Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2018, 22:20   #6556
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Hi mods, I'm not able to view T-BHP in its smartphone view format. Irrespective of the option I choose the website can be viewed only in BHP Silver format. It's been like this since 2 days. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Old 25th August 2018, 22:36   #6557
BHPian

Re: What (more) do you want from TEAM-BHP.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
There's already a thread for suggestions to the Team BHP from the Team BHPians. Why not take your feedback there instead of starting a new thread?

About point no. 6, I personally don't understand the point made. Not sure what you expect the community to do to increase participation of women.

About point no. 7, the way I see it, this is an online place for like minded people to visit and discuss all things related to automobiles. This is not a rights group or vehicle owners' association to be fighting legal battles to further the cause of the motorists. That is not the aim and I personally think that shouldn't be the aim as well.
Thanks for comments. And would have been more thankful had you added some OFIs.

A different thread for the want of urgency & focus. Otherwise things may get lost in oblivion.

6. I have ideas, but rather would wait for opinions from fellow bhpians. I still feel it is important and need of time.

7. I don't feel so, if we have certain capability then the same should be used for the better cause. A responsible citizen not only by words but by action also.

Last edited by kbishwa : 25th August 2018 at 22:57. Reason: Added a comment for clarification
Old 25th August 2018, 23:32   #6558
BHPian

I would love an app for Team-Bhp, with notifications. It would greatly help to increase the usability on mobile devices.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2018, 23:33   #6559
BHPian

I don't think there is a need for this separate thread. You may use the dedicated thread for suggestions, and I am sure it will get the attention it deserves.

My comments regarding the points listed by OP.

1&2 you may write in this thread:

3. The quality of our official reviews are unmatched and it requires considerable time and effort to maintain that.

4. There are many automotive sits giving marks for different aspects of the car, which is very subjective. What our reviews present is the facts and one is expected to reach a conclusion of his/her own after reading the reviews.

5. I take anywhere between 30-60 minutes to completely read a review, without losing the excitement and interest. The video reviews can't match it.

The walkaround videos, engine notes etc. can be watched from YouTube anyways.

6. Membership is open to all.

7. The forum gives huge exposure for deserving issues. There are lawyers and other professionals to give us the advice. I don't think our forum should go the legal way because that's not the purpose of this community.

I suggest you to report the starting post to request the mods to close the thread.
knightrider_7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2018, 23:43   #6560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider_7 View Post
I don't think there is a need for this separate thread. You may use the dedicated thread for suggestions, and I am sure it will get the attention it deserves.

I suggest you to report the starting post to request the mods to close the thread.
Thanks. And, great to have another very complacent member with rationalising all the criticism (suggestions). Well, I'll wait for feedback from the respected wise moderators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
I would love an app for Team-Bhp, with notifications. It would greatly help to increase the usability on mobile devices.
There is indeed an app.
itunes: https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/team...434828928?mt=8

android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ambhp&hl=en_IN

Thanks.

NOTE FROM T-BHP SUPPORT: Please avoid submitting one post after another. Back-to-back posts are discouraged on the Forum. Please use the EDIT and QUOTE+ functions within 30 minutes of submitting the first post instead of posting consecutively. Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th August 2018 at 09:27.
Old 26th August 2018, 00:11   #6561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
Not sure about the status of the IOS app, however the android app is discontinued and was last updated in 2014.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2018, 05:31   #6562
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

For the Official Car Reviews, using the mileage measurement rig used abroad to certify the mileage.

The Official Car Reviews is conducted by select people only. If the system isn't very complicated, the reviewers could add a mileage section in their reviews.

Possible advantages :

1. Makes Team-BHP reviews even more detailed and accurate to real world conditions.
2. Further improves credibility amongst the viewers regarding the genuineness of reviews. ( Cause I'm certain that the reviewers shall mention every possible aspect of the testing condition, probably even the fuel station's name :P)
3. Gives us a further edge over the other review sites.
4. ARAI mileage figures is a mockery of real world conditions.

Possible disadvantages :

1. Cost of ownership and maintenance of the rig.
2. Probably huge learning curve to understand the process.
3. Logistical nightmares of transporting the rig.
Old 26th August 2018, 11:01   #6563
Team-BHP Support

Just my personal point of view on this -

Quote:
6. I hardly find female participation, point of view (and support team members!) How can we ignore the opinion of another half (which is many times a better half).
Team Bhp never restricts female members, nor even has a gender questionnaire in the sign up process. "Ignore" is a very wrong word here.

I believe the participation is less due to their priorities being different, and thats only right if they wish to do so. Forcing the better half to participate isn't right either. Ideal level is when people are free to contribute without force or restriction as per their own interest levels, which is what is happening currently.

So, IMHO - Its just right when we all are BHPians - irrespective of gender, geographies, politics, religion or whatever else.

Quote:
4. Lack of objectivity (more subjective and even person dependent views).
Quote:
And if an expert (read support team member) likes a vehicle once, he would stick to that vehicle even if there are much better alternatives are there (don't read it biased opinion)
You have answered your own point there. Objectivity never works because there is no right vehicle out there, just ones that match a person's requirements the most. Objectivity to one person = Bias for another = Fanboyism for some other.

Quote:
3. Very late in producing original reports (sales report after a week, review reports come when others start providing ownership reports!)

5. No audio/video review. A video is n times effective than..
Agree, if this can be achieved WITHOUT COMPROMISING on the current quality levels. As they say - Quality, Speed and Cost - we can pick only two, where cost here is the amount of effort that has to be put in by the support teams, who also have their own individual personal and professional lives to take care of.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 26th August 2018 at 11:23.
Old 26th August 2018, 11:12   #6564
Team-BHP Support

Mod note: Thread moved to Shifting Gears.
Old 26th August 2018, 11:35   #6565
BANNED

Something I find less-logical is the restriction of smileys per post in the case of multiquotes.

We use multiquotes to reduce clatter which makes sense, we have a ruled reducing smiley use to 2 per post which also makes sense, but say if I multiquote 5 posts that require distinct replies then it doesn't make much sense to restrict the smiley count to 2, because that would leave me with either two choices, either to not use smileys at all or use smileys with the risk of appearing to be partial or hateful or condescending at times, seriously! I really am a nice guy! Who unfortunately for some reason believe that "people skills" is manipulation at best when conveying information.
Old 26th August 2018, 11:44   #6566
Team-BHP Support

I think the idea is to generate good quality written content, which inherently do not require emoticons. While it does not totally deny use of emoticons to people used to social media, overuse is (rightfully I feel) restricted. The logic would hold whether one long post is being quoted or 10 different posts being multi quoted.

On a separate note I seriously feel this thread totally overlaps the Suggestions thread. No need for a separate thread in my opinion.
Old 26th August 2018, 12:15   #6567
BHPian

Just my two bits,

With regard to design, apart from viewing posts chronologically, there could be an option to sort posts on a thread by 'most thanked'.

With regard to female participantion, was going through the moderator team and couldn't help but notice that there's no female representation. Maybe consider some elevations here.

Lastly, tbhp could also consider product and service reviews. These may include products from dash cams, engine oils, tyres, replacement components, to even detailing services (provided ofcourse competing products and a product itself doesn't have advertisements on the website, in which case the independence would get questioned).
Old 26th August 2018, 12:32   #6568
BHPian

My wish list is a search feature for our app. Currently we are unable to search anything while using the app. Second issue is the app crashes as soon as I click on any video link in the app. I am unable to view any video content on the app. I am an IOS user. Thanks.
Old 26th August 2018, 14:54   #6569
Distinguished - BHPian

I fully agree that specific suggestions for Mods should be given through the Suggestions thread.

However, did think this thread has its purpose is setting up a debate among members on some aspects.

To the OP’s points:

1. The Website, and especially the Smartphone Skin work very well in my view. The Smartphone skin is pretty uncluttered and can be used even on iPads if you want an uncluttered look
2. In a forum with hundreds of members, it is tough to get to “worthwhile comments”. But the data on no of times a member has been thanked gives you an indication of whose comments are viewed positively by the community. I do agree that the search functionality could be improved - e.g. searching a thread for comments by Senior BHPians or specific users would be a good feature.
3. The beauty of the forum is that while official reviews take time, there are loads of other users who produce great reviews as well. We get extraordinarily high quality reviews from Mods who are volunteers -but expecting them to be turned around at the same pace as a magazine with full time journalists is not reasonable. Nothing stops you from posting reviews whenever you feel like.
4. The OP seems to be missing the purpose of an Internet community - each of us expresses our views and you get to read all perspectives and choose what you like. The pros / cons for each vehicle are summarised in official reviews, as well as in several user reviews.
5. Several users have posted video reviews - some of which are better than those of TV shows
6. I do agree the under representation of women on the forum is an issue. Don’t have good ideas on how to change that - but it is something that we should try to achieve as a community
7. Nothing stops groups of members from getting together and filing cases if needed - we don’t need to wait for Mods to take action here.
Old 26th August 2018, 19:13   #6570
Senior - BHPian

I have one feedback point to add.

With the strict restriction on Grammer, spelling and punctuation, I feel that we are an elitist group which is closed to people from upcountry locations. I understand the need for quality content and discussion completely, but sometimes I feel we are being unfair to the less privileged who couldn't attend english medium schools.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks