Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2014, 20:08   #5626
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

We do have Team Bhp classified for cars or the give away thread.

How about a 'selling ' thread in Team Bhp?

For example if some one is being transferred from one city to other he might sell off other things apart from his cars too! So if a Bhpian can sell it to another Bhpain in a good price it will be a win win situation for both! So how about creating a thread where one can post what ever he wants to sell off starting from household things to gadgets. Even if some one is looking to buy anything second hand he can post about his need. Or if a Team Bhpian is into a business and he is giving some nice offer he can post it there too. It will be more like a advertisement thread where one can sell second hand things or he can advertise his own business too. All these under one thread can help many.

Why should Team Bhpians always depend on Olx or quickerr! Just a thought which came to my mind. I searched such kind of a thread but couldn't find one.

Last edited by Samba : 5th June 2014 at 20:11.
Old 6th June 2014, 06:31   #5627

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
We do have Team Bhp classified for cars or the give away thread.

How about a 'selling ' thread in Team Bhp?

For example if some one is being transferred from one city to other he might sell off other things apart from his cars too! So if a Bhpian can sell it to another Bhpain in a good price it will be a win win situation for both! So how about creating a thread where one can post what ever he wants to sell off starting from household things to gadgets. Even if some one is looking to buy anything second hand he can post about his need. Or if a Team Bhpian is into a business and he is giving some nice offer he can post it there too. It will be more like a advertisement thread where one can sell second hand things or he can advertise his own business too. All these under one thread can help many.

Why should Team Bhpians always depend on Olx or quickerr! Just a thought which came to my mind. I searched such kind of a thread but couldn't find one.
Well, marketing is against the rules of the community. Hence advertising related threads are not allowed. And if someone wants to sell anything if he/she is getting transferred then there are appropriate sections in the classifieds that one can use to list the item for sale.

Having both a thread and classifieds section for the purpose of selling will be too much of a hassle for the management of this community. Classifieds section is more that sufficient IMHO.

Also creating a thread here will create more problems as people will start threads complaining about the deal not going smooth or the product purchased from a member over here is not up to the mark. Hence it will be too much of a hassle.

Thank you
Old 6th June 2014, 11:29   #5628
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praveer View Post
Well, marketing is against the rules of the community. Hence advertising related threads are not allowed. And if someone wants to sell anything if he/she is getting transferred then there are appropriate sections in the classifieds that one can use to list the item for sale.

Having both a thread and classifieds section for the purpose of selling will be too much of a hassle for the management of this community. Classifieds section is more that sufficient IMHO.

Also creating a thread here will create more problems as people will start threads complaining about the deal not going smooth or the product purchased from a member over here is not up to the mark. Hence it will be too much of a hassle.

Thank you
Well that's the reason i have not created the thread. Its just a suggestion to our moderators. The classified thread deals with cars, bikes, gadgets and automobile accessories that's the reason i told about this thread.

Plus definitely the forum wont be responsible for the deals. It will be between two persons or rather two bhpains. For example if any one buys a car from the classified section and he faces trouble with that car generally none started a thread complaining on that.

I just thought in this way many members can get benefited in both ways in terms of buying and selling.

Just a thought from my side. It may be applicable or it may not be applicable. No harm in sharing my thought.
Old 6th June 2014, 11:42   #5629

Quote:
Well that's the reason i have not created the thread. Its just a suggestion to our moderators. The classified thread deals with cars, bikes, gadgets and automobile accessories that's the reason i told about this thread.

Plus definitely the forum wont be responsible for the deals. It will be between two persons or rather two bhpains. For example if any one buys a car from the classified section and he faces trouble with that car generally none started a thread complaining on that.

I just thought in this way many members can get benefited in both ways in terms of buying and selling.

Just a thought from my side. It may be applicable or it may not be applicable. No harm in sharing my thought.
Of course no harm. I just wrote what I felt because I am a member of many communities and they often allow "selling" threads in their forums and a lot of people start new threads complaining about the community member whine they dealt with. Hence I felt that a separate thread would cause problems.

But yeah let's see what the management of TBHP have to say about this

Regards
Praveer
Old 6th June 2014, 13:01   #5630
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is correct.

Quote:
Well...we *are* an automotive website after all! There are enough and more e-commerce sites and marketplaces where you can sell other articles. We even have an Online Shopping Thread where several of our members narrate their own experiences that you can refer.

Last edited by noopster : 6th June 2014 at 13:42. Reason: Added linky
Old 9th June 2014, 11:55   #5631
Team-BHP Support

Errrm Rehaan, the http/https issue has resurfaced. The images posted in line wouldn’t load. Like this:

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-err.jpg

That is because the image has the address starting with www and not https://.

What can be done? This has started from today morn. Is this an issue from my end? Using Google Chrome (version 31.0.1650.63 m). Tried some workarounds but no go. Please help!
Old 9th June 2014, 14:22   #5632
BHPian

Hi Mods,

not a suggestion, but wanted to share what I just noticed.

few min back I was online (logged-in) and I got a notification message windows "..being quoted". Immediately from the Inbox I tried opening the corresponding thread, but I couldn't see the post yet. Tried refreshing few times but still cant see that new quoted post.

I assume that notification triggered asap when post was done in the system, but in reality the display of post in that thread takes few minutes; some database writing activity being done in background. Is that correct ?

the post in question is http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3451295

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-inbox.jpg

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-post.jpg

about the timings: I received the notification at 13.43 (almost same as my pc clock), and after multiple refresh I could actually see the post at ~14.00; whereas the time-stamp on notification and post were both same as 13.43 ! delay of 6-7 minutes in post display.

maybe this is one-off occasion, and not everytime delay ?

EDIT: infact when I post, immediately I can see that post. and delay maybe because the quoted post was by a "Newbie".

again, its just an instant observation, and may not be really serious within systems !

regards,
Pranav

Last edited by pcpranav : 9th June 2014 at 14:25.
Old 9th June 2014, 14:29   #5633
BHPian

It would be really great if Team BHP had a "Car of the Year" award and other such awards like best driver's car, best bang for buck, best rear seats, best A.S.S ....etc.

Would be really helpful in making our decisions. All the major magazines already have such awards. I think Team BHP should have one too.
Old 9th June 2014, 19:19   #5634
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Hi Mods,

not a suggestion, but wanted to share what I just noticed.

few min back I was online (logged-in) and I got a notification message windows "..being quoted". Immediately from the Inbox I tried opening the corresponding thread, but I couldn't see the post yet. Tried refreshing few times but still cant see that new quoted post.

I assume that notification triggered asap when post was done in the system, but in reality the display of post in that thread takes few minutes; some database writing activity being done in background. Is that correct ?
I guess its because your post was quoted by a Newbie. So you get the notification immeditately but the newbie's post will appear only after moderators does the review/filter procedure.
Old 9th June 2014, 19:36   #5635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Noted. Will update you on this soon.

cya
R

Hello Rehaan,

Any update? I'm still getting mails between 1-2 AM in night.

Sent from mobile using Team-BHP

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th June 2014 at 15:48. Reason: Shortening quote
Old 10th June 2014, 13:00   #5636
Senior - BHPian

Folks, In the interest of safety of the motoring community pan-India I would like to suggest our moderation team to plan out stickers regarding seat belt usage. We can cut-down on 2 url stickers and instead of them provide stickers like these below:

Name:  BuckleUp.gif
Views: 294
Size:  25.1 KB

Name:  StayAliveParkingSignK4449.gif
Views: 305
Size:  37.0 KB

Team Bhp is a craze pan-India and people run around for having it's stickers on their vehicle. So, why not include some stickers like these in our sticker set and help spread awareness in a small yet innovative way ?

Pic credit: https://www.google.co.in/search?q=we...=isch&imgdii=_

Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 14:27   #5637
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcanize View Post
I get the following page with no matter the query subject - have attached a screen shot picture
Hey,

Your firefox add-on Ghostery might be responsible for this. You can see that its blocking the google search API. Please allow that through and see if that makes a difference. If it doesn't, please start firefox in safe-mode (no add-ons enabled) and check if the issue still persists? Let me know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
i have exactly the same issue as @Vulcanize
Please see the post above and do the same...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi63 View Post
...we should have a way to address the problems of our members with car manufacturer's
Some years back, a few manufacturers wanted to come aboard to interact with users who had problems. Sounded like a positive step. However, the reality was that it was just scripted answers & PR talk. We decided this wasn't a good idea and wasn't really helping anyone. (In short: in theory its great, in reality it falls short).

Quote:
Second we can make suggestions through this forum to improve cars viz each manufacturer
Believe me when i say all the manufacturers read every word of feedback written about their cars with keen interest. You might not know it, but your posts do have an effect.

Quote:
Third as a collective force we can interact with govt. agencies and get our suggestions implemented through Govt agencies be it Auto permits, Cabs, Traffic norms, tinted films, highways and state highways!
This sounds great, again, in theory. However personally, the thought of dealing with a large, complicated and inefficient body, wrapped in politics - isn't something i think our time would be best spent on at the moment.

Quote:
As I always believe we are part of a society and it is our duty as citizens to help improve our society in whichever way possible.
Am behind you 100% here! In our case, help educate people about road safety and civic sense - both by writing on the forums, and also by sharing that info with whomever you come across (family, friends, random taxi drivers, etc). BHPians are proud to be doing the right thing, and that is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
...so in this same thread kindly permit us to have the concerns and suggestions raised by our members on "Co-passenger safety as well". I thought of this idea after coming across a recent high profile mishap.
Here's a related thread that might be along the lines of what you're looking for : link

And some others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Wish i can get the 'view from the driver's seat' photo added to each official test drive report; this is owing to visibility concerns in cars such as Ecosport.
Interesting idea! Playing the devil's advocate, I'll say that a human's field of view and that of a typical camera lens are very different -- so the result might not be a true picture. Nonetheless, interesting idea, and if its possible (wide angle lens permitting) you might see a few.

Made me think of the first-person GoPro footage we took, as seen in post #5 here

Quote:
Members who are contributing and are helping the community but does not fulfil distinguished bhpian criteria can be awarded medals. Like if a person is an expert in 4x4, off-roading then he can be given an award accordingly.
Very interesting idea Praveer - and indeed it's an idea that another Mod or DBHPian had raised in the past (my memory isn't too clear). We did start to move ahead with something like it -- but honestly things got very complex in the proposed selection method, and the true benefit of the system (vs the possible down-sides) started to come into question. As a result, we decided to keep it simple and skip this system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Is this an official Team Bhp channel? If no, it would be better to have one soon.
Yes it is our Official YouTube channel!

The following is a list of ALL our Official social media links at the moment. No others you come across are official.

www.youtube.com/user/TeamBHPChannel
www.facebook.com/teambhp
www.facebook.com/TeamBHPClassifieds
www.twitter.com/TeamBHPforum
plus.google.com/+teambhp

cya
R

@ Others - will reply to your posts soon!

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th June 2014 at 15:31.
Old 25th June 2014, 15:06   #5638
Distinguished - BHPian

I somehow am NOT able to navigate to page 13 of this thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...e-look-12.html (2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look)

I am using httpS as http does NOT work in office. I remember such an issue sometime back and was resolved.
Old 25th June 2014, 15:18   #5639
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I somehow am NOT able to navigate to page 13 of this thread.
Works for me in both http & httpS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I remember such an issue sometime back and was resolved.
That might have been due to a corrupt post, but page 13 has no such post (and we've also implemented something to prevent them from happening).

Could you try another browser?

Thanks,
R
Old 25th June 2014, 15:22   #5640
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
...Could you try another browser?..
I was getting the problem in Firefox. This works for me in IE though.

Most Viewed