Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2017, 17:09   #6301
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Isn't it better if the page number where the solution is mentioned be added into the thread title just after "SOLVED" so readers can go to that page directly.

No point in cluttering the opening​ post. What say Sir?!
Yes. That can be a good option as well. The idea is to reach to the solution without scanning multiple pages.

Regards,

Pawan
Old 3rd July 2017, 19:11   #6302
BHPian

I am curious about this message. Not sure if anyone asked before. But I am wondering why do we get this message? Can't this be overcome?

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-search.jpg
Old 4th July 2017, 11:23   #6303
BHPian

Quote:
Isn't it better if the page number where the solution is mentioned be added into the thread title just after "SOLVED" so readers can go to that page directly.

No point in cluttering the opening​ post. What say Sir?!
Not necessarily - different people have configured their pagers to display different number of posts per page. The forum default is not what everyone uses. So, the page number I see the solution on might be different for me from what's mentioned in the thread title.

For example. your post that I quoted appears on page 420 for me. Which page does it appear on for some other users?

Cheers
Old 4th July 2017, 11:37   #6304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
It would be great if along with changing the thread name, the link to the solution post is also added to the opening post.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Not necessarily - different people have configured their pagers to display different number of posts per page.
Yes, the thread title should be edited to indicate that the problem has been solved. I take your point that some sort of pointer to the post where the solution is described will be very useful.

IMHO, the best way to do it is to put the post number. All posts in the thread are numbered serially. This number is on the right side - see attached image. Pagination settings won't affect it either.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-postnumber.jpg  

Old 5th July 2017, 10:40   #6305
Team-BHP Support

I'm having some trouble editing my post when on IE.

When I click on Edit (this happened a minute after I posted my reply), the post window just has a blank area. Screenshot attached.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-error1.jpg

Also, why does the menu bar (highlighted) look different on IE vs Chrome?

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-error2.jpg
Old 5th July 2017, 20:27   #6306
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
For the record, this is how it is on Chrome

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screen-shot-20170705-20.25.47.png
Old 6th July 2017, 17:01   #6307
BHPian

Dear Mods,

Currently Team-BHP reviews are posted in our website. Each review covers maximum details. But IMO official reviews coupled with a video of test drive would help a lot. Some times people take little effort in reading through the detailed write-up. I suggest to make use of the existing YouTube channel for posting the videos of official reviews.

Thanks,
Old 17th July 2017, 08:22   #6308
Senior - BHPian

In the APP, if we forgot to add pictures while posting a post, and when we click on Edit to add pictures, it is seen that only "Insert Image Link" option is available which inserts 'IMG', '/IMG' quotes only.

How to add pictures while editing posts?

Last edited by IndigoXLGrandDi : 17th July 2017 at 08:24.
Old 18th July 2017, 15:58   #6309
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

As samaspire posted, we are no longer supporting the app. Please instead use our sexy, fast & light mobile skin. It works flawlessly. Try it for a day and you'll forget the app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry_der View Post
I dont know if its been suggested earlier or not, can we have a dedicated button on each post to mark it favourite or "starred" as in watsapp?
Better to use your browser's bookmark feature for that, pal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodDevil81 View Post
Pardon me if this has been discussed or suggested before, but can there be news updates on weekends too?
The full-time team needs a break too . We do publish super critical news on weekends, but only if it's 'breaking' news. Admittedly, that's more the exception than the norm.

Best to surf the forum. Any & all news is usually covered by BHPians immediately on the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Many times, some images that I upload are seen upside down in the posts. Our helpful mods rectify it soon after I report the post. However, I feel it would be useful if the mods share how to avoid this in the first place so that I can take care of it myself from now onwards
On Windows, I simply open the image in 'Windows Photo Viewer', then click CRTL + > (arrow sign) to rotate the image .

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
It would be great if along with changing the thread name, the[b] link to the solution post is also added to the opening post
Quote:
Please use the 'report this post to a Moderator' functionality to bring solutions & page numbers to our attention. We'll add them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
I am curious about this message. Not sure if anyone asked before. But I am wondering why do we get this message? Can't this be overcome?
Searches are very heavy on the database. On Team-BHP, even guests / unregistered users can freely use the forum search. For safety reasons, we've enforced the 10 second gap between consecutive searches.

You could use the Google search box (top right of every page) which doesn't have this restriction.

Quote:
For the record, this is how it is on Chrome
This is the right one. Please use Chrome only; it blows Explorer away to smithereens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavGTI View Post
But IMO official reviews coupled with a video of test drive would help a lot.
The observations + pictures alone fill our time up with the car pretty quickly. It'll be impossible to squeeze a high-quality video into the current system. I'd prefer to focus on text + pictures for now; there are many high-quality videos online, but no one covers a car quite like we do in text + images.
Old 18th July 2017, 17:20   #6310
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I'm having some trouble editing my post when on IE.

Looks to me like your IE is not running JavaScript (which is essential for the correct functioning of the forum).

Test here: https://www.whatismybrowser.com/dete...script-enabled

And ensure there aren't any security restrictions preventing JS from running on Team-BHP.
Old 18th July 2017, 17:50   #6311
BHPian

Please excuse me if this has been suggested before.

For TBHP fans, is there a way they could subscribe to a particular thread ? As a non-member, I always wished this feature was available for public.
Old 18th July 2017, 18:02   #6312
BHPian

I beg your pardon if it has been discussed earlier.

Is it possible in future to have customized team-bhp stickers with our handles printed on them ? It can help in recognizing a fellow BHPian on road and also it can curb piracy of stickers.
Old 19th July 2017, 09:11   #6313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Hill View Post
Please excuse me if this has been suggested before.

For TBHP fans, is there a way they could subscribe to a particular thread ? As a non-member, I always wished this feature was available for public.
Yes, You can just open any thread and go to "Thread Tools" and subscribe to the thread yourself without posting or replying to the thread.

If you reply to the thread, you will get subscribed automatically anyways

Edit: Sorry, I was talking about subscribing to thread by members. Not for Non members. If a person is NON MEMBER, how can he subscribe without logging in? I do not think this is feasible.

Last edited by gkveda : 19th July 2017 at 09:13.
Old 19th July 2017, 09:40   #6314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
I presume that this has been put in place to prevent bots from leeching the site! The wait that has been included is not too much to prevent someone from using the site normally.

But then, there are leeching apps that overcome such restrictions as well.
Old 21st July 2017, 13:18   #6315
BHPian

How about attaching the product brochure along with the official reviews? A new brochure can be added along as and when the company introduces face lifts or makes changes to the variant line up.

Recently I picked up a 2015 Ecosport. I was unable to get the 2015 brochure and the 2013 brochure for a comparison. All that is easily available are the latest brochure. I got it from a helpful BHPian though.

If we can add the brochure along it would be easier to access and I feel its only relevant that the product brochures accompany the official review.

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 21st July 2017 at 13:29.

Most Viewed