Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2013, 16:57   #5041
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

New skin is extremely looking good. But I feel being a part of community Comercial Vehicles section should also be given a piece of alert in the home page, apart from the listing in hot threads section.
Attachment 1051008

Last edited by Ashley2 : 14th February 2013 at 17:15.
Old 14th February 2013, 17:15   #5042
BHPian

Just wanted to point something out. I was going through the news section. When I open an article on the 2nd onwards and then hit the back button or the "return to index" button, it takes me back to the first page instead of the one I was on before opening an article. I'd prefer it going back to the same page. Please look into the issue.
Old 14th February 2013, 20:13   #5043
Team-BHP Support

With the arrival of refreshed Team-BHP, I moved from the Old Blue theme to BHP Silver. Just noticed a difference in behavior between the different themes – Silver and Blue.

With the Blue theme, if a thread is opened, the window header will show the thread name (pic 1), whereas in the Silver its showing as some post number (pic 2). Not sure if it was like this earlier, but I feel the thread name display should be ideal.

Pic 1
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-tbhp-blue-skin.jpg

Pic 2
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-tbhp-silver-skin.jpg
Old 16th February 2013, 06:26   #5044
BHPian

I have a quick suggestion to improve readability of the threads. Can we have something like a button "Show posts only by thread starter". This will help immensely especially in travelogue threads when one wants to read all posts by the initiator without having to scroll pages trying to skip comments by other readers. Will also help immensely in technical discussions. I Hope this is helpful.
Old 16th February 2013, 10:07   #5045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
Maybe, it was due to a newbie BHPian who quoted my post and the post is waiting for being approved.
Could this be changed to as when the post gets approved, I get a P.M.
It would be good to send the quoted alert only after the posts from Newbie are approved by a moderator. I got an alert 3 hours back but the post is still not reflecting in the thread and I've been checking the thread frequently to see if it has been approved as there is no other way for me to know when it appears.

Newbie replies/queries might be missed by most users due to this time lag. If you don't see it when you get the alert, chances are that you forget about it.
Old 16th February 2013, 20:53   #5046
BHPian

The spanking new homepage looks great! A point on the search facility during my normal usage
- when I use the search team-bhp which shows the google search results, clicking on the team-bhp logo takes me to the old homepage
Old 17th February 2013, 15:24   #5047
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
It would be nice if the links / related threads open in a new tab when clicked on
We're still fine-tuning this behaviour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithvi_seln View Post
If someone is thanking your post or quoting your handle do we get a message or a notification?
Check out the "You've been quoted" feature:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...en-quoted.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhalaipatti View Post
My two cents on the design of the page
Thanks for the inputs Mudhalaipatti, though we've chosen the current layout after going through many others for several reasons, so its unlikely to change for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
With the home page getting a revamp, it would be good if the stickers also get a revamp?
Will be done in due time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
How about adding some bike pics to the image rotation on the top-right hand corner of the site pages?
Noted. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumSunset View Post
I would like the home page style 'top' on every page, but as Rehaan says, this must be work in progress.
We'll be standardizing the Nav bar. As for other elements (latest news / threads, etc), we're evaluating some options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumSunset View Post
Another feature I would like to request, add the start date for the thread. Possibly next to the thread starter's name?
We've opted to keep the thread index as clean and clutter-free as possible, so the start date has been left off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
Apologies for not having replied earlier. My problem has indeed been resolved.
Great, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
...I feel being a part of community Comercial Vehicles section should also be given a piece of alert in the home page
Noted. We'll see if we can work that in somewhere. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
... I open an article on the 2nd onwards and then hit the back button or the "return to index" button, it takes me back to the first page instead of the one I was on before ..
This is due to the URL structure at the moment. Lets see if we can change this around a bit so as to work consistently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
whereas in the Silver its showing as some post number
This isn't how its happening for me. Do clear your cache / try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgupta View Post
Can we have something like a button "Show posts only by thread starter".
+
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
It would be good to send the quoted alert only after the posts from Newbie are approved by a moderator.
dgupta & zenren,

Thanks for these suggestions. They've been requested before a few time - but at the moment we're limited by our forum software. Perhaps we can incorporate them once we get around to doing a forum re-vamp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
when I use the search team-bhp which shows the google search results, clicking on the team-bhp logo takes me to the old homepage
Good catch! Thanks.

Cheers,
R
Old 17th February 2013, 15:46   #5048
Senior - BHPian

Mods,

Where is the login section in the revamped homepage? Had to get inside the Forum to see the section.
Old 17th February 2013, 15:53   #5049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Check out the "You've been quoted" feature:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...en-quoted.html
Rehaan, on this, do we get a notification PM when someone quotes our HANDLE only and not our post.
For eg, if I would like to mention a owner of a particular spotted vehicle in the sticker sighting thread, I just need to hyper-link the person's profile link and and post in a comment while that person gets a PM that his handle has been linked in a particular thread/post.

I have no idea if this is feasible with current setup, but might provide a good feature to have.

Thanks!

Quote:
Mods,

Where is the login section in the revamped homepage? Had to get inside the Forum to see the section.
There was no login section on the older homepage as well, you needed to get into the forum for it.
Is it possible to insert that onto the homepage?

Last edited by carzone : 17th February 2013 at 15:54. Reason: quoting an extra post
Old 17th February 2013, 16:04   #5050
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The login is only required for the forum (not the homepage) so its only seen on the forum to avoid confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
Rehaan, on this, do we get a notification PM when someone quotes our HANDLE only and not our post.
In that case, my reply to dgupta & zenren above would apply to this as well...

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th February 2013 at 16:05.
Old 18th February 2013, 12:24   #5051
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This isn't how its happening for me. Do clear your cache / try again.
Hi, tried after clearing the cache, but no change in behavior. But I suspect this could be due to the compatibility with the older version of IE. This is happening only with my office laptop, which is still on IE7. Works well on my home laptop. Thank you…!
Old 19th February 2013, 10:11   #5052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgupta View Post
I have a quick suggestion to improve readability of the threads. Can we have something like a button "Show posts only by thread starter". This will help immensely especially in travelogue threads when one wants to read all posts by the initiator without having to scroll pages trying to skip comments by other readers. Will also help immensely in technical discussions. I Hope this is helpful.
Quote:
dgupta & zenren,

Thanks for these suggestions. They've been requested before a few time - but at the moment we're limited by our forum software. Perhaps we can incorporate them once we get around to doing a forum re-vamp.
This is what was suggested earlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Of course you can! When viewing a forum, click on the number in the "Replies" column. This will open up a new window, with a list of those who have commented in the thread. Simply click on the post count next to the thread starter's name and you'll see a list of his posts only.

But i had reservations

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
But in that case it would display as a search result, with all the latest posts first.

Lets say i was reading a long term review, or a Yeti travelogue which has been written in multiple posts, with comments from other BHPians in between. It would be useful if we could read all posts by the thread starter in continuity, and in chronological order.
Old 21st February 2013, 22:13   #5053
Senior - BHPian

Something seems to be wrong in the profile page for the BHP-Silver skin. Posts and Thanks sections seems to be rendered with White text on white background. Screenshot below:

Name:  profile.png
Views: 337
Size:  6.6 KB

Even frames and buttons seem to be rendered weirdly everywhere. Sample screen while posting:

Name:  buttons.png
Views: 310
Size:  13.6 KB

Last edited by zenren : 21st February 2013 at 22:15.
Old 21st February 2013, 22:37   #5054
Senior - BHPian

Re: Happy 9th Birthday Team-BHP! An All-New Look, Home Page, News, Sections & more

The forum in new look isn't loading properly, Please fix the issue, Quite a few elements are not showing up properly.
Old 21st February 2013, 22:43   #5055
Senior - BHPian

Re: Happy 9th Birthday Team-BHP! An All-New Look, Home Page, News, Sections & more

The attachment are not showing properly , please check the attached image.
The page where you upload attachments is also not loading up properly .
Just noticed that the attachment shows up fine if i change quick style chooser to red.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by Schoudhury : 21st February 2013 at 22:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks