Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2013, 15:14   #5311
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

ok, i go to Search under http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/, sear for All routes to Kerala and i get this:

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-tbhp_search.png
Old 12th July 2013, 15:28   #5312
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
ok, i go to Search under http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/, sear for All routes to Kerala and i get this:

Attachment 1109522
I think that's expected behaviour h4wk saar. The minimum word length check is needed because 'to' will be subset of bigger words and is itself a very common occurrence, so the results will be flooded by tons of false entries. Try 'All routes Kerala' or even 'routes Kerala', this should give the proper results.
Old 16th July 2013, 05:01   #5313
BHPian

Did we change the way Youtube links behave in our forum threads ? I am seeing weird behaviour on this thread posted by me.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post3179726
Old 16th July 2013, 07:06   #5314
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post
Did we change the way Youtube links behave in our forum threads ? I am seeing weird behaviour on this thread posted by me.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post3179726
I have corrected the link for the video embed.
You had included the 's' in https from the link.

This article explains the same :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...our-posts.html
Old 16th July 2013, 08:06   #5315
BHPian

^^ Thanks ben. Wish i had paid more attention . But i think once upon a time we did have Youtube tags around. I maybe wrong.
Old 16th July 2013, 12:00   #5316
BHPian

Just a thought: How about a separate section for Manufacturer announcements (e.g like the Ford Ecosport Diesel recall).

This way all recalls would be tracked at one place and would be easier to find for all users at any point who may want to check if their car falls in the recall. Also it may also give voice to manufacturers and they may want to post the recalls/announcements of camps in that section.
Old 17th July 2013, 22:58   #5317
BHPian

Mods, don't we have an option of Milti-quote on the Team-BHP mobile skin. That is, m.teambhp.com.
I was using it recently but could not find the option. There were only (Reply) and (!!) options. The latter being for reporting a post.

If I am missing something, please let me know.

Thanks.
Old 21st July 2013, 23:16   #5318
BHPian

Dear Moderators,

Sir(s),

I have a suggestion and also require your help.

Suggestion:
1) When I usually subscribe to a thread, I have the option to notify any activity of the thread as like whether I want it daily or on a weekly basis etc. Is it possible to add another option of 'notifying only when logged in'. Sometimes I don't want to know anything about the threads activity until I specifically log in. For eg. the exquisitely detailed Leh, ladakh, zanskar thread by tsk sir. I would like a notification only when I log in. Is it possible?

2) As carzone already pointed out, there is no option to multiquote in the mobile app.

3) The task of multi-quoting is a bit too tedious, what with 1st clicking on the quote+ buttons and then deleting quote contents of each and every quote so that the thread doesn't get big enough for the mobile users. I have seen on other forums (especially medical ones, where some posts are huge) where I can select the line which I want to quote and then an option comes up right besides the cursor (saying the word 'quote'). This way it becomes a lot easier and user friendly for members and even respected moderators. Only the lines which I selected are quoted subsequently. I hope I am able to explain it correctly.

I hope I am not asking too much, because otherwise, this site is by far superbly organized. I apologize if I asked too much.

Help:
I have 2 threads in the assembly line. Both are finished:

1) 1st one is an ownership report. Once I finished it, I got a message from respected GTO sir, pointing out some errors. I have since duly rectified the errors, and then reported the post twice, requesting to move it into the ownership section. It's since then lying in the assembly section. Have I not made sufficient corrections?

2) The second thread is intended to be put up in the Street experiences section. I have already completed it, but before moving it to public, I have 2 doubts (it's regarding a clarification whether 2 points are breaking the forum rules or not). I have already put up my doubts in the log at the end, and have also reported the post requesting clarification for the same. I have not yet been given a clarification. Can somebody help me out, since the thread is otherwise ready to be moved into the public forum?

Thanking you,

Simple_car
Old 21st July 2013, 23:38   #5319
Senior - BHPian

@Simple_car: for your second suggestion - multi-quote reply is available in the app. Here's how you do it:
1. Tap on the band that comes with the OP's post
2. You'll get a checkbox on the extreme left. Check that. You'll notice that the colour of the band changes to gray.
3. Select the next post you want to quote and do steps 1 and 2.
4. Now when you click on the thread option button on the top right, you'll get a Multi-quote reply option.

The images below should help.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-image562210199.jpg

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-image3482640217.jpg

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-image3975807893.jpg
Old 24th July 2013, 22:14   #5320
Senior - BHPian

Having a hard time getting through to the forum right now. Lot of time outs.
Old 24th July 2013, 22:40   #5321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Having a hard time getting through to the forum right now. Lot of time outs.
Exactly, facing this issue from last couple of hours. Now its better but still its slow.
Old 26th July 2013, 00:20   #5322
Senior - BHPian

Please add the below smiley

Name:  wave.gif
Views: 274
Size:  859 Bytes
Old 28th July 2013, 15:20   #5323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07
If the A class review in the latest issue of Top Gear India is to be believed, the petrol one is actually a fabulous sporty machine. It says that though the petrol A class is 122 BHP, it feels like 140 on the road. That would make the petrol one a hot hatch!
Dear tats07 sir,

I think its best to take this review with a pinch of salt. Why?
Simple, it depends on 2 things:
1) the reviewer's experience
2) the magazine's tendency to keep the company happy.
I generally never form an opinion on how fast/slow the car is or how the engine is based on any review, even team-bhp's. What I do look for is the engine character. Like whether it has low end grunt or good midrange etc.
The final decision on whether I like the car's engine is based only on my test drive.

Thanks,
Simple_car

Absolutely! I make semi-commercial videos (namely car reviews...but more from the POV of an enthusiast). But sometimes, there is a very strong urge to keep the manufacturer happy. This is solely because of the fact that some of the senior marketing guys in Automotive companies are well..lets say..'khadoos' or 'sakari' in their approach towards new entrants in the industry. If you upset one manufacturer, expect them to not provide you with a test vehicle in the near future. And that is bad.

That being said, I'm quite lucky to be surrounded with people who encourage me to just go with the flow and tell the story like it is.

PS: I am a bit lost (coming back to TeamBHP after a very long hiatus), but can someone point out where can I start a new thread for a car review that hasn't been reviewed yet). For eg. I had access to a particular car - say BMW M5.. I would like to contribute to a review - only there isn't one. Where can I call upon other BHPians to collaborate and create an official review?

Last edited by noopster : 25th August 2013 at 12:38. Reason: Moved your post to Suggestions thread
Old 29th July 2013, 20:13   #5324
BHPian

Guys please try to make the emoticons visible in the mobile app. It looks very weird when it just shows the words.
Also, the mobile app needs to have the ability to add emoticons. I can't for my life remember the exact words for the emoticons.

P.S How can I ask for a birth date change? I filled the contact form on the Administrator's signature, and didn't get any reply. Then, I emailed GTo, but again no reply.
Old 30th July 2013, 00:25   #5325
BHPian

Can we have a separate place holder for International ( Test Drives & Initial Reports) OR a sub section in International Automotive Scene.

So many people being out of India, would like to share their experiences with our community back home. I feel that the threads posted do get lost.

For Eg. I saw the Tesla original thread after a long time of its initial posting. I wish I would have seen it earlier. I had a chance to see a Tesla at my local place, but did not get a chance to talk to the owner. Had i seen that thread earlier with tbhp quality/detail, I sure would have had a few questions myself.

Most Viewed