Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2017, 17:51   #6316
BHPian

Re: On Team-BHP's 13th birthday, let's celebrate our independence

Irrelevant to Indian market and probably to this thread but starting to see car ads now..
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-img_6805.png  

Old 28th July 2017, 00:06   #6317
BHPian

How about a sticker which promotes the usage of low beams? A reflective one with a good caption, which catches others' attention easily would be a good step towards promoting responsible driving through Team-BHP.
Old 28th July 2017, 10:26   #6318
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Not sure if this has been posted before - But it would really help us brush through the context of the threads quicker if a small glance of the latest post appears below the thread (like email previews in MS Outlook), and that might help us quickly with getting into the post / conversation we're interested in ! My 2 cents !
Old 2nd August 2017, 18:57   #6319
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to add "Original Poster" whenever the OP posts another post in the thread as a reply? Sometimes, we would have to scroll up to see who the OP is.
Old 2nd August 2017, 20:04   #6320
BHPian

One suggestion that I have for official reviews relates to an objective measurement of cabin noise in different driving conditions. There are many free apps available on the play store to measure ambient noise using the smartphone. While they may not be fully accurate, I'm sure they'd be good enough for presenting an objective comparison. I have seen these figures on some international review sites but no one uses them in India.
Old 4th August 2017, 20:46   #6321
Senior - BHPian

Of late, I am seeing a lot of ads while browsing www.teambhp.com using Chrome. They are significantly bigger in size than earlier and are a real nuisance. What irritates me most is the fact that they insert themself in between the posts too - thereby spoiling the reading experience.

Today, I noticed a very interesting change in the ad pattern. While it is common for google to present ads based on our search/browsing history, I was swept off the floor by seeing this.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20170804201519272_com.android.chrome.png

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20170804201528775_com.android.chrome.png

3 - 1 & 2 combined.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20170804203655902_com.android.chrome.png

So, is there a Google BOT going through our forum and tossing thread/post specific ads?
Old 10th August 2017, 12:15   #6322
BHPian

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screen-shot-20170810-12.02.42-pm.png

This has to be one of the most annoying ad pop-up that I have ever seen on a website. The reason why this is more annoying is because of its scroll behaviour when the web page is scrolled. It doesn't scroll with the same speed but much slowly and when the user has scrolled down, the pop up takes it times to come from top of the screen to the scrolled web page position. If you can't remove this, can you please at least adjust is behaviour to match the scrolling speed of the web page.
Old 10th August 2017, 13:20   #6323
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep.rana View Post
This has to be one of the most annoying ad pop-up that I have ever seen on a website.
I can see that you haven't 'logged in' while viewing the forum at that time. Am I right?

When one is logged in, that kind of pop-ups don't appear.
Old 10th August 2017, 13:30   #6324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Wow didn't noticed this little trick. Thanks for pointing it out. Much better to browse Team-Bhp logged in.
Old 10th August 2017, 18:56   #6325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Of late, I am seeing a lot of ads while browsing www.teambhp.com using Chrome
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Can someone please help me understand why I am being subjected to so many ads? Have a look at screenshot of the homepage (mobile skin on chrome) I took a few minutes ago.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20170810184736313_com.android.chrome.png

Is there something that I can do at my end to go through the site at peace?
Old 19th August 2017, 13:51   #6326
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Can someone please help me understand why I am being subjected to so many ads?
They help pay the bills . And so many ads? The mobile website in your screengrab only has 2 ads / page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep.rana View Post
This has to be one of the most annoying ad pop-up that I have ever seen on a website.
Just login and the pop-up will disappear . It isn't shown to members.

Quote:
So, is there a Google BOT going through our forum and tossing thread/post specific ads?
That's how Google Adsense works. It shows relevant ads (based on the page content, your search / surfing history etc.). A BHPian once complained that he was seeing too many lingerie ads - the replies sure gave him a hard time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
One suggestion that I have for official reviews relates to an objective measurement of cabin noise in different driving conditions.
We can always mention the dB level; however, I think it's more important to mention whether it's good or bad. Instead of "wind noise was 90 dB", it would be better to say "wind noise was excessive".

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
Irrelevant to Indian market and probably to this thread but starting to see car ads now..
We usually block Indian car ads as that's over 90% of our traffic. International ads, we ignore due to the minuscule numbers + the adsense block limit of 500. We'd rather use those 500 entries to block Indian car ads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Hill View Post
For TBHP fans, is there a way they could subscribe to a particular thread ? As a non-member, I always wished this feature was available for public.
There is a workaround if a guest really wants it. Register, don't confirm email and subscribe to the thread. This will put your membership in 'awaiting email confirmation' mode and we'll never see it at the time of approvals / rejections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udit View Post
Is it possible in future to have customized team-bhp stickers with our handles printed on them ?
Would be cool, but no logistical bandwidth for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
How about attaching the product brochure along with the official reviews?
Better to take it from the manufacturer's website directly. If you're looking for old brochures, surf through the pre-review thread on the car & its official review. Am sure a BHPian would have uploaded it.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 14:14   #6327
Distinguished - BHPian

Can we please have drag and drop photo uploading? It will be of great help on the Assembly Line. Also, is it possible that when a picture has been inserted inline, it is removed from the drop down list of images available? Or, if that is not possible, instead of ATTACH-Number-ATTACH, we can have ATTACH-FILENAME-ATTACH??
Old 23rd August 2017, 10:06   #6328
BHPian

SubForum for Manuals

As the title says, I want to ask the Mods/Admins if a new sub-forum can be created in "Technical Stuff" forum just for listing official pdf User Manuals / Repair Manuals etc.
Most of the times, the pdf are posted in the official or review threads by one of TBHP members but the page and post count reaches hundreds and it becomes very difficult to find them or even know if they are present.

My idea is:
1. A new subforum created.
2. One thread for each bike/car/etc. Eg: "KTM Duke 390" or "Maruti Suzuki Swift". The threads are locked and can be edited only by Mods.
3. Whenever a member has a manual (eg: Duke 390 2017 manual), he can message the mods who can create a new thread if none exists or upload the pdf to a new post.

This can become a super useful resource and good collection especially for older vehicles.
What do you all think?
Old 23rd August 2017, 10:28   #6329
Senior - BHPian

Re: SubForum for Manuals

A dedicated thread is there for all the manuals

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...df-format.html
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 10:37   #6330
BHPian

Re: SubForum for Manuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
A dedicated thread is there for all the manuals

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...df-format.html
Yes but I still think there is a value in a proper subforum which wont have any other posts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks