Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2015, 16:01   #5806
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtandon View Post
The home page of team-bhp does not open with the error as in the attached file.
do you get this every time or is this random?
Old 7th January 2015, 16:06   #5807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
do you get this every time or is this random?
I am getting this from the past 2 days. Yesterday it kept on coming randomly but today I have not been able to go to the home page. For accessing I have to google team-bhp and then go directly to the forums page.

Just noticed that this issue is coming while browsing on Google Chrome, the page is opening alright in Mozilla Firefox.

regards.

Last edited by luvtandon : 7th January 2015 at 16:15. Reason: Further Information
Old 7th January 2015, 16:21   #5808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am getting this from the past 2 days. Yesterday it kept on coming randomly but today I have not been able to go to the home page. For accessing I have to google team-bhp and then go directly to the forums page.

Just noticed that this issue is coming while browsing on Google Chrome, the page is opening alright in Mozilla Firefox.

regards.
have you tried clearing your cache and restarting Chrome? i use Chrome for everything unofficial on my laptop and so far have not had a problem. the home page is opening for me.

if nothing works, try Reset Settings under Advanced Settings and see if that works.
Old 7th January 2015, 17:06   #5809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The home page of team-bhp does not open with the error as in the attached file.
Your /cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi part in the URL is rather distinctive; it is indicative of various bugs in the web hosting control panel software called cPanel.
Old 7th January 2015, 17:09   #5810
BHPian

Quote:
have you tried clearing your cache and restarting Chrome? i use Chrome for everything unofficial on my laptop and so far have not had a problem. the home page is opening for me.

if nothing works, try Reset Settings under Advanced Settings and see if that works.
Thanks, it worked.

regards.
Old 8th January 2015, 05:10   #5811
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Your /cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi part in the URL is rather distinctive; it is indicative of various bugs in the web hosting control panel software called cPanel.
I am getting this since the past 2 days too. As luvtandon has done, I can do, but reading binand's post makes me think of alternatives. Even my URL adds the cgi thing at the end of the URL.

binand - What do you mean by that quote "distinctive...bugs...web hosting control panel software' ? Apart from cleaning out everything in Chrome, any other way to fix these bugs ?
Old 8th January 2015, 10:58   #5812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
binand - What do you mean by that quote "distinctive...bugs...web hosting control panel software' ? Apart from cleaning out everything in Chrome, any other way to fix these bugs ?
Please check:

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=de...ums.cpanel.net
Old 8th January 2015, 11:19   #5813
BHPian

Hi,
I am not sure if this has been suggested before, but it would be pretty nice to have Team-BHP Petrol/Diesel stickers!
The intention is two fold:
1. Some people, like me, do not prefer to use stickers on external surface. I love the clean, plain look. But i can always use the sticker on the inside of the petrol/diesel cap!
2. Most of the bunks now recognise Team-BHP members as more astute and aware of what and how much goes into their ride. If they see the sticker right in front of their eyes (Bumper stickers may not always be visible), they may avoid trying to hoodwink us.

Hope this is the right place to make this suggestion.

Cheers!
Old 8th January 2015, 11:46   #5814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
regards.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
I am getting this since the past 2 days too. As luvtandon has done, I can do, but reading binand's post makes me think of alternatives. Even my URL adds the cgi thing at the end of the URL.
Thanks a ton! Even I was having the same issue.

That said, Moderators-

How about a section dedicated exclusively to bicycles? The only thread- The Bicycles Thread, just feels insufficient, and insignificant, at times.

So- any upvotes?
Old 8th January 2015, 13:06   #5815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINTAIL View Post
Thanks a ton! Even I was having the same issue.

That said, Moderators-

How about a section dedicated exclusively to bicycles? The only thread- The Bicycles Thread, just feels insufficient, and insignificant, at times.

So- any upvotes?
Adding to the previous post- If even bullock carts, and the A380's are discussed, why not a separate section, or a sub-section for bicycles?

I agree Team-BHP.com is basically an automotive forum. Yet- It has grown, to encompass travelogues conducted by means of an automobile- That is, a road trip.

YET- If members are posting travelogues that every Tom, Dick, and Harry can do- Going to Leh by flight, for example. What is so great in that?

I'm not against them posting such things. Not at all. In fact, it is a refreshing change to directly go to Leh, and avoid mentions of how treacherous the God-zi-la pass was.

The gadgets section. Yes- What is this doing here? What connection does this have with the forum's roots? None- right?

BUT- If they're acceptable to a vast majority (and me as well, yes!) , I fail to comprehend why a seperate section, or a sub-section, if need be, for bicycles cannot be done.

If mere games deserve indivisual threads, I fail to comprehend why a massive automotive related fad- such as cycling cannot get its own sub-section. It is such a widely done activity, as well.

Why not? eh?
Old 9th January 2015, 12:58   #5816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why not? eh?
24 hours on, not a single reply from a single moderator.
Old 9th January 2015, 14:21   #5817
BANNED

Quote:

I agree, I too did feel the need to be having a separate section for bicycles.
Old 9th January 2015, 14:40   #5818
BANNED

Quote:
I too don't have a pleasant experience when researching on pedal bikes elsewhere on the internet.
I'd love to have bikes discussed here too. But, then again, I'd like to have a lot of things discussed here that don't relate with TBhp.
Pedal bikes, I think, do relate quite a bit; except that you can't upgrade its BHP with cash.
Old 9th January 2015, 18:06   #5819
BHPian

This need of a Bicycle section has been felt by many other BHPians like me too.
In this polluted world, we BHPians should promote cycling just as we promote safe driving.
Old 9th January 2015, 20:24   #5820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I agree, I too did feel the need to be having a separate section for bicycles.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaheshY1 View Post
I too don't have a pleasant experience when researching on pedal bikes elsewhere on the internet.
I'd love to have bikes discussed here too. But, then again, I'd like to have a lot of things discussed here that don't relate with TBhp.
Pedal bikes, I think, do relate quite a bit; except that you can't upgrade its BHP with cash.
Thanks! My reasoning is- a cycle is an direct form of transport, which almost all of us have certainly used. If even computers are getting their own sub-forum in an automotive related website,

Why not bicycles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
This need of a Bicycle section has been felt by many other BHPians like me too.
In this polluted world, we BHPians should promote cycling just as we promote safe driving.
Again- Thanks!

32 hours since the proposal was floated. NOT A SINGLE reply from the Moderators.

At least acknowledge, this, if nothing else.

Last edited by FINTAIL : 9th January 2015 at 20:26.

Most Viewed