Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2013, 14:09   #5206
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Not sure if this has already been suggested yet, Can the threads go into a freeze state if there is no action for a certain period (say 1 month)? It should not mean that the thread is locked permanently. Users should be able to post replies on it, but with moderator approvals. So, any further posts on the thread (after is it is in a frozen state), will be queued up for approval. If found meaningful, it can be approved so that the thread becomes active again.

PS: This prevents old threads from being brought up the in list with unwanted comments or repetitive comments without adding any value.
Old 14th May 2013, 15:51   #5207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
+

Hi Guys,
Are you still facing this issue?

Thanks,
R
Rehaan, i noticed that this is not limited to Chrome + KIS, i noticed it while browsing on a tablet too.

Here is the attached image
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-img_00000202.png  

Old 23rd May 2013, 02:22   #5208
Senior - BHPian

Can the search be improved? I was looking for the ecosport thread and was not sure if the title was "eco sport" or "ecosport" so i decided to just search for eco. (under search > quick search) well the search did not turn up anything related to ecosport. turns out the title was "EcoSport" and you had to key in "ecosport" and not just "eco" to get the results.

Again, while searching for this thread, i searched for "suggestion" and the title had "suggestions" with an s in it, which did not bring the required result.

can this be fixed, the work around is to use google custom search

Last edited by govigov : 23rd May 2013 at 02:23.
Old 24th May 2013, 15:41   #5209
BHPian

How about having designated logins given out to manufacturers, like the official TBHP-Maruti, TBHP-Ford, etc the respective company spokesmen?

We are a very respected forum for them, and they are also co-operating with us with sales data, test drives, etc. If we give a login would it give them a voice in the forum?

In the other hand, it may hamper the neutrality of the forum, if they become too vocal / active, w.r.t. to others or get into propaganda mode (the second can be moderated though). Even otherwise, we would have to ensure that standard replies are filtered out and the messages meet TBHP standards in quality, content and preciseness.

Would be tough thing and am not able to say we should / should not have it!
Old 29th May 2013, 15:42   #5210
BHPian

Error while browsing Team-BHP using Google Chrome

I have been using Google Chrome for ages and Team-BHP looked perfectly alright till today noon.

However, today around 1400 hrs, the pages started behaving erratically. None of the forum listing load completely even individual threads not loading with some gibberish characters are being shown. Please refer to the screenshot below.

I tried getting into the generated page source too, but it too contained gibberish characters. Is everything fine with Team-BHP and the application running behind it?

P.S.: Apologies if this is not the right section, but I did a search and couldn't find any such thread. The only thread was about some DB error in this section itself and closed. This can be moved to appropriate section please.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-tbhp_error.png  

Last edited by Nonstop-driver : 29th May 2013 at 15:45. Reason: added comments
Old 29th May 2013, 15:46   #5211
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Error while browsing Team-BHP using Google Chrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
However, today around 1400 hrs, the pages started behaving erratically. None of the forum listing load completely even individual threads not loading with some gibberish characters are being shown. Please refer to the screenshot below.
Thanks for reporting.

Server's been misfiring since noon today. We're in the midst of resolving this problem.
Old 29th May 2013, 19:25   #5212
Senior - BHPian

Re: Error while browsing Team-BHP using Google Chrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks for reporting.

Server's been misfiring since noon today. We're in the midst of resolving this problem.
Anything with the pictures too? Not all of them, but some are scrambled at the bottom.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-scrmbld.jpg

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-scrmbld1.jpg
Old 29th May 2013, 19:41   #5213
BHPian

I've been getting this weird error since today.

I have to refresh 2 - 3 times for the page to load properly. Is this because of the server issue?

Browser is Firefox 21.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-scshot.jpg
Old 29th May 2013, 23:04   #5214
Distinguished - BHPian

Even the Android app is giving error message on few occasions. I tried on my laptop and there were issues of pages not loading up. I hope we have not been attacked and hacked by some automobile company which has been at the forum's receiving end.
Old 29th May 2013, 23:16   #5215
BHPian

Even I am also facing the same problem. Pictures appear scrambled, weird text appears out of nowhere and page does not load completely.
Old 29th May 2013, 23:33   #5216
BHPian

The android app is showing errors, I had to refresh certain pages even thrice to load. Worst case, once the app crashed. Hope the servers are fine.
Old 29th May 2013, 23:54   #5217
BHPian

Today was a bad day with the website on the desktop, the app seems to be behaving now..
Old 30th May 2013, 01:13   #5218
Distinguished - BHPian

Still getting the error illustrated in #5124.
Old 30th May 2013, 01:15   #5219
BHPian

Why not add 'comments' in the news section? You could have it moderated in case the reason of not having it is the automated spam comments.
Old 30th May 2013, 11:00   #5220
Senior - BHPian

I am also issues while accessing Team BHP from yesterday. Many a times, reloading the page helps, but not always.
In some threads, I am not able to load the last page - the browser goes on and on, and in some cases, I get the 'Page cannot be displayed (HTTP 500)' error.
For eg, I am not able to load this URL - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...deals-234.html , but I can load all the other pages from the same thread.

Most Viewed