Old 30th June 2014, 09:49   #5656
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Hi Mods,

Please find message below.

"Hi ksmrsm,

The post that you created in the following thread has been deleted

-----
Post ID: [quote=JLS;3464600]I believe this line was delivered by 'The...
Thread: RIP 'Eli Wallach' (aka Tuco)
Reason: Please use the thanks button in such cases.
-----

Please do NOT reply to this PM. This is an automated message sent by the moderation system.

Regards

The Team-BHP Support"

Question: For threads that don't have a "Thanks" button, how do I do this?

Thanks for your help.
Old 30th June 2014, 22:03   #5657
BHPian

I had posted the ad for the sale of my car in OLX and in Team BHP on Saturday evening. It got approved in OLX in an hour,and my car was sold by Monday morning. It was approved in Team BHP only by Monday afternoon . Car was sold by then. Maybe you could do something for quick approval.
Regards
Old 1st July 2014, 14:15   #5658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING DYSP View Post
So my actual post count should be 64 but it's showing 69, after reporting few posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
my post count started increasing everytime I reported the post.
Unless I'm mistaken, reporting a post internally creates a new thread in a different section that is visible only for the moderators. That is probably the reason your post count is increasing every time you report a post, though you are not able to see that thread/post.
Old 1st July 2014, 14:17   #5659
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post

Unless I'm mistaken, reporting a post internally creates a new thread in a different section that is visible only for the moderators. That is probably the reason your post count is increasing every time you report a post, though you are not able to see that thread/post.
No buddy, that is not possible. Reporting a post doesn't increase your post count at all.

I feel the database / software could have taken time to update the post count correctly.

Anurag.
Old 1st July 2014, 15:39   #5660
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
No buddy, that is not possible. Reporting a post doesn't increase your post count at all.
Actually it does. Everytime you report a post, your post count increases by 1. See it as a thank you from the moderator team in helping them maintain the standards of the forum.
Old 1st July 2014, 15:59   #5661
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Actually it does. Everytime you report a post, your post count increases by 1. See it as a thank you from the moderator team in helping them maintain the standards of the forum.
Thank you buddy for enlightening me in this roc. Never realised this change in post count. Will have a close look next time. Thanks.

Anurag.
Old 1st July 2014, 16:06   #5662
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Is there a way to find/record/document the BHP-RPM curve for each of the vehicles test driven?
Agree with you here, especially about BHP under the curve!

We'd love to include accurate BHP curves of all cars we review, but unfortunately the logistical problem of making it happen is a bit too large to tackle right now. (I've also posted earlier in this thread about 0-100 times).

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
How about including the month/year in news article titles?
Sounds logical, but its just too much clutter. Given that our site has the date on every post in the thread, this might be overkill IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
The (new?) minimum 20 character per post rule seems an overkill for some threads...
That requirement has been in place for years now! The fact that you're just noticing it might mean that it's not actually overkill?

It just helps prevent super short posts, which are usually like "Awesome pics!" or "Thanks NPV..", which can usually be accomplished by using the Thanks button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I can appreciate the team's reasons for excluding certain sections, but I really think they should re-examine the classification. At the moment (for example), we can thank for a quirky sign, which is just a joke thing, but we cannot thank for valuable health advice for pets or people.
Though i don't have a solid opinion on this (since there is no perfect solution), personally i am in agreement with you here. Lets see if the mod team wishes to re-evaluate this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmrsm View Post
Question: For threads that don't have a "Thanks" button, how do I do this?
Sorry for the mismatched PM. Nonetheless, the point of the note was to tell you to avoid one-liners (even if they are thanks in a no-thanks section).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
I had posted the ad for the sale of my car ... Maybe you could do something for quick approval.
Unfortunately Classifieds approvals do not regularly happen over the weekend. Feedback noted, and it is something we'd love to be able to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
...my post count started increasing everytime I reported the post.
+
Quote:
Originally Posted by KING DYSP View Post
...Even I am facing the same issue...
Please read this : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/faq.p...shooting#faq_9

And the following quotes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Absolutely correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I feel the database / software could have taken time to update the post count correctly.
Correct on this part of your post.

cya
R
Old 9th July 2014, 14:20   #5663
Senior - BHPian

Just a query, since the pictures of the new Punto have started floating around on whatsapp and other sites, when can we expect an official review of the new Punto?
Old 13th July 2014, 16:41   #5664
BHPian

Can someone add "Honda Trigger" to the list of motorcycles under Honda in Classifieds?

EDIT: And also add "TS" (Telangana) to the list of "Registration State"

Last edited by hellmet : 13th July 2014 at 16:43.
Old 15th July 2014, 11:58   #5665
BHPian

Please review the ad-placement in the mobile version of team-bhp site. The issue is, the advertisement is positioned over the navigation links at the bottom when viewing the site on a mobile phone. There is no way to go to next page!

Guru.
Old 15th July 2014, 12:02   #5666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruji View Post
Please review the ad-placement in the mobile version of team-bhp site. The issue is, the advertisement is positioned over the navigation links at the bottom when viewing the site on a mobile phone. There is no way to go to next page!

Guru.
Have experienced the same, but doesn't it go off once you sign in?
Old 16th July 2014, 00:35   #5667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Have experienced the same, but doesn't it go off once you sign in?
Thanks, I wasnt aware of this feature. Login solves the issue for me.
Old 24th July 2014, 18:10   #5668
Senior - BHPian

Would it be OK to share the contact numbers with only Registered Members?
I mean in the profile, we can share our contact numbers that will be visible only to the registered members of the forum. Also there should be an option of Time Slot- as to when other members could call that particular member. The Newbie Members will not be able to see this information until they upgrade to Bhpians.

If any member wants any help from any particular member, he could call him.

If Mods, Other Members feel this is inappropriate, please delete this post.

Thanks.
Old 25th July 2014, 16:45   #5669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
Would it be OK to share the contact numbers with only Registered Members?
I mean in the profile, we can share our contact numbers that will be visible only to the registered members of the forum. Also there should be an option of Time Slot- as to when other members could call that particular member. The Newbie Members will not be able to see this information until they upgrade to Bhpians.

If Mods, Other Members feel this is inappropriate, please delete this post.

Thanks.
If any BHPian needs help from another BHPian, we already have a non-intrusive way for them to interact - via PM. If the other BHPian is interested to talk, he always has the option to give his number but if he is not interested, he can choose not to disclose the same. Or the BHPian needing help can leave his number in the PM message and request the other BHPian to call if he is wiling to help.

I'm not sure how many BHPians would be willing to leave their numbers in the forum with a blanket "call for anything" disclaimer. I for one is unlikely to do it, though I might not mind giving the number to someone with a specific ask.
Old 11th August 2014, 16:04   #5670
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruji View Post
the advertisement is positioned over the navigation links at the bottom when viewing the site on a mobile phone. There is no way to go to next page!
Glad that slicvic has solved your problem, but if you could still send me a screenshot of the issue, that would be helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
I'd have to agree with zenren in this case. Though sharing your phone number conveniently certainly would have some benefits, its better to share it selectively than to have it shown to all 80,000+ members.

cya
R

Most Viewed