Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2016, 18:29   #6106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

There should be a provision to see ONLY photos of a particular thread.

For example, If I want to see ONLY photos of a particular thread and not read the contents, I can see them in ascending order.

Regards-Sonu.
Old 29th June 2016, 10:49   #6107
Distinguished - BHPian

There should be an option to see all ownership reviews of a particular car together.

Something like :

Select Manufacturer

Select Car

Select Official review/Intial test drive & ownership reviews / Long term ownership reviews

This would be very useful for the readers to find all reviews of the particular car together.
Old 29th June 2016, 11:58   #6108
BHPian

Was driving back home from work yesterday and saw a case of road rage where it was many against one and that too for no fault of the poor guy. This got me thinking if there was a way to have an SOS button just on the TBHP mobile app which can make use of the built in mobile GPS and other TBHPians around in nearby areas can go and help if possible.

Sorry if this idea sounds stupid but sometime having some number of people on your side puts the opposite party (if aggressive) on the back foot, not to mention the moral support that you get when you have some support. This is just to either diffuse the situation or help get some ideas from fellow bhpians on the next course of action for people who are novices or or have not encountered such a situation before.
Old 2nd July 2016, 15:41   #6109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Was driving back home from work yesterday and saw a case of road rage where it was many against one and that too for no fault of the poor guy. This got me thinking if there was a way to have an SOS button just on the TBHP mobile app which can make use of the built in mobile GPS and other TBHPians around in nearby areas can go and help if possible.

Sorry if this idea sounds stupid but sometime having some number of people on your side puts the opposite party (if aggressive) on the back foot, not to mention the moral support that you get when you have some support. This is just to either diffuse the situation or help get some ideas from fellow bhpians on the next course of action for people who are novices or or have not encountered such a situation before.
I respect and understand what you are trying to say. But consider the factors here:

1) Road rage is something which i would never wish to get myself involved in. I would also hate to see a fellow BHPian in a similar situation.

2) In case the incident turns ugly, best course of action is to never get out of the car.

3) Hit first talk later, mostly never works.

4) Even if such a system were set up, BHPians may be to far and too few to render timely assistance.

These are my two cents. Cheers! Drive safe.
Old 2nd July 2016, 21:36   #6110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
There should be an option to see all ownership reviews of a particular car together.

Something like :

Select Manufacturer

Select Car

Select Official review/Intial test drive & ownership reviews / Long term ownership reviews

This would be very useful for the readers to find all reviews of the particular car together.
I second this! I came here to post the exact same suggestion. I was having difficulty locating a particular thread I read a while ago but didn't remember what the thread topic was, just the car. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been in this position. Would be a killer feature.
Old 4th July 2016, 15:41   #6111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurchaturvedi View Post
I respect and understand what you are trying to say. But consider the factors here:

1) Road rage is something which i would never wish to get myself involved in. I would also hate to see a fellow BHPian in a similar situation.

2) In case the incident turns ugly, best course of action is to never get out of the car.

3) Hit first talk later, mostly never works.

4) Even if such a system were set up, BHPians may be to far and too few to render timely assistance.

These are my two cents. Cheers! Drive safe.
Probably you read my post wrong. I am not saying that anyone needs to get involved but sometimes situations are not in your hand as to how it pans out and moreover having some people by your side helps in any case. I have no where mentioned about getting into a fight in the first place but getting out of a fight (in the remote case that one happens) for sure. Also I am not expecting 50 or 100 BHPians to turn out. Just one or maybe two to stand by the side
Old 7th July 2016, 18:16   #6112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Probably you read my post wrong. I am not saying that anyone needs to get involved but sometimes situations are not in your hand as to how it pans out and moreover having some people by your side helps in any case. I have no where mentioned about getting into a fight in the first place but getting out of a fight (in the remote case that one happens) for sure. Also I am not expecting 50 or 100 BHPians to turn out. Just one or maybe two to stand by the side
Well sir, i might have initially misundestood you. Yes i admit it will be very nice to see a friendly face during a confrontational/emergency situation but then pratically how would we even implement it? Even with an SOS, it will take say, 5-10 minutes for the nearest BHPian to reach the spot. In that time, the damage would have been done. This system might be very useful in an accident/breakdown type siutation.
Old 8th July 2016, 09:42   #6113
Senior - BHPian

Just thought this would be a good idea:

In the last post of a review, when you list competitors, please add links to official reviews (if available) of the cars.
Old 8th July 2016, 10:22   #6114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurchaturvedi View Post
Even with an SOS, it will take say, 5-10 minutes for the nearest BHPian to reach the spot. In that time, the damage would have been done. This system might be very useful in an accident/breakdown type siutation.
The thing is, I have seen cases where the party at fault starts dialing numbers of his people and it does take time for them too, to reach the spot. 5-10 minutes is still a short time. I was think of anywhere around 30 minutes because thats what will actually happen.

On the implementation part it really depends because I am not sure of the technicalities of the TBHP app. It could just pop up a notification like -

"SOS - **small snippet of the spot**"

but yes the GPS on the mobile needs to be on at all times for app to pick the location. Yes many of the BHPians in the area might not even be able to come or maybe no one would be able to come but then the chances are still 50-50 which I feel is better than 0%. Also like you pointed out, it can be useful in case of breakdowns too like for e.g. a dead battery which might need a jump start to go to the nearest garage

Nevertheless this was just a thought which to my mind and thought of penning it here. Please do feel free to shoot it down

Last edited by centaur : 8th July 2016 at 10:24.
Old 8th July 2016, 11:08   #6115
Senior - BHPian

^^ an alternative would be to organise/attend meets, connect with your nearby BHPians and make lasting friendships.
I'd rather have a friend by my side than a complete stranger.
Old 8th July 2016, 14:26   #6116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Something like :

Select Manufacturer

Select Car

Isn't this already there?

Just search by car name and you will get a list of all topics with that name.
Old 8th July 2016, 15:15   #6117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Isn't this already there?

Just search by car name and you will get a list of all topics with that name.
Yes, it will show all the threads which has the name of particular car. I meant there should have been a specific option see to check all ownership reviews of a particular car together.
Old 8th July 2016, 16:20   #6118
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it will show all the threads which has the name of particular car. I meant there should have been a specific option see to check all ownership reviews of a particular car together.
This feature is there already in the Advanced Search option.

Ensure you search only thread titles and not posts. Please see the attached pic for reference - areas circled in red help narrow down search results.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-search.jpg

Last edited by Divya Sharan : 8th July 2016 at 16:24.
Old 8th July 2016, 16:28   #6119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
This feature is there already in the Advanced Search option.

Ensure you search only thread titles and not posts. Please see the attached pic for reference - areas circled in red help narrow down search results.
I did try this feature. It works most of the time. There is an option in home page to select the manufacturer and car. It will show up official reviews. I think it would be good to include ownership reviews also in that option.

Advanced search feature might not help like in this case
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20160708163103_com.android.chrome.png  

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 8th July 2016 at 16:32.
Old 8th July 2016, 17:04   #6120
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Advanced search feature might not help like in this case
Hi Dr.Naren,

In this case the "-" is causing issues with the search term.

You can put the search term in quotes, which will fix it. "S-Cross"

Alternatively, you can just search for Cross.

-R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks