Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2013, 12:43   #5131
Team-BHP Support

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Surprised to see that the "Last edited by" is omitted by some posts.
This happens if you edit and save the post within the same minute (as per timestamp) - if I'm not mistaken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
That's meant to be: it is a window to allow correction of typos. I think it is 30 seconds --- but it takes me longer than 30 seconds to proofread most posts.
You have up to 30 minutes to make any changes to your posts once submitted

cya
R
Old 20th March 2013, 21:08   #5132
Distinguished - BHPian

Rehan, 30 minutes is the total edit window, 30 seconds the window in which you get to edit without the last-edited line? right?
Old 20th March 2013, 23:29   #5133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Blue and Red are no longer being developed as skins. In fact, we removed them entirely - but due to a lot of requests, brought them back. We suggest you try BHP Silver for a week - you'll probably get used to it and switch. >98% of users use BHP Silver and BHP Black, so we're going to have to make all changes with those users in mind (and can't really support blue/red much anymore).

FYI: Clicking the logo on blue now takes you to the main homepage (from where you can go to classifieds).
I am sorry, but the Blue scheme was/is way better looking on the eyes than the black/silver. In fact after a tiring day at office, I can hardly make out the difference between the silver and black, specially as the edges of the screen remain black no matter which skin. I may be in the 2% minority, but right now I think honestly the silver and black skins suck. Sorry to put it across so bluntly :(
Old 21st March 2013, 00:04   #5134
BHPian

Better quality key chains. Ordered a set of 3. The first one off the packet and the team bhp logo falls off. Sort of put me off trying the other two keychains. Waste of 300 rs.
Old 21st March 2013, 00:20   #5135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, we did say that the Blue & Red skins will not get the same treatment as the others now.
They've become legacy skins, since <5% of viewers use them.
I am part of that legacy, cannot change to these bright and heavy skins.

Quote:
Blue and Red are no longer being developed as skins. In fact, we removed them entirely - but due to a lot of requests, brought them back. We suggest you try BHP Silver for a week - you'll probably get used to it and switch. >98% of users use BHP Silver and BHP Black, so we're going to have to make all changes with those users in mind (and can't really support blue/red much anymore).
Tried many many times and gave up Rehaan, looks good for too short a time for the forum where there is a lot of reading. The 2% thank you for letting them be. Thanks.
Old 21st March 2013, 11:31   #5136
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, Kaspersky did fix the issue! Strange that you're facing it again. Could you please tell me:

1) What version of Kaspersky are you using (2012 / 2013 // KIS / PURE, etc)
2) Kaspersky window > Support (bottom left) > Application Version ??
Happening again

1) Kaspersky Anti Virus 2013

2) Application Version 13.0.1.4190 (f)

Windows 7 Home 64 bit
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-tbhp.jpg  

Old 21st March 2013, 12:58   #5137
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Rehan, 30 minutes is the total edit window, 30 seconds the window in which you get to edit without the last-edited line? right?
Hi Thad,

You might be right here -- i haven't tested the "no edit by-line" window. I just always assumed it would be if its within the same time-stamp minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
I am sorry, but the Blue scheme was/is way better looking on the eyes than the black/silver.
Different strokes for different folks! ...and we've left em there for guys like you who prefer them.

However, the huge majority use Silver, and so we need to move forward giving those preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej View Post
Better quality key chains. Ordered a set of 3. The first one off the packet and the team bhp logo falls off. Sort of put me off trying the other two keychains. Waste of 300 rs.
Sorry to hear this! It isn't normal at all. Once, I have come across a very strange keychain that just fell apart (this is the exact opposite of all the others, which can take a lot of abuse / bending / twisting / stretching and still return back to normal).

Please check the other two, and then reply to the order email you received. Do include pictures of the bad keychain if possible. This will be taken care of for sure (and your money wont be wasted ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Happening again

1) Kaspersky Anti Virus 2013
OH NO!!!

Will look into this soon! Thanks for reporting.

cya
R
Old 22nd March 2013, 01:27   #5138
Senior - BHPian

The biggest problem with the silver and black skins is it's too hard on the eyes, as compared to the blue one. I feel the blue one should have been left on. But I guess being a minority I shall have to adapt. :(

Btw, I too had ordered a set of keychains and mine is still good, though I don't really abuse them.
Old 23rd March 2013, 10:56   #5139
Senior - BHPian

Another suggestion: After I rate a thread, a message pops up saying my vote has been registered. I have to click OK on this message to get rid of it. Can this message be replaced with an on-screen indication so that my browsing experience can continue without disruption?
Old 23rd March 2013, 16:58   #5140
BHPian

Could we enlist Team-BHPians belonging to a certain geographic location, such as a city? It would be great if there was such a feature, but if it is already there, then please guide me through it.

Keep revvin'
S@ndy
Old 23rd March 2013, 19:41   #5141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@ndy View Post
Could we enlist Team-BHPians belonging to a certain geographic location, such as a city? It would be great if there was such a feature, but if it is already there, then please guide me through it.

Keep revvin'
S@ndy
That reminds me: In the Android app, the location of the member is not shown below the member ID. Can that be added, please?
Old 24th March 2013, 17:46   #5142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@ndy View Post

Keep revvin'
S@ndy
Go here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/list/

Click on 'search members' -> 'advanced search', enter city name. You will get a list of BHPians belonging to that city.
Old 26th March 2013, 19:13   #5143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
That reminds me: In the Android app, the location of the member is not shown below the member ID. Can that be added, please?
I asked for that earlier in the app thread, so here is another vote for this missing feature.
Old 28th March 2013, 19:11   #5144
BHPian

We have an app for iOS & Android. I think its time for having a Windows 7.x/8 Mobile App as well. I understand that the user base is less - however, now with new Lumia range - its growing. Hoping to see an app soon for Windows as well.

@ mods, I am not sure this is the correct place to request this, please move it to the appropriate section if required.
Old 4th April 2013, 08:23   #5145
BHPian

When I view an unread thread from the android app I can see it being marked as read. But when I open the User CP on my PC, it still shows up unread. Am I the only one facing this problem?

Most Viewed