Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2015, 18:34   #5941
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Gents,

I've got a bee in my bonnet.

There are some 15 million threads on Team-Bhp right now that are about detailing, washing, cleaning, interior detailing, c-quartz coating etc etc.

Ok, maybe not 15 million, but you get the drift, right?

So, why don't we have a separate section for cleaning & detailing under the modifications & accessories forum?

That way, folks interested in detailing and cleaning can just get all that info under that forum!

I bring this topic to light, because just recently GTO had to condense all that info, and create another thread, about keeping the car clean, even though we already have a 600+ page long thread about that!

Not that I have a problem with GTO doing that, but, wouldn't having a separate forum for detailing and stuff be better?

Oh, and btw, if you do happen to create such a forum, please make sure both the 600+ page thread & GTO's thread are sticky-ed

Just a thought, so please do feel free to comment.

Thanks & cheers!
Old 10th June 2015, 09:54   #5942
Senior - BHPian

What happened to the Online Shopping Thread? It is not visible in my subscription list anymore.
Old 10th June 2015, 18:59   #5943
BHPian

While watermarking pictures, can we try to incorporate a single line of semi-transparent ( 50 per cent transparency) water mark through the center than having it at the base where it can be cropped off?

Last edited by batterylow : 10th June 2015 at 19:07. Reason: Additional information.
Old 10th June 2015, 19:23   #5944
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
What happened to the Online Shopping Thread? It is not visible in my subscription list anymore.
It says Invalid thread.

@ MODS,

Is it been closed or moved out of public view?
Old 10th June 2015, 20:01   #5945
Team-BHP Support

It's still up -> The "Online Shopping" Thread
Old 11th June 2015, 08:27   #5946
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
It says Invalid thread.

@ MODS,

Is it been closed or moved out of public view?
Thanks for bringing it to our attention. The thread is back
Old 11th June 2015, 16:40   #5947
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
So, why don't we have a separate section for cleaning & detailing under the modifications & accessories forum?
The Mods did actually discuss this just a week back! I think the consensus was that despite their being a lot of interest & information on the topic, it's not quite enough to warrant its own section at the moment.

Quote:
Thanks for pointing this out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
While watermarking pictures, can we try to incorporate a single line of semi-transparent ( 50 per cent transparency) water mark through the center than having it at the base where it can be cropped off?
This was an option when we were considering the various watermarks - however, it was just too distracting and took away from the experience of viewing pics on the forum (eg. ownership reports / travelogues, etc).

For pics that truly need a copy-proof watermark, we do manually add a www.team-bhp.com watermark in the center of the pic. Example.

Do use the Report Post function if you spot any member-posted scoop pics requiring this treatment
Old 12th June 2015, 12:20   #5948
Senior - BHPian

Can we have some sort of format for the posts made on this thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...our-car.html)? )

Maybe something on the lines of-

Car- _____
Place- _____ ( preferably area, city )
Registration Number- _____
Followed by the picture (if any).

Currently, most of the spottings are reported only by posting a picture, which won't help in a thread search. Given the volume of spottings that are reported daily, its quite a tedious task to sift through the images to check if one's been spotted.
Including the place and registration number in the post ( in text form) may help in increasing the rate of acknowledgements as an in-thread search will throw up better results then.
Old 12th June 2015, 17:40   #5949
BHPian

Hi there, wish to know if we can start a thread on whether we should have different stickers for members and non members. I am not sure if there's one already
Old 12th June 2015, 18:33   #5950
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumzup View Post
Hi there, wish to know if we can start a thread on whether we should have different stickers for members and non members. I am not sure if there's one already
No offence buddy but this topic has been discussed so many times in this thread. Please search for answers in this thread.

To give you an answer in short, it is difficult logistically and feasibility.
Old 12th June 2015, 20:09   #5951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
No offence buddy but this topic has been discussed so many times in this thread. Please search for answers in this thread.

To give you an answer in short, it is difficult logistically and feasibility.
sorry, didn't know that. Will go back and check it. Thanks buddy
Old 14th June 2015, 14:46   #5952
Distinguished - BHPian

Lately, there seems to be a problem related to giving a Rating to a thread. Whenever I go to the "Rating" box on the top-right and click on any (stars) rating, I receive this error in a Pop-up box:

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-untitled.jpg

I really hope it's not my computer, IP address or my broadband acting up strangely.
Old 15th June 2015, 14:03   #5953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Lately, there seems to be a problem related to giving a Rating to a thread. Whenever I go to the "Rating" box on the top-right and click on any (stars) rating, I receive this error in a Pop-up box:

Attachment 1381886

I really hope it's not my computer, IP address or my broadband acting up strangely.
The same has been discussed here. It is probably due to the proxy network.

Regards,

Pawan
Old 15th June 2015, 20:31   #5954
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
The same has been discussed here. It is probably due to the proxy network.
Thanks, Pawan.

The problem was happening in my computer at home, where I don't have any proxies set up. I access Team-BHP from my home computer and through the Team-BHP app on my iPhone 6 Plus.

I just rated the new XUV 500 Official Review thread and it registered my rating, no problem. Went to J.Ravi's XUV 500 ownership thread and left my rating, and it registered the same as well.

So whatever was causing the problem, seems to have been rectified. Thanks for the same, team.
Old 19th June 2015, 22:31   #5955
BHPian

Hi Mods,

One suggestion that came to my mind right now is to have T-BHP do a video review of cars , discussions on similar topics and partner with a reputed national TV channel to air the shows on TV. There are few international shows like 'Top Gear ' and 'Fifth Gear' which are highly popular. But in the indian context, I see a vacuum which T-BHP can fill in.
Major Benefit that i see is a wider reach, thus customers feeling confident with presence of T-BHP by knowing our reputation for unbiased review and customer protection.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks