Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2013, 13:20   #4966
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Sometimes, I face this weird issue : When I submit a post and subsequently edit it and try to 'save' the changes, it creates a second (duplicate) post for the whole updated post content . I've faced this twice or thrice already, but it is intermittent. Just for the record, I am using Mozilla Firefox and windows 7 on the desktop. Not quite sure how/why it happened, and it doesn't happen everytime so it is difficult for me to find out. Any leads on this issue, or has anyone else faced this earlier?
Ha ha..so this has happened not only to me. The other day, the same happened to me and I never knew a duplicate post existed until a moderator edited my post. I didn't notice the duplicate post mostly because the second post was created in a new page (I guess, because I never saw it, and the edited post was the last in the last page)!
Old 27th January 2013, 09:02   #4967
Senior - BHPian

Mods, I was getting some weird database connectivity errors today morning around 5-6. Was there any outage? Forum displayed a database error while Classifieds page what returning error information for the failed DB calls.

It would be good to hide/mask the debug information and display custom errors instead of displaying the error stack trace to all users which I feel could turn into security risks.
Old 27th January 2013, 09:48   #4968
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Zenren,

We'd scheduled db repair & optimisation tasks for Saturday night. This was pending since our move to the new server, and we usually keep maintenance work for Sunday a.m's!
Old 27th January 2013, 10:04   #4969
BHPian

Mods, you could add a word of caution in the 'posting etiquette' thread about being careful with the autocorrect feature of some mobile keyboard apps. Sometimes they return words different from the ones intended.
Old 27th January 2013, 10:22   #4970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Thats really strange. Are you noticing this only on a particular network (eg. office). And if so, does it also happen elsewhere (eg. home).
Hi Rehaan,

Sorry for replying late. I wasnt in town. I have not really had a chance to check on some other network. But yea it happens on my home network. Will check it on some other network and report back.
Anyways, today I logged on to tbhp and its still the same problem. But strangely, I can see the pictures in the 'Nissan Scala Automatic' thread. The images in other threads are still scrambled. Just thought I'd bring this to your notice. Thanks.
Old 29th January 2013, 10:25   #4971
MHG
BHPian

How to Disable team-BHP Subscription Email Alerts ?

I like the subscription feature, but until 2 weeks back, subscribed threads were visible in the user CP and nowhere else. All of a sudden my email inbox is getting spammed with links to all the threads I have subscribed to, and this happens weekly. Why did this start happening all of a sudden and is this a forum bug ?

Mods, I did not find a section equivalent to post this thread in, so please move to appropriate section if you feel it belongs elsewhere.
Old 29th January 2013, 11:18   #4972
Senior - BHPian

Re: How to Disable team-BHP Subscription Email Alerts ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHG View Post
All of a sudden my email inbox is getting spammed with links to all the threads I have subscribed to, and this happens weekly. Why did this start happening all of a sudden and is this a forum bug ?
Have you checked if your email notifications are turned off?

Go to User CP --> List Subscriptions (from the left hand pane)--> Choose appropriate settings

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-tbhp.png

Also when you post on a new thread, go to advanced menu and choose appropriate subscription settings.
Old 29th January 2013, 11:31   #4973
MHG
BHPian

Re: How to Disable team-BHP Subscription Email Alerts ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Have you checked if your email notifications are turned off?

Go to User CP --> List Subscriptions (from the left hand pane)--> Choose appropriate settings
Thanks for that. The funny thing is, till now the email notifications were turned off. They suddenly switched to weekly mode.

Quote:
Also when you post on a new thread, go to advanced menu and choose appropriate subscription settings.
Seems like even here, the default is no email notifications. Dunno how everything changed all of a sudden. Maybe a vBulletin update/upgrade/migration issue ?
Old 29th January 2013, 15:50   #4974
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest that an "Roadside emergency" thread be created and made sticky in a proper section of the forum. This can serve to those bhpians on the road when they are stranded on the road or when facing situations like this:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...s-evening.html
Old 29th January 2013, 16:46   #4975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
I would suggest that an "Roadside emergency" thread be created and made sticky in a proper section of the forum. This can serve to those bhpians on the road when they are stranded on the road or when facing situations like this:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...s-evening.html
Thats a good idea. I support this. If not much of a trouble, it can be placed city wise, that might be all the more helpful.
+1
Old 29th January 2013, 16:57   #4976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrman View Post
Hi Rehaan,

Sorry for replying late. I wasnt in town. I have not really had a chance to check on some other network. But yea it happens on my home network. Will check it on some other network and report back.
Anyways, today I logged on to tbhp and its still the same problem. But strangely, I can see the pictures in the 'Nissan Scala Automatic' thread. The images in other threads are still scrambled. Just thought I'd bring this to your notice. Thanks.
Hi Rehaan, I also have the same issue of scrambled images. It happens only on one of the laptops I have (Thinkpad X201). It is fine with HP and a netbook. Guess it has something to do with the graphics card-website links. I can see images on other websites on X201 with no issues whatsoever.
For the record, I use BSNL broadband at home. Since I can see it normally on another laptop, I think we can discount the service provider bit?
I thought it was just me

Last edited by 999 : 29th January 2013 at 17:03.
Old 30th January 2013, 10:14   #4977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Ha ha..so this has happened not only to me. The other day, the same happened to me and I never knew a duplicate post existed until a moderator edited my post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Sometimes, I face this weird issue : When I submit a post and subsequently edit it and try to 'save' the changes, it creates a second (duplicate) post for the whole updated post content
This is another instance of the same, I believe. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post3027801

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-dupe1.jpg
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-dupe2.jpg
Old 30th January 2013, 10:59   #4978
Senior - BHPian

How do I set an animated pic as my Avatar?
Old 30th January 2013, 11:20   #4979
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
How do I set an animated pic as my Avatar?
First, get an animated image that fits the size, or create one. Mine is a Samurai swinging the Katana (sword). Still, there are people who ask me whether I owned a Suzuki Samurai.

Last edited by Samurai : 30th January 2013 at 11:22.
Old 30th January 2013, 12:10   #4980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Mine is a Samurai swinging the Katana (sword). Still, there are people who ask me whether I owned a Suzuki Samurai.
that cracked me up!

btw, what is the max picture size for the avatar, animated or otherwise?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks