Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2017, 16:39   #6361
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Dear Mods,

With regards to impending launches and to some posts where a member shares an experience at service center, most threads now have an edit stating "Edit - Now Launched at Rs xx.xx Lakhs" or "Edit - Now resolved"

I would request if it could be possible to also include page number where the Launch / Resolution has taken effect from.

Sometimes, after a year, if the same thread is visited for research purposes by members or non members intending to purchase that vehicle or to check out the resolution, it takes a bit of effort especially when there are 30 to 40 pages to browse.

Kindly remove this post in case, this has been discussed before.

Thanks
I would suggest a slight change to what you recommend here - instead of including the page number, include the post number.

The reason i suggest this instead of page number is because different members have different settings for number of posts per age; and therefore what I see on page 13 might be different for you - you might see it on page 24 or 25 if you have fewer posts per page in your setting.

Cheers
Old 5th October 2017, 13:01   #6362
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik_tp View Post
The posts from a 'Newbie' does not show up in results, when clicking the “New Posts” link. This is because, the results page sorts the new posts based on the latest post. And by the time, when the new post from a 'Newbie' is approved by moderators, it is lost.
Unfortunately this is the drawback of the post approval system.

Mods do what we can to approve posts as fast as possible, hopefully making this less of an issue / a rare issue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Today's email alert for a private message from team-bhp gave a red flag to me, as it was not encrypted?
Looking into this, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
I’ll be glad to help fix this.
Thanks, will drop you a PM if I need a clarification on anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
I am a big fan of the "reddit" layout.
Me too, and vbulletin even had a "threaded" reply option, though it was never used as default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktale View Post
I think, one way to do is, that if a post has been subsequently quoted, an auto-generated hyperlink is created, which when opened, can show all the subsequent posts, where the original post has been quoted.
This is a really good idea!

Almost like a "This post has been thanked by X, Y, Z"
> "This post has been quoted in X, Y & Z's posts".

Have made a note of this, though it's a "wishlist" functionality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Dear Mods, would it be possible to include the cabin / seat dimensions in the official car reviews?
Would love to, but we'd need to devise a system to measure (how / from where / which position, etc) and it would be rather complex to ensure an overall accurate and fair output. When on test drives, we really don't have a lot of time to do this.

Also, sometimes non-measurable factors affect space (eg. a scoop or curve here, an intruding armrest there). So as a result, the qualitative description of space we provide does work rather well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k88k View Post
When we click on "Last Page" to see the last post, it directs to the 1st post of the page
This doesn't sound right.

On what skin / where are you clicking "Last Page"?

Is your forum post viewing order "Newest post first" or "Newest post last"?

Also, are you logged in whilst doing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
I would request if it could be possible to also include page number where the Launch / Resolution has taken effect from.
Sure thing. If the title isn't too long, and the thread isn't too short, then we can do so.

Feel free to Report Post for the relevant thread, and the mods will take care of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
instead of including the page number, include the post number.
I see what you're saying, but saying "Post #372" means the user will have to do some math to figure out which page to go to!

I'd say a huge majority of users use the default settings - so specifying a page number is usually how we do it (or a direct link to the relevant post within the first post ).
Old 6th October 2017, 11:13   #6363
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Today's email alert for a private message from team-bhp gave a red flag to me, as it was not encrypted? I rarely get nonencrypted mails and I was surprised that team-bhp's email alert was nonencrypted.
Done.

This should be fixed

Please let me know if you see the same issue on any future mails from Team-BHP!
Old 6th October 2017, 16:59   #6364
BHPian

Hi,

under the "Travelogue" section and its sub-section "Route / Travel Queries" : can we further compartmentalize in "Round The World" or "Cross Country". I believe it would be very easy to navigate in such specific RTW/CC sections. Im sure such travels are gaining popularity, including a small bug in myself!

BTW, the reason I didnt mention to separate into "Domestic / India" and "International", because Team-BHP though has its Indian origin, is actually domestic to each member & viewer across the world, kudos.

regards,
Pranav
Old 6th October 2017, 17:11   #6365
BHPian

Not sure if this has been brought up before.

Could we consider doing away with the "flogging a dead horse" icon? It is very graphic with the blood etc.

While I'm not a big PETA enthusiast, this repeatedly caught my attention due to its graphic nature. I thought that it was just me, until my wife who was looking over my shoulder recently also shuddered looking at it.

Thanks!
Old 6th October 2017, 17:42   #6366
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheFold View Post
Not s-----------SNIP------------

Thanks!
Agree. Not for those reasons though, but because it is not used correctly 90% of the time.
Old 7th October 2017, 15:42   #6367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Agree. Not for those reasons though, but because it is not used correctly 90% of the time.

Mea Culpa.

The following quote is completely off topic for this thread. But nevertheless, here it is:

Quote:

Definition of Beating a Dead Horse :

Wasting time by trying to accomplish something that is already finished.

This expression is typically used when people keep trying to solve a problem, usually through a discussion or an argument, that has already been solved. A variation of this expression is flogging a dead horse. Flogging is a synonym for beating.

Origin of Beating a Dead Horse

This idiom originates from a literal meaning in which a horse owner or rider would hit a horse to make it go faster. However, if the horse were already dead, no amount of beating would make it move. Likewise, if a decision has already been made, no amount of discussing it will change it.

This expression and its variation first started appearing in writing in the latter half of the 1800s.
Source
Old 12th October 2017, 15:05   #6368
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
under the "Travelogue" section and its sub-section "Route / Travel Queries" : can we further compartmentalize in "Round The World" or "Cross Country".
This has been suggested a few times, but we think there's probably a better way to arrange the travelogues? Just splitting it into India / Elsewhere doesn't really add maximum value in terms of organization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheFold View Post
Could we consider doing away with the "flogging a dead horse" icon? It is very graphic with the blood etc.
Will try to remove the blood from the GIF...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I think some people just use it as a display of taking their frustration out, similar to

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th October 2017 at 15:06.
Old 12th October 2017, 23:10   #6369
Distinguished - BHPian

"This has been said a thousand times, and I know that saying it again won't make any difference at all..."

<-- less words!
Old 16th October 2017, 15:30   #6370
Senior - BHPian

URL - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/faq.php?faq=9999
Title - How do I set up the RSS feeds?

Issue - Upon clicking the here link at "To add this to MyYahoo click here." yields to the below page stating "Sorry, the page you requested was not found"

https://my.yahoo.com/config/promo_co....php?type=rss2

Can this be fixed?
Old 16th October 2017, 19:09   #6371
GT3
BHPian

Team-Bhp can consider doing official comparison of the best cars in each segment. The best cars can be selected by creating a poll for the above purpose or they can be selected by the moderators. The auto mags usually crown the newest car in the market as the winner for economic interests. This is where I feel Team-Bhp can step in.
Old 31st October 2017, 15:45   #6372
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Issue - Upon clicking the here link at "To add this to MyYahoo click here." yields to the below page stating "Sorry, the page you requested was not found"
Sorry that was rather outdated! Have removed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 View Post
Team-Bhp can consider doing official comparison of the best cars in each segment.
Yes, this has been brought up quite a few times, and it's something we'd love to do -- but unfortunately we're really limited by time and logistics.
Old 31st October 2017, 16:02   #6373
BHPian

Hey Rehaan! Have you thought about adding an anti-slip/anti-skid mats as merchandise? I am sure it would be simply awesome to have the LTD, GBHP and IDS embossed on a black mat on our dashboards. I am sure you could visualize it and maybe we could help in designs if necessary.

PS - I am not sure if this post belongs here. I tried searching the forum with keywords such as merchandise, goodies, suggestions for merchandise, etc., but all were irrelevant. Please move as necessary.

Last edited by petrolhead_chn : 31st October 2017 at 16:03.
Old 31st October 2017, 17:30   #6374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
Hey Rehaan! Have you thought about adding an anti-slip/anti-skid mats as merchandise? ...
First thought: If T-BHP did it, they would do it well, with materials that actually work. That would be good.

Second thought: Something embossed could be good, but wouldn't want anything with colour as windscreen reflection is not welcome.

If T-BHP is going to go down this sort of path, then the world's best phone holder would be a winner!
Old 31st October 2017, 18:22   #6375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
First thought: If T-BHP did it, they would do it well, with materials that actually work. That would be good.
Exactly and that is why I'd suggested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Second thought: Something embossed could be good, but wouldn't want anything with colour as windscreen reflection is not welcome.
Agreed! But I am sure there is a way out. Consider this merchandise from T-BHP and its quality. Color doesn't always have to be too bright and colorful. I just want to see the LTD font in yellow on a black mat. The mat material could possibly be blended with 'felt sheet' to avoid glare. LTD glaring on screen is alright
Even our plain dashboards reflect themselves on windscreen. I suppose many of us have adapted to this glare while driving by many workarounds.
To me, a non-reflective film on windscreen would do the trick if necessary.
Moreover the anti-skid/anti-slip mats could be placed strategically in each of our cars' dashboard

Last edited by petrolhead_chn : 31st October 2017 at 18:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks