Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2014, 09:07   #5776
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhu_hs View Post
there are a few posts(s) that are 'marquee' posts [...] but those who start to follow a particular thread when it has run into hundreds of pages, repetition sets in [...]
Another use-case for a similar feature can be seen in the route-travel queries section. Usually there are a few posts that detail bypassing a certain hotspot, or directions via a lesser-traveled route, or detailing any similar situation - in incredible detail with map links and POIs etc. But when the thread grows a few pages beyond that point, such posts are lost.

I keep a Google document where I copy/paste such information.

What I'm thinking of (which is in addition to what is being proposed here) is an interface like Quora's. There, a particularly useful answer I can add to my "Reading List" which is linked from my profile page.
Old 10th December 2014, 12:03   #5777
PPS
Senior - BHPian

I seem to be having problems on Firefox & Chrome. Team-Bhp page doesn't load since the past 2 days. I changed my ISP a couple of days back, the website was very much working even with the new ISP but isn't working now. What could be the issue? I have cleared the cache, still doesn't work.
Old 10th December 2014, 12:39   #5778
BHPian

Some suggestions that flows in my mind -

1. Team Bhp Stickers - Few forum members have shared their views here,
here is my point- if there is a scope - Stickers can be customized and members ID be punched to it. So when a car is spotted with sticker, others will have an idea ( can distinguish non member - member cars ) also adds value for better bonding and publicity as well. Graduate to Monograms.

2. Better Connect - All these years with TeamBhp, its been minimal meets i have appeared, somehow the friendship i developed here makes me continue with folks offline. Should there be a proper channel, where decentralization pertaining to cities, locations, neighborhood is promoted' more members can stay connected effectively ( in my locality, i see cars in compound with Team bhp stickers, dint know who the member is, my interactions weren't fruitful)

3. Support Fellow Bhpians - (has reference with my aforesaid points) Reach out for anything & everything. say for e.g - when you see a member's car in trouble / breakdown or a situation confronting with a cop' fellow bhpians passing that way can lend a support. Whole idea is being approachable & spread unity in this community

4. Number Plates - Similar to IND plates, we can introduce TEAMBHP Plates bearing spectacular character, special material & font in compliance with transport laws
Old 10th December 2014, 14:46   #5779
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
Hey Rush, do we have a post/discussion on how the previous COTY winners performed in the market? It will also in a way show where auto enthusiasts view relevant to the market at large.
Please refer to our monthly sales threads and you'll have all the data you need

Sample Link
Old 10th December 2014, 22:40   #5780
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
I seem to be having problems on Firefox & Chrome. Team-Bhp page doesn't load since the past 2 days. I changed my ISP a couple of days back, the website was very much working even with the new ISP but isn't working now. What could be the issue? I have cleared the cache, still doesn't work.
Issue seems to have resolved all by itself miraculously! Pages loading now.
Old 13th December 2014, 10:52   #5781
PPS
Senior - BHPian

^^ Issue has cropped up again & i am unable to load the page. It certainly has got nothing to go with cookies, caches i guess!
Old 13th December 2014, 15:01   #5782
Distinguished - BHPian

I am NOT able to rate the Toyota Mirai thread. Not sure any other thread has the same issue. Attaching the screenshot!

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-rating.jpg
Old 14th December 2014, 23:51   #5783
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^ Issue has cropped up again & i am unable to load the page. It certainly has got nothing to go with cookies, caches i guess!
I'm now able to access Team-bhp from my other old ISP provider which is about to be disconnected! Certainly seems to be an ISP issue, is there any solution to this?
ISP is 5 Net in Suburban Mumbai!
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-20141215_001729.jpg

Last edited by PPS : 15th December 2014 at 00:15.
Old 15th December 2014, 00:40   #5784
BHPian

Quote:
I'm now able to access Team-bhp from my other old ISP provider which is about to be disconnected! Certainly seems to be an ISP issue, is there any solution to this?
What happens when you ping 205.147.110.34 ?

Do you know what your DNS servers are set as? I think changing them to OpenDNS would probably fix this.

cya
R
rehaan2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 21:21   #5785
Senior - BHPian

I can't get the logic behind "Thanks" button for "Thread moved from the Assembly Line (The "Assembly Line" Forum section) to the XXXXXXXXXXXX" posts.

Any clues.
Old 27th December 2014, 13:03   #5786
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
I face this sometimes while browsing through the mobile app. Especially when there's a slow 3G connection.
That's extremely strange carzone. I've never seen this before, and it looks like a deeper (hardware) issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
I login with my emailID and create a Gadget ad, and it is rejected citing I'm not a member on the forum, but I check and my username is always in the listing.
Strange...

Is your Team-BHP forum username filled in correctly here :
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/edit_profile/

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
Hi Callvvijay,

Our Directory section has a few requirements. This thread doesn't meet them all for a direct move (eg. prescribed listing format, 1st post being the recommendation, etc).

Please feel free to create a directory listing for the outfit you do recommend. Read this too

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
Team-Bhp stickers are being sold to members as well as non members. So is there any chance of a unique Team-Bhp sticker for members alone (member-Team-Bhp / Bhpian, anything like that), preferably non duplicatable
Not possible for stickers at the moment, due to the way we print them.

However, do see this in case you missed it : NEW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhu_hs View Post
I have a a suggestion for the ownership threads/official reviews of different vehicles.
This is definitely a good suggestion Sidhu_hs!

However, its one that requires a lot of manual effort, and hence we don't make it a requirement.

If members wish to have an "Index" post in their Ownership Reviews, we're more than happy to edit the post and add links when informed by the member via 'Reported Post'.

Example : Condor's Ikon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ555 View Post
if there is a scope - Stickers can be customized and members ID be punched to it.
Do see my reply to Adrian above.

Quote:
Better Connect & Support Fellow Bhpians
There sound like technology dependent functions, and are something we'd love to see in the future. For now it'll have to be done using the existing means.

Quote:
Number Plates - Similar to IND plates, we can introduce TEAMBHP Plates bearing spectacular character, special material & font in compliance with transport laws
Nice idea! (Similar to how they have "Numberplate Frames" abroad). Will have to look into the legality of it.

Quote:
Issue has cropped up again & i am unable to load the page. It certainly has got nothing to go with cookies, caches i guess!
Is this fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I am NOT able to rate the Toyota Mirai thread. Not sure any other thread has the same issue. Attaching the screenshot!
See post #5770 on the previous page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
I can't get the logic behind "Thanks" button for "Thread moved from the Assembly Line (The "Assembly Line" Forum section) to the XXXXXXXXXXXX" posts.
a) The Thanks feature cannot be set per post or even per thread. It is activated/deactivated per section.
b) Sometimes the moderator who moved the post out helped the thread starter a lot by either formatting the post, suggesting what needed to be added to complete the report, etc etc - and the member clicks 'thanks' when the thread is moved out.

cya
R
Old 27th December 2014, 14:20   #5787
BHPian

Guys I have a suggestion for improving the quality of this forum. Though I don't know how much practical my idea is.

My father has always wanted to buy a Gypsy, and he thinks this is the perfect time. However, I can't find a typical review of this car, though ownership reviews are there. Everytime I read a TBHP review, I am always very satisfied with its quality and details. This leads to me wanting this top grade review of the Gypsy.
We don't have the reviews of cars like the Ford Fiesta 1.6,which has again made it to the enthusiasts car list this year. Also, enthusiast cars which are now extinct but are a good find in the used car market, like the Honda Civic and Accord(not exactly an enthusiastic car) can have their own TBHP review so that BHPians who ate looking forward to buy these cars can have the peace of mind of reading a top class TBHP review and then taking their decision.
Please delete if this is OT or impractical.

Last edited by petrolhead_neel : 27th December 2014 at 14:22.
Old 27th December 2014, 14:32   #5788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

Strange...

Is your Team-BHP forum username filled in correctly here :
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/edit_profile/

R
Yes, sir, it is

Name:  username.png
Views: 326
Size:  4.8 KB!
Old 27th December 2014, 14:46   #5789
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Is this fixed?
Yes. I hope its fixed forever! Can be quite frustrating when there is no access to team-bhp.
Old 29th December 2014, 22:45   #5790
BHPian

Encountered this now while browsing through the Auto Image Thread
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-tbhp.jpg  

Most Viewed