Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2013, 11:32   #5296
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Guys
Not sure if this has been posted earlier. I did check the thread but dint see it. Can we have a specific Team BHP signal. Helps especially when spotting, being spotted or wanting to be spotted. If someone has spotted me from the rear, there is no way i know why they are flashing their headlights or parking lights. It can become a cult signal that one can use anywhere then.
Old 4th July 2013, 14:23   #5297
BHPian

Mods, pls introduce team-bhp app for windows phone 8

Mods,

Since team-bhp app is already available in android and iOS, why not introduce one for the 3rd largest platform - Win 8?

I recently shifted to a Win 8 phone and I miss the app I used to have in android.

Since the platform is growing, a no. of Bhpians are bound to migrate to the same. Please condider making an app which will work on both the Win8 mobiles and tablets.

Last edited by itsgeox : 4th July 2013 at 14:24. Reason: spelling
Old 5th July 2013, 09:21   #5298
BHPian

Bought a windows pone few days ago and I really miss the TBHP app.
Old 5th July 2013, 12:38   #5299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

We will try to include a bike-specific sticker in our next round of sticker designs, as it has been requested a lot!
Any updates on the bike friendly stickers ? Would love to decorate my bike with some team bhp stickers.
Old 8th July 2013, 11:03   #5300
Senior - BHPian

1)

This is not exactly a suggestion or a request. It is for me to know what exactly are the right directions.

Quote:
The "Thank You" Feature of Team-BHP: Do note that the Thank You feature has been removed from the "Shifting Gears" Forum. This is in line with our policy where posts made in the "Shifting Gears" section don't add to your overall post count.
Quote:
Team-BHP Rules: Spamming is considered as a very serious offense on Team-BHP. It includes one-line replies which have no relevance or do not contribute to the thread in any way.
Since the Thank You button is not available in the Shifting Gears section and since posts do not count to the total number of posts in the section, is one-line thanks statements allowed in that section? I have refrained from thanking a lot of auto and non-auto images. At the same time, I agree that a lot of one liner thanks can clutter the thread. What could be a work around?

2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
There's no BHPian of the month / year / decade on Team-BHP . We're all equally important contributing members.
It is not necessary to reply to this part of this post, as I fully understand and comply with your view. I just remembered that I forgot to express the intention behind my original suggestion.

I did not intend to add a distinction among BHPians, but to encourage discussing more about T-BHP when BHPians meet, plus encourage more posts (not that we have any dearth of posts). Apart, we already have the 'Top Posters List'. And monthly means, the label is not likely to be held solo for a long time.

It was all about additional encouragement; but I realize that additional encouragement is not at all necessary on a forum in such form, thanks to everyone, specially the mods.
Old 8th July 2013, 13:43   #5301
BHPian

Distress Signal Platform
Hi All
Though i use the team-bhp app, one functionality which i miss is the ability to reach out quickly and easily in times of need e.g. when i am stranded in an unknown area.

To be more clear, the details & suggestions are as follows
Objective - Ability to reach out to team-bhpians across the state / country

Options
  1. Leverage twitter to create state specific twitter handles and one for the country
  2. Build functionality into our existing team-bhp app to broadcast a message, with the exact coordinates so nearby team-bhpians can respond.
Regards
Ronald
Old 8th July 2013, 20:15   #5302
BHPian

I have three points:
1) Can we have an option to view only the pics and description in a particular thread for e.g. if its a review thread then only the pics should be visible.

2) I have a smartphone with 3G connection. But still it's very difficult for pics to load. Is this network related or something else.

3) Please bring out T-shirts, caps and backpacks as merchandise.

Thanks.
Old 9th July 2013, 16:30   #5303
Distinguished - BHPian

It would be nice if there are re-visits of old cars. Means an official review of the cars after being on road for a while so as to know if the car still delivers what they promised when they were launched. This will enable us to focus on the strong points, reliability and the failing parts/ areas of a car that has seen much of the road. Will be very helpful to the used car buyers too.
I understand that it can mean a lot of work on the part of moderators, but just floating an idea, to discuss if it looks viable to them.

Regards,
Saket
Old 9th July 2013, 16:37   #5304
BHPian

I am facing with a wierd issue.

I get a message from Administrator saying ' You have been quoted', but when I click on the link, it just takes to me to the last page and I see that I was not quoted at all. This has happened thrice since yesterday.
Old 9th July 2013, 16:45   #5305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
I have three points:

3) Please bring out T-shirts, caps and backpacks as merchandise.
If this is in the pipe-line, please have this only for the members.

Last edited by Technocrat : 9th July 2013 at 22:11. Reason: Fixed Quotes
Old 9th July 2013, 17:20   #5306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
I am facing with a wierd issue.

I get a message from Administrator saying ' You have been quoted', but when I click on the link, it just takes to me to the last page and I see that I was not quoted at all. This has happened thrice since yesterday.
Actually you have BEEN quoted. The issue you are facing is because a newbie is quoting you. As we know that the posts from a newbie has to be approved by the moderators to appear in the forum, so it takes its time; but you get the message immediately once the newbie quotes you. Check the links again and I am sure that you had been surely quoted

Regards,
Saket
Old 9th July 2013, 18:49   #5307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
I have three points:
1) Can we have an option to view only the pics and description in a particular thread for e.g. if its a review thread then only the pics should be visible.
For the time being, workaround -
- Click on the paperclip displayed against a thread - You will see a list of all the pics that have been added to that thread OR
- Browse the gallery - search with the make/model.
Quote:
2) I have a smartphone with 3G connection. But still it's very difficult for pics to load. Is this network related or something else.
Launch TBHP app > settings > Attachement quality > Change to Tiny(320) or Low(640).
Old 9th July 2013, 19:00   #5308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Actually you have BEEN quoted. The issue you are facing is because a newbie is quoting you. As we know that the posts from a newbie has to be approved by the moderators to appear in the forum, so it takes its time; but you get the message immediately once the newbie quotes you. Check the links again and I am sure that you had been surely quoted

Regards,
Saket
Thanks for the explanation saket
The guy quoting me in indeed a newbie
Old 10th July 2013, 12:49   #5309
Distinguished - BHPian

If any reader thanked your post, it will show up through the view profile> show all posts thanked by others.
But this will only show up with post that has been thanked for the first time. If any older posts are thanked, if they come up to the top (currently they don't do), it will be helpful to know by the OP that which of the old posts has been thanked.
Old 10th July 2013, 18:48   #5310
BHPian

@GTO,

Where is the old Supercars and Impots: Chennai thread? It's missing.
Go to the section and there is no thread like that. Only a new thread by BraveArc is there. Please do the needful.

Cheers,

Achyuth.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks