Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2018, 14:13   #6541
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Attached are my forum settings. The last email I have received is dated my birthday of 2014 (after which I think I unsub'ed from that one too).
*SNIP*
My situation is exactly the opposite - my settings are for Instant Email Notification; and I am also set to receive emails from admin and any member.

However, to date I have yet to receive a single email, either from admins or from my subscribed threads or even when I receive a PM. No emails, zilch, nada.

Cheers
Old 7th August 2018, 20:11   #6542
BHPian

Feature request - RSS feeds for news

A request to the site moderators, can we have an RSS feed of the news on the main page?

I know the format has gone into decline since people started exclusively relying on Facebook & Twitter, but it has its place.
I still use a feed reader, and it would be convenient to see the latest news on the site and directly go to the items of interest without having to load up the main page every time.

Also if possible, for forum threads assuming vBulletin supports it. Much more convenient than clogging up the email box with notifications.
Old 7th August 2018, 20:32   #6543
Senior - BHPian

Re: Feature request - RSS feeds for news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
A request to the site moderators...
I personally feel that the present time tested system, interface and notification methods are one of the best and there is hardly any need to tamper with them. But preferences wary and hence there could indeed be merit in your request.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th August 2018 at 20:38. Reason: Posts moved. Thanks!
Old 7th August 2018, 20:35   #6544
BHPian

Re: Feature request - RSS feeds for news

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
That said, I personally feel that the present time tested system, interface and notification methods are one of the best and there is hardly any need to tamper with them. But preferences wary and hence there could indeed be merit in your request.
RSS feeds would be an addition, not a replacement for the existing notification system.
Old 7th August 2018, 20:48   #6545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
can we have an RSS feed of the front page instead of having to manually visit the site or clog up one's email box with newsletter subscriptions?
It is already there. At the bottom right of the main website or any of its sections you have the feed icon, clicking which your feed reader should take over and manage the rest.

I use Feedly, which manages all this automatically.

Name:  Untitled8.png
Views: 666
Size:  53.7 KB
Old 8th August 2018, 21:08   #6546
BHPian

Quote:
It is already there. At the bottom right of the main website or any of its sections you have the feed icon, clicking which your feed reader should take over and manage the rest.
Thanks. The sharing section was totally removed by one of my privacy addons, so wasn't visible. Though the best practice is for the feed to be discoverable within supported browsers like Firefox, like so, so that it shows up in the address bar.
Old 11th August 2018, 12:21   #6547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The sharing section was totally removed by one of my privacy addons, so wasn't visible. Though the best practice is for the feed to be discoverable within supported browsers like Firefox, so that it shows up in the address bar.
It is discoverable (I use Feedly which discovers all the feeds easily). I think your privacy addon is interfering with Firefox's ability to discover the RSS link.
Old 13th August 2018, 04:13   #6548
BHPian

I get this screen almost every day especially in the morning, Indian time would be 04:00 AM to 06:00 AM. Is there any scheduled maintenance/back up process during this period? Sometimes I get this screen for a long time and the page never gets loaded.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-capture.png  

Old 13th August 2018, 16:22   #6549
BHPian

I would like to request a feature in 'search' where we can sort the results by date. I searched for 'swift vxi' and the results are all mixed up in dates ranging between 2007 and 2018.
Old 13th August 2018, 16:54   #6550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkay.india View Post
I would like to request a feature in 'search' where we can sort the results by date. I searched for 'swift vxi' and the results are all mixed up in dates ranging between 2007 and 2018.
It is in Advanced Search:

Name:  Untitled10.png
Views: 386
Size:  37.0 KB
Old 15th August 2018, 09:13   #6551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Quote:
3. Some internal links are hard-coded to HTTP.
We'll also be making an effort to link to https rather than http going forward!
Here is one instance. The "The post that you created in the following thread has been moved" message that appears in the inbox has links to the post itself and the new thread, but both are hardcoded to http. Can we fix this one (and perhaps elsewhere in the email/PM templates)? I think in most cases simply switching to relative URLs will fix this problem.
Old 24th August 2018, 04:50   #6552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
I get this screen almost every day especially in the morning, Indian time would be 04:00 AM to 06:00 AM. Is there any scheduled maintenance/back up process during this period? Sometimes I get this screen for a long time and the page never gets loaded.
Any view on this? Sometimes it is very frustrating, today I typed a reply and without copying to notepad I submitted (which I normally do for long replies) and I got this error page.
Old 24th August 2018, 04:55   #6553
BANNED

Can't we have Team BHP stickers with our username on it? I am sure many of us will want this. Also it will help to distinguish between a Team BHP member and a Team BHP follower. Am I thinking in a wrong direction?
Old 25th August 2018, 22:04   #6554
BHPian

What (more) do you want from TEAM-BHP.com

Volumes can be written why one likes (loves) this community, team-bhp.com. However, I have not seen much on why one doesn't like it? Alternatively, what more do we want from it. You can only sustain if you (want to) know what are your strengths and where you have to work (weakness) and where you (wish to) position yourself.

Request all (well-wishers) to come forward openly and suggest how we can make our team-bhp better (and may be the best in its category in the world!). The support team then can prioritise the important gaps/OFIs to work on and have plans (with budget/resource) for the same.

Well, may I start with some (perceived) opportunities for improvements (other way to say the things I don't like):

1. The web-site is not intuitive, sometimes it does look cluttered.
2. Difficult to identify the worthwhile comments. Can't refine a forum (of hundreds of pages) as per my interest or value.
3. Very late in producing original reports (sales report after a week, review reports come when others start providing ownership reports!)
4. Lack of objectivity (more subjective and even person dependent views). No rating for a particular virtue (say ride, handling, suspension, after sales etc) in points terms (e.g. 8/10). Even not summarized! And if an expert (read support team member) likes a vehicle once, he would stick to that vehicle even if there are much better alternatives are there (don't read it biased opinion)
5. No audio/video review. A video is n times effective than..
6. I hardly find female participation, point of view (and support team members!) How can we ignore the opinion of another half (which is many times a better half).
7. The level of advocacy for relevant cause is not visible, participation in regulatory/legal forums to push a common cause is not apparent for such a strong group.

I wish others to come forward and share their views, ad request admin/support also to participate constructively.
kbishwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2018, 22:19   #6555
Senior - BHPian

Re: What (more) do you want from TEAM-BHP.com

There's already a thread for suggestions to the Team BHP from the Team BHPians. Why not take your feedback there instead of starting a new thread?

About point no. 6, I personally don't understand the point made. Not sure what you expect the community to do to increase participation of women.

About point no. 7, the way I see it, this is an online place for like minded people to visit and discuss all things related to automobiles. This is not a rights group or vehicle owners' association to be fighting legal battles to further the cause of the motorists. That is not the aim and I personally think that shouldn't be the aim as well.
honeybee is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks