedback for the Store:
When you click the "Customer Service" Link on the Store page:
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-store.jpg

You get this page with a bunch of sections all with "Lorem Ipsum Dolor...." for content!
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-customer-service.jpg

Recently my order for a keychain set had some problem and wasn't delivered even after 15 days so I went to the store and was surprised to see this page. Of course, I did complain about my order via email but it took 2 emails to get a response back.
This makes me think that the Customer Service section is really important and needs to be updated quickly, preferably with a way to communicate on the page itself about shipments, etc - will go a long way in improving quality of the store experience.
Old 20th December 2012, 11:32   #4910
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq24 View Post
Sounds Brilliant GTO, I have a suggestion for the name of the section as well, we can call it The 5 star Club. More than anything this move will greatly increase our access to great articles people will now aspire to have their articles as a part of the 5 star club thus increasing our already rich compendium of quality and rich material. Thanks again.
Thanks to you! Rest assured, we'll name it appropriately. The categories will include (crème de la crème threads from) the Indian car scene, reviews, travelogues, supercars, vintage cars, technical stuff etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Feedback for the Store:
When you click the "Customer Service" Link on the Store page
Thanks for pointing this out. We'll do the needful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
It is possible to have a search option at our subscribed threads?
It will be too complex to implement for very few people actually using it. This is the first time such a suggestion has been made. Sorry. Best to use our standard forum / integrated google search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Can we have something similar to Help Desk of Autocar India here on Team-Bhp also, so that the fellow bhpians who have got Lemon (count me in) will get justice instead of visiting Consumer Forums?
Opening a thread on Team-BHP usually gets the attention of the manufacturer. Be sure that all auto manufacturers surf Team-BHP on a daily basis. A handful even have a dedicated person for the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Any particular reason due to which a quoted post doesn't trigger a PM to me?
He might have posted via our Mobile App. Unfortunately, that doesn't trigger the "you've been quoted" PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
The products, the processes and their outcomes need to be tabulated somewhere so that people can instantly know which works, or which doesn't.

Can there be a method where such a tabulation can be done from the members' posts?
Thank you! Our ADVICE articles are actually meant to be just that; concisely presented information on popular topics, compiled from member posts.

Tell you what : We'll create a Technical section and include all the popular remedies & solutions in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
GTO, can we introduce something like a 'Go Live' button which might only be present inside Assembly line threads?
We'd rather stick to the current system for a variety of software / logistical reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
Mods: Is it possible to also show city on mobile avatar? This inconveniences lot if time. Thanks!
What difference does a member's location make in a discussion? We are fans of clean, minimalistic layouts and want to avoid clutter, especially on smaller mobile screens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
1) Will it be encouraging for BHPians to have a one or two BHPian-of-the-month in a section in the forum main page, below the 'Today's Birthdays' section?
There's no BHPian of the month / year / decade on Team-BHP . We're all equally important contributing members.

Quote:
Won't the posts be less cluttered if we remove the thread title provided in brackets when we post URLs of a Team-BHP post?
Agreed. We actually disabled the title fetch from external urls. However, showing it on internal links does have some value (at the cost of a bit of clutter).

Quote:
This seems to have been asked before, but I think this is a bit different. Can we have 'Like' buttons instead of the 'Thanks' buttons in the sections like 'Shifting Gear'.
Similar in function & intention to the Thanks button. However, at this time, there are no plans to have a "like" button (which will only end up confusing end users).

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
This is regarding the new 2013 Team-BHP logo. I love it. I felt the old one was a bit cluttered. The new one is simple and very attractive.
Thank You!

Quote:
Isn't that tacho needle too much into the red, where the power and torque are both down and the engine is not as efficient as well.
All I can say is, we LOVE to redline! Our original logo has the needle at 6,000 rpm which we intentionally took higher. That was the first point on the brief to our designer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
m.team-bhp.com works really well!
Thanks. I'm quite a fan of our mobile skin too.

Quote:
IIRC, there was a post which I read some time back, which had this Team-BHP symbian app. I am talking about this one. I tried it, but it didn't work for some reason. I was not able to download it. Is something possible here?
That App was created by BHPian Thamban. You'll have to check with him.

I might add that it will not offer the "full" experience as it doesn't have direct access to our database (depending on the rss feed instead). I'm just hoping Nokia sees the light and moves to Android soon! Gosh, I'm such a fan of Nokia hardware...but love Android more.
Old 20th December 2012, 11:42   #4911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to you! Rest assured, we'll name it appropriately. The categories will include (crème de la crème threads from) the Indian car scene, reviews, travelogues, supercars, vintage cars, technical stuff etc.
Can't wait, Travelling will be so much better now and no waiting for articles to load over crappy mobile internet. Just load them and go. Magazine sales are going to suffer I tell you

Last edited by eq24 : 20th December 2012 at 12:03.
Old 21st December 2012, 09:45   #4912
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't know if this is posted here earlier, but I have a suggestion.
Can we have a duplicate of the navigation bars at the bottom of the page as well?
by navigation bars, I mean the strip containing user CP, Photo Gallery, Classifieds... and the bigger FORUM, PHOTOS, REVIEWS...

This will help reduce scrolling on the pages. I have tried to show in the picture below
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-untitled.jpg

Currently after reading a long post and after finishing the last post, if I have to go to the user cp, I have to scroll back the whole way up.
Old 21st December 2012, 12:04   #4913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Currently after reading a long post and after finishing the last post, if I have to go to the user cp, I have to scroll back the whole way up.

If we can have that, its well and good, but till then, you can use the "HOME" button on the keyboard, if browsing via a PC/Laptop. It gets you directly to the top of the page. At-least it does on my browser(opera).
Old 21st December 2012, 13:12   #4914
Senior - BHPian

Is there a way to toggle/change the "Thread Display mode" option just for the thread you are currently viewing?

My default setting is "Linear - Newest first" so that I can see the new posts for the regular threads I look at. If I come across a thread that I haven't read, I would like it to be sorted based on "Linear - Oldest first" till I finish reading that thread. If I change it in the options, it would affect other threads too. Any way to accomplish this without changing the default option at the profile level? Would be nice to have something like this near "View First Unread" or within the Thread Tools.

Also, the help link within Edit Options-> Thread Display mode section seems to be broken.
Old 21st December 2012, 15:59   #4915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi
Opening a thread on Team-BHP usually gets the attention of the manufacturer. Be sure that all auto manufacturers surf Team-BHP on a daily basis. A handful even have a dedicated person for the same.
If that is the case, why has not the After-Sales Service of Tata Motors Ltd. for that matter improved yet?
There are still many Fellow T-Bhpians (including yours truly) who keep posting their Bad Experiences they had at the Authorised Service Centre/Dealer.
Even we have emailed the link of the threads to the Customer Care/Higher Officials of the Car Manufacturer but in vain.
No Strict Action is taken against the ASC/Dealer.
(Only two smileys permitted.)
Old 21st December 2012, 23:03   #4916
Senior - BHPian

Of late, I have been facing a weir issue. The images don't properly. If there are 10 images, around 4-5 load, the rest of them dont. I am facing this when browsing through chrome. Haven't had any issues while using IE8. Anyone having similar issues?
Old 22nd December 2012, 08:49   #4917
Team-BHP Support

Sorry if this has been mentioned earlier (couldn't find anything on search), anyway here goes:

Scenario : I spot 2 erroneous posts, say in different sections or threads. I report post #1. Then, I go to post #2 and click the report icon. I get a message "The forum requires you to wait 30 seconds before reporting posts again". Fair enough.

Problem : 30 seconds elapse. I click on report again. The text box opens up. I type my reporting reason and click the 'Report/Submit' button. I get another error "The forum requires you to wait 90 seconds before reporting again".

Could we remove this glitch and make the timers more consistent with each other? Either the text box should come up only after 90 seconds (to coincide with the second timer), or else the second error shouldn't come up at all, after the text box opens up. Why have 2 timers and checks for the same thing?

Last edited by KarthikK : 22nd December 2012 at 08:54.
Old 22nd December 2012, 15:45   #4918
Senior - BHPian

Is there a way to exclude the Assembly Line section for the 'Last Post' column in the home page? If the last post is in someone's assembly line thread, Last post shows up as 'Private' for the entire 'Shifting Gears' section in the home page. It might be cleaner to get the last post details only for the public threads.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-tbhp.png

It is happening now, but should change once I submit this post
Old 23rd December 2012, 12:10   #4919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwolf9211 View Post
Today I updated Kaspersky from 2012 to 2013 version, and working very well without any issues which I had earlier.
Hi can u just let me know how u updated from 12 to 13? I have purchased Kaspersky'12 only recently and i am also facing the same problem,( all images are corrupted)
Old 23rd December 2012, 17:15   #4920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO

What difference does a member's location make in a discussion? We are fans of clean, minimalistic layouts and want to avoid clutter, especially on smaller mobile screens.
It makes a lot of difference as lots of times members make comments like, in my city or my dealer or saw an ad in xyz paper; not knowing which city they are in it becomes impossible to relate to the comment.

Most Viewed