Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2014, 10:06   #5611
Distinguished - BHPian

Mods, is there a way to add tbhp to Tapatalk app? I have it for a few other forums and would be very useful to have all the forums listed under a single app. Since the new app is powered by Tapatalk I was wondering if its possible.
Old 4th June 2014, 04:28   #5612
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP moving to E2E Networks. EDIT: Done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Was trying to locate Mod Navin's ownership report of the camry. Googled his name using the in-forum search box located on the top RHS of the page.

Clicking on the very first search result took me to a database error page. Replaced the search with "GTO" and still the first result took me to an error page.

Attaching the screen shots for your perusal. Am not sure if this is a recent issue post the migration.

Attachment 1240164

Attachment 1240165

I know it has been mentioned before, but the "search" box on top right side of page still does not function.

The other search function on the tab (between "New Posts" and "Quick Links") seems to do the job though.

Last edited by vulcanize : 4th June 2014 at 04:31. Reason: Quote
Old 4th June 2014, 09:51   #5613
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcanize View Post
I know it has been mentioned before, but the "search" box on top right side of page still does not function.
Could you explain what you mean by "does not function".

Thanks,
R
Old 4th June 2014, 10:14   #5614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Could you explain what you mean by "does not function".

Thanks,
R
Just an example - I searched for Porsche and got info about Hero Karizma etc. Could have been a one off case perhaps and thought the function was not fine tuned.
Old 4th June 2014, 10:26   #5615
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcanize View Post
Just an example - I searched for Porsche and got info about Hero Karizma etc. Could have been a one off case perhaps and thought the function was not fine tuned.
I ran the same search and everything i see on the first page is Porsche specific.

Either way, the search results are powered by Google, so there's really not much we can do to change them in this case.

cya
R
Old 4th June 2014, 11:20   #5616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
I ran the same search and everything i see on the first page is Porsche specific.

Either way, the search results are powered by Google, so there's really not much we can do to change them in this case.

cya
R
I get the following page with no matter the query subject - have attached a screen shot picture
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-team_bhp.jpg  

Last edited by vulcanize : 4th June 2014 at 11:23. Reason: Edited picture - Screen shot had IP address showing
Old 4th June 2014, 11:50   #5617
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Here is a suggestion. May sounds ridiculous but as a forum in the automobile Industry and the amount of problems that consumers face my suggestion is that we should have a way to address the problems of our members with car manufacturer's and also be a guiding force to the automobile industry thus becoming synonym for being the leader in interacting with the automobile industry. This may mean many hours of work and it could be a paid subscription format but long term the forum can be a voice to be heard by the decision making govt. bodies in urban ministry, traffic planning and also various other authorities.

So we can have a means to talk to each manufacturer and be able to escalate and resolve problems faced by members!

Second we can make suggestions through this forum to improve cars viz each manufacturer

Third as a collective force we can interact with govt. agencies and get our suggestions implemented through Govt agencies be it Auto permits, Cabs, Traffic norms, tinted films, highways and state highways!

As I always believe we are part of a society and it is our duty as citizens to help improve our society in whichever way possible.
Old 5th June 2014, 08:19   #5618
Senior - BHPian

Hi Mods, In the interest of safety I want to put forward a small suggestion. We have a thread on "http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/151266-dont-they-love-their-partners-pillion-riders-safety.html" (Pillion rider safety) so in this same thread kindly permit us to have the concerns and suggestions raised by our members on "Co-passenger safety as well". I thought of this idea after coming across a recent high profile mishap.

Thanks.
Old 5th June 2014, 08:26   #5619
Senior - BHPian

Wish i can get the 'view from the driver's seat' photo added to each official test drive report; this is owing to visibility concerns in cars such as Ecosport.
Old 5th June 2014, 09:32   #5620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Wish i can get the 'view from the driver's seat' photo added to each official test drive report; this is owing to visibility concerns in cars such as Ecosport.
Good idea, though the height of the driver for which the photo is taken should be mentioned as well. A 6-footer might still have an excellent view in a car where a 5'8" would struggle.
Old 5th June 2014, 10:10   #5621

Hello,

I have a small suggestion. Don't know if it has been posted before. If it has been then kindly ignore this.

I feel that some medals should be added here on TeamBHP. Medals can be given to members who are really helpful. I know there is distinguished bhpian group but medals if implemented will be a really nice addon. Members who are contributing and are helping the community but does not fulfil distinguished bhpian criteria can be awarded medals. Like if a person is an expert in 4x4, off-roading then he can be given an award accordingly. Suggesting because I have seen that on other forums and they seem to encourage members to make HQ posts to achieve an award.

Thank you
Old 5th June 2014, 14:07   #5622
BHPian

i have exactly the same issue as @Vulcanize in post #5616 above. The Google Search button always shows me the same exact screen vulcanize has attached.

Cheers
Old 5th June 2014, 14:30   #5623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praveer View Post
Hello,

I have a small suggestion. Don't know if it has been posted before. If it has been then kindly ignore this.

I feel that some medals should be added here on TeamBHP. Medals can be given to members who are really helpful. I know there is distinguished bhpian group but medals if implemented will be a really nice addon. Members who are contributing and are helping the community but does not fulfil distinguished bhpian criteria can be awarded medals. Like if a person is an expert in 4x4, off-roading then he can be given an award accordingly. Suggesting because I have seen that on other forums and they seem to encourage members to make HQ posts to achieve an award.

Thank you
Isn't the "Thanks" button doing exactly that at a more continuous scale?
Old 5th June 2014, 14:40   #5624

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Isn't the "Thanks" button doing exactly that at a more continuous scale?
No they aren't same. I meant award/medal. Thanks for a post. Award/medal will mean a recognistion to that person in the topic in which he excels. Hope I am clear as to what I am trying to tell.

Thanks
Old 5th June 2014, 17:48   #5625
Senior - BHPian

Is this an official Team Bhp channel? If no, it would be better to have one soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-tbhp.jpg  

Most Viewed