Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2014, 01:44   #5476
BANNED

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

A newbie should get a notification that a particular thread started by him/her has been rejected.
Old 22nd January 2014, 03:43   #5477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The downside: those sig lines telling us that the post was sent from tapatalk. Who cares! (see my sig ).

I guess it is a default, and I guess it is configurable except a lot of people don't bother. Please, people, bother. Tell us something interesting, or amusing, in your sigs!
Testing this. I'd expect it to honour signature set on the website, rather than the app.

Edit: I was right. I don't see a different signature when I post from the app. May be it will use the signature from app when user doesn't have any signature set already.

Last edited by Gandhi : 22nd January 2014 at 03:45.
Old 22nd January 2014, 04:19   #5478
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Rehaan, we can't seem to upload .txt attachments. It returns this error:

Attachment 1192977

Please check if we can include .txt into the list of attachments we can upload into BHP servers. Thanks!
txt is not a valid format for attachments.
You may try rtf if you want to upload a text document.
Old 22nd January 2014, 12:14   #5479
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Can we consider enabling Tapatalk access?
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelex View Post
Have any steps been taken for implementing tapatalk?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Have you considered tapatalk for mobile app support?
Released for Android! The iPhone's updated App should also be available shortly (already submitted for approval to iTunes).

As it's just rolled out, there are some tweaks pending to make it perfect. We'll be taking care of these over the coming days.
Old 22nd January 2014, 12:17   #5480
BHPian

I am not able to get messages when someone quotes me in a thread . What could be the reason ? I clear my inbox and sent items regularly .
Old 22nd January 2014, 12:58   #5481
BHPian

Can we have a Chat section here? I know many forums have an online chat section, which is very helpful for quick turnaround for some questions.
Old 22nd January 2014, 13:19   #5482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
I know many forums have an online chat section, which is very helpful for quick turnaround for some questions.
Just curious, whom do you expect to answer your questions via this chat mode? Mods? I think they are better qualified and have better things to do than to become full-time call center attendants!

Or, are you expecting some folks to be hired by TBHP to respond to chat section requests?

One of the reasons I love this forum is because there are no robots here who follow a checklist/process and leaves their brain at home.
Old 22nd January 2014, 14:03   #5483
BHPian

Why don't you add a map section in the website? There are many members who ask for directions and maps in the various threads. It will be good if there is a section where members can add maps to locations they have visited.
Google has "create map" feature which can be used to create such maps and shared within this section. Or maps to some frequently requested destination can already be uploaded which can act as a ready reckoner.
The maps can have markers (members can update them) like break points, food malls, places of interests, crucial road safety indicators, road side restaurants etc. I believe it will be a great feature to have in this forum.
What do you think??
Old 22nd January 2014, 14:22   #5484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Just curious, whom do you expect to answer your questions via this chat mode? Mods? I think they are better qualified and have better things to do than to become full-time call center attendants!

Or, are you expecting some folks to be hired by TBHP to respond to chat section requests?
I do not think you even understand what I meant. Have you checked forums where there is a chat section in there, please do.

A chat section is a free field to talk about anything and everything. It is not 'manned' by a call center. TBHP has not hired anyone to give advice on Cars or anything, now do they? Same's with the chat. It is not a 1 to 1 chat, but in essence many to many. Like the old Yahoo mass chat rooms (as an example).
Answering your question: No every forum member is free to answer anything or everything - you do not need to post it in a thread for simple stuff. Even a question like, "how is the traffic at XYZ place", someone there can be logged on and might be able to answer.

Hope this clears it.
Old 22nd January 2014, 15:57   #5485
BHPian

Downloaded the new app this morning and been playing around with it since.

Massive, massive improvement over the old app, both in terms of smoothness/performance and looks.

I would like if you could implement pull to refresh instead of a refresh button on the top right of the screen.

The attachment adding is still a bit crude and can be improved.

Some of the emoticons still don't show up as emoticons.

Also, adding transparent nav and status bars for KitKat devices would be pretty awesome.

The custom signature still does not work, so you might as well remove the option from the settings screen.

Overall, a great improvement, but I would love it if the above mentioned things can be implemented.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-1390386160159.jpg  

Last edited by nipcarlover : 22nd January 2014 at 16:00.
Old 22nd January 2014, 17:57   #5486
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Testing this. I'd expect it to honour signature set on the website, rather than the app.

Edit: I was right. I don't see a different signature when I post from the app. May be it will use the signature from app when user doesn't have any signature set already.
Thanks... It's just a small thing that annoys me. Just a personal thing...
Old 22nd January 2014, 22:36   #5487
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
I am not able to get messages when someone quotes me in a thread . What could be the reason ? I clear my inbox and sent items regularly .
In your User CP, go to Edit Options, scroll down & check whether the Receive a PM when Quoted option is set to Yes.

If it is set to No, then set it to Yes, scroll all the way down & press Save Changes.
Old 22nd January 2014, 23:11   #5488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
In your User CP, go to Edit Options, scroll down & check whether the Receive a PM when Quoted option is set to Yes.

If it is set to No, then set it to Yes, scroll all the way down & press Save Changes.
The radio button is set to yes. I just received the message when you quoted me. Thanks .
Old 23rd January 2014, 03:53   #5489
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the new app guys, its much better and way smoother than the old app.
Facing just one issue, earlier in the old app, if i went into Indian car scene, it used to show me last post of all threads there but now it shows the first post and is very inconvenient, when i open the thread then it takes me to the last post. Is it a bug or am missing some setting in there, tried fiddling but couldnt get through. Mine is android 4.4.
Old 23rd January 2014, 11:31   #5490
Senior - BHPian

Just noticed something strange.

The "View My Garage" link on the left seems to disappear after I edit and save a post!

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-garage.png

BTW,
When can we expect a Windows Phone app?

Last edited by zenren : 23rd January 2014 at 11:38. Reason: Editing

Most Viewed