Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2013, 08:13   #5191
Team-BHP Support

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

I see some members with "Infractions : 0/1(9)", but I don't see any (single) infraction with a 9-point denomination on the Infractions listing page (within Announcements). Does this mean it is a repeat offense which entailed 9 points instead of the previous value?? Or something new has been added to the offenses list, in which case the moderators need to edit and add this missing denomination, mentioning what it stands for.
Old 27th April 2013, 19:14   #5192
BHPian

Can't understand what's wrong. I'm getting such a layout on all threads only. Rest all pages seem to load fine. Using Google Chrome.
Oh the Manage Attachments window is also not loading properly. Using the black skin.
I tried silver skin and it worked fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-tbhp.jpg  

Old 29th April 2013, 12:42   #5193
BHPian

MODS, I'm sure you'll must have got these suggestions in the past, but here's it again:-

1 - I would be glad,if we could have "Official Comparison Tests". For Eg - Ertiga vs Enjoy or Fortuner vs Pajero Sport etc. I think it will help a lot of people who are at the crossroads to choose the better!!

2 - Just came back from the Mumbai meet!! That's when I realized, I cant "Thank" the posts where the members have posted the pics of the meet. Why so? Any specific reason? Or is it a problem from my end? I guess we should get a chance to Thank all the members who took the pains to take pics,when all others were relaxing!!

Regards,
Varun
Old 29th April 2013, 14:42   #5194
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post
Hehe! Can I request for a section. or opening up the gadgets section for posting of cycle ads as well.
Will consider this. I think it makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I see some members with "Infractions : 0/1(9)", but I don't see any (single) infraction with a 9-point denomination on the Infractions listing page (within Announcements).
Moderators can enter a custom number of points, which is sometimes done in the case of repeat offenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Can't understand what's wrong. I'm getting such a layout on all threads only.
Hi SW, it looks like the cached CSS file is corrupt on your system. You can fix it by hitting refresh a bunch of times (or try CTRL+F5). Or if that doesn't work, restart your browser / clear your cache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
1 - I would be glad,if we could have "Official Comparison Tests".
Much requested, and noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
2 - Just came back from the Mumbai meet!! That's when I realized, I cant "Thank" the posts where the members have posted the pics of the meet. Why so?
The thanks functionality has been disabled in the "Shifting Gears" section since quite a while. (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...ml#post2716370)

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th April 2013 at 14:43.
Old 29th April 2013, 23:41   #5195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hi SW, it looks like the cached CSS file is corrupt on your system. You can fix it by hitting refresh a bunch of times (or try CTRL+F5). Or if that doesn't work, restart your browser / clear your cache.
Ah thanks! Just emptied my cache and logged in again. Works fine now
Old 30th April 2013, 17:18   #5196
Distinguished - BHPian

How do I stop getting email notifications for all the threads that I have viewed/subscribed to? I have made the change to "No email notifications" under options but still find my Email inbox filled with mails telling me about the threads. How do I unsubscribe from this?
Old 30th April 2013, 18:27   #5197
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I get weekly email alerts for all the threads that I'm subscribed to. Every Monday, I would get loads of emails so I went to settings and changed it to no notifications. Problem is, even after doing it 2-3 times, I'm still getting the weekly notifications through mail. How to stop it permanently?
Hi BoneCollector,

I think what you were changing earlier was the "Default subscription mode" (ie. for new threads that you subscribe to since the change).

See below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
How do I stop getting email notifications for all the threads that I have viewed/subscribed to? I have made the change to "No email notifications" under options but still find my Email inbox filled with mails telling me about the threads. How do I unsubscribe from this?
Go to the "List Subscriptions" page via UserCP:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/subscr...ewsubscription

Select the threads that you want to change the subscription method for, and then choose the desired option from the dropdown:

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot-20130430182301.png

cya
R
Old 30th April 2013, 18:36   #5198
BHPian

In the merchandise section please bring out T shirts, caps and backpacks.
Old 30th April 2013, 21:28   #5199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hi BoneCollector,

I think what you were changing earlier was the "Default subscription mode" (ie. for new threads that you subscribe to since the change).

See below...

Go to the "List Subscriptions" page via UserCP:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/subscr...ewsubscription

Select the threads that you want to change the subscription method for, and then choose the desired option from the dropdown:

Attachment 1079370

cya
R
Thanks a lot. I managed to do it this way last saturday but nevertheless, you were bang on!
Old 6th May 2013, 11:07   #5200
Senior - BHPian

Hey Gurus/Admins,

I am not quite sure if this had already been prompted or suggested, but was contemplating it from a while now. I have been to some BHP meets in the last 3yrs of my association with this wonderful forum and I have always wondered how easy it was if we could find a way to recognize our members.
More importantly, "Remember" them after the initial hand shakes & greetings.

So Mods, I was thinking if we could have :

1. TBHP Shirts with just the "Member's Handle" in the front & their "First Name" at the back. Member can actually place an order for this, which ensures these are 'Designed to Order' kind of stuffs.

2. Have some TBHP stickers customized for members, which are again 'Designed to Order'.
For Ex - I would have "Team BHP" in big font & below "Driven by Vik0728".

Based on your expertise, you can also ensure that you enable this option of customization only after a member has completed a certain number of posts (may be 50 or 100).
Old 7th May 2013, 21:37   #5201
BHPian

I was thinking if it is possible to design a sticker with the 'got bhp?' inverted, like ambulances are stickered on the their front sides. Would look intimidating in the rvm of the car ahead.

Of the stickers available right now, none of them is worth putting in the front of the car because they are anyways difficult to read by the car ahead of you(a bhpian at times!). Just my thought, and I promise to be the first one to buy that inverted 'got bhp?' and flaunt it on my cars.

edit: maybe a mirror image is a better word than inverted. God I am confused but I hope a Mod gets my point.

Last edited by 599gto : 7th May 2013 at 21:40.
Old 8th May 2013, 16:21   #5202
Senior - BHPian

Can we have a - Did you vote in the elections thread.

Discussing about the elections and your experience in voting (of course staying away from being politically inclined)

Since didnt see any such thread where I could post the latest Karnataka poll results
Old 8th May 2013, 17:01   #5203
Team-BHP Support

Separating election from politics will be very difficult. Therefore, such a thread won't be allowed under the current rules.
Old 9th May 2013, 20:42   #5204
BHPian

Judging by the post where a gentleman's wife was harassed by goons in bangalore a few months ago, i think a "DISTRESS" thread would be quite helpful where members can post in an emergency to get help from BHPians in their city. It might help a lot, hope to see it soon!
Old 9th May 2013, 22:35   #5205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjun18 View Post
Judging by the post where a gentleman's wife was harassed by goons in bangalore a few months ago, i think a "DISTRESS" thread would be quite helpful where members can post in an emergency to get help from BHPians in their city. It might help a lot, hope to see it soon!
I second that.
Plus, can we have some SMS facility, obviously without disclosing the number of the user for such emergency situations.

I know a BHPian resides in the area and don't have the contact number, I can use this SMS facility to make a contact.
This would be working on the feature that a member has registered his number on the forum but is not displayed. Just like we have the E-mail facility. I hope you get the point.
Would like to add one more thing here, that the BHPian must have a choice of timings for recieving SMSes so that no one might disturb un-necessarily.

I agree this idea is not fool-proof, but if something like this can be thought of. It can be extremly helpful in the times of distress/breakdowns and many more.

I don't know the feasiblity and the technical details that are involved, but atleast the idea popped up in the mind.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks