Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2018, 14:51   #6586

Re: The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Perhaps this is out of line, but why the special treatment? I mean everyone else here went through a normal approval process. And I believe on another thread we're discussing how a certain group asking for a separate lane on national highways was not a good thing. Same sentiment I guess. Apologies if I missed something here.

I agree with you on this. In my opinion, T-BHP forum rules should be adhered to, at all times, for every one.
iambasilmathew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 15:00   #6587
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The 369 Garage : Mollywood's Petrolhead Father-Son Duo (Mammootty & Dulquer Salmaan)

Allow me to clarify, this has got nothing to do with the gentleman himself, like several have pointed out, he's probably already here and anonymous. (and I'm a huge fan of his father).

This is about us, the forum. We've said several times on different threads that everyone goes through the process, is subject to the same posting rules, etc, and is treated equally. So just asked for a clarification, that's all.
Old 30th August 2018, 15:18   #6588
Senior - BHPian

Entry to the forum is subject to the person's passion for automobiles. There is no harm in inviting passionate people who can help contribute to the forum.

Regarding the discussion on rules, he will be subject to the same rules of the forum that you and me are subject to.

Let us please keep the discussion related to his cars.
ChiragM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 15:23   #6589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta_la_vista View Post
What happened to TeamBHP's "unbiased" quality?

Think of it as a Honorary degree being bestowed on an individual based on his/ her contribution to the field, here being a petrol head.
While all/ most of us are petrol heads, how many of us can actually lay our hands personally on one of the best driving cars in the world.
Aren't we all here to hear from the more experienced and lucky one's?

By the looks of it, he doesn't just seem to be the usual super rich who has the "TOYS" in his garage just because he can afford them.
srs_shetty87 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 15:58   #6590
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
There is no special treatment given here. The main objective of screening process in this forum is to know about your passion about vehicles. We all belong to the unknown lot. No ones knows anything about us. So there are some questions asked to you to ensure that there is some decorum on the forum.
You are absolutely correct. The member registration process is for screening the unknown. If an individual is a known entity, and if admins think the said individual reflects the ethos of the community, such membership invite is sometimes given. But they have to work their way to BHPian/SBHPian/DBHPian titles all by themselves, by contributing to the forum.

Last edited by Samurai : 30th August 2018 at 15:59.
Old 30th August 2018, 17:00   #6591
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
There is no special treatment given here. The main objective of screening process in this forum is to know about your passion about vehicles. We all belong to the unknown lot. No ones knows anything about us. So there are some questions asked to you to ensure that there is some decorum on the forum. DQ on the other hand is one in a million kind of guy in terms of being a celebrity who has immense passion in cars. And we heard from horses mouth that he keeps tabs on us (Pun Intended) . So there is nothing wrong in giving an invite to him. But knowing DQ, I am 100% sure that he is already a member and reading all this. I really hope he continues to enjoy anonymity in this group.
Since this is shifting gears, I cannot thank you RaghuVis but you have just summed it perfectly.

More than anything the screening is for enthusiasm, passion and whether you are affiliated with a brand.

Since that has already been established by DQ in the video and there is even a thread about his car collection, pretty much all criteria related to membership has been fulfilled.
Old 30th August 2018, 17:25   #6592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Can someone please invite him onboard and drop me an email with his username so it's approved right away? Thanks.

Wow. This caught me by surprise. If I may ask, why the preferential treatment ?

Last edited by GTO : 31st August 2018 at 17:16. Reason: Removing my email address :)
Old 30th August 2018, 17:35   #6593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vignesh_N/A View Post

Wow. This caught me by surprise. If I may ask, why the preferential treatment ?
C'mon man.The guy's varied garage screams CAR NUT. He sure does know a thing or two we as enthusiasts could learn from and gain as a community. The object of the detailed questionnaires etc. are to understand the applicant. I'm sure not much is required here when one owns one of the most coveted garages in India.Coveted not necessarily in terms of the money value of the machinery, but the variety and the taste one needs to have to
own such machinery.

What else does one want to verify in terms of creds for joining tbhp?

Last edited by octane1002 : 30th August 2018 at 17:36.
Old 30th August 2018, 19:03   #6594
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

I don't know the person in question. My $ 0.02:

There are a couple of aspects to a T-Bhp membership:

- You need to like vehicles & travel.
- You need to want to be a member
- You need to really want to be a member

Of these, the person (gentleman?) Seems to satisfy the first & the second, partly. So it does seem a bit partial to 'offer' him membership.

But at the end of the day, it is not a big deal and you wouldn't have known if GTO had done the same thing via a pm. So props to him for being transparent.

Even otherwise, it is not a problem; just an optics issue.

Let us all move on.
Old 30th August 2018, 21:36   #6595
BHPian

OT.
I saw a post in the evening questioning why GTO said he would right away approve Dulquer's approval, and now it's deleted. Unless it was OP him/herself who removed the post, i am dismayed at this occurence. The forum should hold itself to the same standards of accountability, as they expect from manufacturers.
Can someone please clarify what's going on here?
Ruchitya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 21:50   #6596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruchitya View Post
OT.
I saw a post in the evening questioning why GTO said he would right away approve Dulquer's approval, and now it's deleted. Unless it was OP him/herself who removed the post, i am dismayed at this occurence. The forum should hold itself to the same standards of accountability, as they expect from manufacturers.
The post has NOT been deleted. You may view the post here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...pians-439.html

To avoid going off topic on this thread, which deals only with the 369 Garage's cars, the post and replies had been moved to the appropriate thread.

Last edited by Prathiiik : 30th August 2018 at 21:55.
Old 30th August 2018, 22:34   #6597
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I saw a post in the evening questioning why GTO said he would right away approve Dulquer's approval, and now it's deleted.
Please don't get into conspiracy theories. We routinely move OT posts.

Quote:
The forum should hold itself to the same standards of accountability, as they expect from manufacturers.
You will know the answer if you check the last few posts in this thread.
Old 30th August 2018, 22:51   #6598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
I mean everyone else here went through a normal approval process.

Apologies if I missed something here.
Actually, everyone did not. Deserving people are sometimes invited by the moderators to join t-bhp. Reasons have been given in previous posts.

I personally know one such member and he's brought in a ton of useful knowledge to this forum.

GTO has previously also made a similar offer in a public post. It's not like it's is a big secret.
Old 31st August 2018, 08:25   #6599
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: The invitation has been discussed enough & clarifications have also been shared by Mods / BHPians. No more posts on the topic please.
Old 4th September 2018, 12:11   #6600
BHPian

Would it be possible to add a search option on the Subscription list? There are times when one wants to post on a subscribed thread and one needs to search through multiple pages to find the relevant thread. It would sure since we would generally know key words on the title of the thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks