Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2016, 09:20   #6076
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Is there a quick way to quote- all the posts that I might have quote+'ed in a thread in one go? The quote+ stays there if one doesn't follow-through, and later on it becomes a pain when one wants to reply to another, completely unrelated post.

Right now I have been deleting the vbulletin_multiquote cookie using Chrome's cookie-editing facilities, but would be nice to have a feature (or if one exists, please point me to it).
Old 24th March 2016, 15:22   #6077
BHPian

I have an annoying auto-logout issue. In case if i'm reading a post and thought of replying, during the time I compose the reply its gets logged out and while pressing the "Post Quick Reply" / "Submit Reply" button its asking me to login again. Often I thought all my typed content is gone, but sometime after logging in I got back to the content where i was.

Mods please advise, is there any way to keep my credentials logged in.? Any time limit is there to expire my login automatically in case if the site kept idle (even though i was not idle)? I have this issue even in mobile, i have windows mobile and no other option for me than mobile site.
Old 22nd April 2016, 12:38   #6078
Distinguished - BHPian

There is one bug which I would like to report. If I click on //M's View Profile option, it takes me to someone else's profile.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-1.jpg

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-2.jpg

The profile which opens.
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-3.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Old 22nd April 2016, 15:11   #6079
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ It's a known bug

The issue is with the symbols in the username, probably resulting in some confusion because the URL also uses forward slashes. Rehaan can probably explain it better!
Old 22nd April 2016, 15:14   #6080
BHPian

Ive noticed that the site is using drupal. Every user is by default assigned an internal node id. Can a contextual link be made, using that id, to overcome the problem of this slashes?
Im a newbie, i may be wrong.. Just putting forward what i could think off the top of my head.
Old 5th May 2016, 17:28   #6081
BHPian

Donno if this is the right forum, but couldnt find any other "suitable" place to post this.

I have been noticing something peculiar on the TBHP website for the last week or so.

When I am reading through a page, the frame randomly blacks (or rather whites) out. A few scrolls of the mouse and the page refreshes itself - only to take me at the top of the page.

Have been specifically seeing this on 'heavy' pages - ie pages that have a lot of images etc.

This doesnt happen on any of the other websites that I visit, say for eg Amazon which also has image heavy pages and the scroll list can run quite long.

Have tried the usual hacks - deleted temp files, cleared cache / history - but the issue remains.

Browser : Chrome (Version 50.0.2661.94 m)
On Win 7 32 bit Professional

Is it just me or anyone else also has encountered a similar problem ?
Old 5th May 2016, 20:07   #6082
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ01 View Post
Is it just me or anyone else also has encountered a similar problem ?
It happens to me too and you are right in saying that this happens when there are lot of images.

Its just that you are faster than your internet connection.

when you select a thread or post, the browser tries to show that particular post or the thread's opening post on top.
each time it loads and refreshes, it does this.
Before it can load the page, if you scroll down, and after it loads a few more images at the bottom, it brings you back to the thread's opening post or the particular post you had selected.
Get a faster connection or scroll down slowly or wait till the entire page is loaded
Old 6th May 2016, 17:50   #6083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
It happens to me too and you are right in saying that this happens when there are lot of images.

Its just that you are faster than your internet connection.

Get a faster connection or scroll down slowly or wait till the entire page is loaded
I dont think its the speed, my connection is fast enough. And this happens after the page has fully loaded.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-capture.jpg  

Old 6th May 2016, 17:54   #6084
Senior - BHPian

I suspect this to be an issue with Chrome itself. I have been observing this on Chrome since past few weeks not just for Team BHP, but also for other websites.

Another change in Chrome which started along with this behaviour is that it releases memory of a tab if you do not visit it for some time. If you go back to that tab after that duration, the contents of the tab get refreshed.

I think this can be attributed to memory handling of Chrome & not to Team BHP.
Old 17th May 2016, 13:26   #6085
BHPian

Electric Vehicles subforum

Should we have a electric vehicles as a separate sub forum?
Where all discussions related to EV ( (2 and 4 wheeler) can be done
Old 17th May 2016, 13:40   #6086
Senior - BHPian

Mods,

How about having notifications from the mobile app. When I mean notifications:

1. Alerts about PM's that you receive.
2. Alerts about trending topics.
3. Alerts about new reviews.

Notifications timelines (daily, weekly etc) can be decided by the engineers or the mods. Also, can we have thanks button from the mobile app?

P.S : Not sure if it was already suggested earlier by other members.
Old 21st May 2016, 21:01   #6087
BHPian

This suggestion is from a n00b. I am facing this issue since I am yet to complete 25 required posts to start posting without moderators approval. I am sure the same issue will be faced by other freshers as well.

This is just to clarify that I am in no way advocating to stop this function. This is indeed a great way to keep forum clean.

However, the suggestion is:

Whenever my post goes under moderator approval, only way I can come to know if its approved is by checking the thread again and again and till the time the post is not approved, it is not even visible on the thread.

I want to suggest is to keep the post visible in the thread with maybe that red tag attached to it. It might not be visible to public but to the poster and mod only. This way I can know that post is still under moderation. Right now after posting the post just vanishes.

Secondly, if I can get a PM whenever my posts get disapproved by moderators. That way I can know the reason of non-approval.
Old 23rd May 2016, 18:02   #6088
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
There is one bug which I would like to report. If I click on //M's View Profile option, it takes me to someone else's profile.
Check now, sorted .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_the_Don View Post
I did a google search 'teambhp' and was surprised to see a website with a simiar name as Team-Bhp ending as the top searched result link. On clicking, it it was a 404. Any idea mods?
A parasite. Seems to have disappeared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Is there a quick way to quote- all the posts that I might have quote+'ed in a thread in one go? The quote+ stays there if one doesn't follow-through, and later on it becomes a pain when one wants to reply to another, completely unrelated post.
Try replying to another thread. You'll see the message You have selected 33 post(s) that are not part of this thread. Quote these posts as well, or deselect these posts. Deselect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPMV View Post
Mods please advise, is there any way to keep my credentials logged in.?
When logging in, please check the 'Remember Me?' box. You'll have to do this separately for the http and https version of the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
Ive noticed that the site is using drupal.
Our forum uses vbulletin as its engine, and the problem with special characters is due to an add-on software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Electric Vehicles subforum

Should we have a electric vehicles as a separate sub forum?
Where all discussions related to EV ( (2 and 4 wheeler) can be done
We'll definitely have dedicated EV forums for cars & bikes, but when they become more mainstream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
How about having notifications from the mobile app. When I mean notifications
Honestly, we're dumping the apps and focussing on the development of our smartphone skin (select it from the bottom left menu of any page). There's some work happening in the background. Wait for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfOctave View Post
This suggestion is from a n00b. I am facing this issue since I am yet to complete 25 required posts to start posting without moderators approval. I am sure the same issue will be faced by other freshers as well.
I know what you are talking about buddy. It's an imperfect system, but the best we could come up with. The pros greatly outweigh the cons. But hey, just submit 6 more high quality posts and these troubles are left behind .
Old 23rd May 2016, 18:13   #6089
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Check now, sorted .
Yes Sir. Finally the long known bug is sorted. Works like a charm now.

Regards,
Shashi
Old 23rd May 2016, 18:24   #6090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Honestly, we're dumping the apps and focussing on the development of our smartphone skin (select it from the bottom left menu of any page). There's some work happening in the background. Wait for it!
Whoa! Why this sudden change? When many people are focussing on increasing the footprint through apps. I agree smartphone skin and all such fancy but having a lighter working app is any day better I feel.

Most Viewed