Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2007, 12:23   #616

Ok.I'm sorry I posted hastily.Just read the FAQ regarding the 'contact us' thing.It says i need to wait for a week.Ok then,a week it is.3-4 days to go.Sorry again.Its just that it can get very irritating when your post is rejected and you dont know why.
Old 24th May 2007, 13:24   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.k View Post
i strongly feel that the navigating the team bhp website is very confusing,
its strongly recomended to have an eazier navigation experience.

the search could be a bit more precise.

Hisham
There are pull down menus in every page for jumping sections & the home page is pretty well laid out with sections & sub sections. which part is confusing for you ?
Old 26th May 2007, 03:51   #618
BHPian

Can there be a way by which pm can be sent by selecting through a tick mark or any other method to several people in member list.

Was just thinking how does the organizers of the meet send hundreds of pm to residents of particular area only. if they have to do it manually, then it really be a pain in a**.
Old 26th May 2007, 06:01   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
Can there be a way by which pm can be sent by selecting through a tick mark or any other method to several people in member list.

Was just thinking how does the organizers of the meet send hundreds of pm to residents of particular area only. if they have to do it manually, then it really be a pain in a**.
There is no other way to do it but send it to people 3 at a time. It is a pain but a necessary one. Considering the number of active Delhi members (240-odd at the last time I checked) I usually send out around 80-100 PM's for a meet.
Old 26th May 2007, 11:09   #620
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

The PM limit is to prevent spammers etc from registering and then sending out spam to dozens/hundreds of other members....hence the limitation...

Maybe the limit can be increased for SBHPians or something like that....will check with GTO.

cya
R
Old 26th May 2007, 11:12   #621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Busa, what you can do is once you are done with reading a particular thread and you come back again. Next to the thread title where it shows the number of replies and views, to its left is the last post by. Notice the two arrows there. Clicking on the arrows will take you to the latest post. This could be helpful in viewing the page with the latest posts than traversing back a number of pages.
Thanks alot Mclaren, yes problem solved now thanks alot buddy
Old 26th May 2007, 13:03   #622
BHPian

i have always had a unique problem, when i try to reply to a thread or add a new one, because i have this problem of my computer restarting, i lose all what i have written.

though i know i have to target my problem area, i was wondering whether we could have something which we could save, like we save while composing new mails.

the thing is that i lose the link of what i m writing and sometimes have to write the whole thing again.

i m not sure if anything can be done but it would b nice to have this feature.

regards

Mansi

Last edited by manaa45 : 26th May 2007 at 13:04.
Old 26th May 2007, 13:07   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Maybe the limit can be increased for SBHPians or something like that
Yeah this is exactly what i was thinking about. Give this kind of privilege to Sr bhpian or Moderators. and i suppose there is some kinda private forum for you priveliged guys. Then why not implement this in that private forum.

People like IRaghava will save a lot of time without sending 3 PMs at a time to orgnize large scale meets.

@IRaghava : Buddy, you really do a very good work in organizing meets. If I can be of any help in sending PMs or any other work, do tell me.
Old 26th May 2007, 13:15   #624
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45 View Post
i was wondering whether we could have something which we could save, like we save while composing new mails.
Something like gmails "autosave" inbuilt into the forum would be nice wouldnt it!
GTO - We should start making a list of ideas & requests to put forward to Vbulletin for their next major version, so many good ideas come up here that are limited by the current software!

Manaa45, i guess your best bet is type out your posts in microsoft word? (since it has an autosave feature...i think you can set the autosave interval somewhere in the settings to as frequent as 1ce every minute)

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
Yeah this is exactly what i was thinking about. Give this kind of privilege to Sr bhpian or Moderators.
This is a good suggestion for organizing meets etc, and given the fact that most largescale meet organizers are Sbhpians or Dbhpians, this might work out. Lets see what GTO says about if the software can manage it, and then we will see if it makes sense to put into action (downside being - too many PMs.....ie getting a PM everytime theres a damn meet in your city! )

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th May 2007 at 13:18.
Old 26th May 2007, 13:52   #625
GTO
Team-BHP Support

@iraghava & austere : Done. The new PM limits are:

Moderators: 100 PMs at a time
D-BHPians : 50 PMs
Senior-BHPians : 25 PMs

@Manaa45 : Actually, a hack for this feature already exists. Butttttttttttttttttt it is yet to be sorted out and is not yet stream-lined. I have put in a request. If vbulletin should include this in the next version OR if the hack is perfected, I will upload it immediately.

Quote:
Manaa45, i guess your best bet is type out your posts in microsoft word? (since it has an autosave feature...i think you can set the autosave interval somewhere in the settings to as frequent as 1ce every minute)
Actually, a better bet would be to solve that computer restarting problem

Last edited by GTO : 26th May 2007 at 13:54.
Old 26th May 2007, 14:01   #626
BHPian

many thanks for the replies. now i have some hopes that vbulletin will improve before my comp does.

thanks GTO and Rehaan

Mansi
Old 26th May 2007, 14:17   #627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Moderators: 100 PMs at a time
D-BHPians : 50 PMs
Senior-BHPians : 25 PMs
Thanks Rush, that's fantastic now I can look forward to some reduced workload on the meet planning front!
Old 27th May 2007, 04:46   #628
Senior - BHPian

Not really a suggestion, but can someone explain how so many users logged on before the PC was invented?!
Old 27th May 2007, 07:09   #629
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Not really a suggestion, but can someone explain how so many users logged on before the PC was invented?!
Any IT pro can answer this question. All these members joined in 2004 when the vBulletin software probably didn't have a database field for Last Visited Time. Later when the vBulletin got upgraded, the new Last Visited Time was created with null value for each member. In computer parlance null date refers 1st Jan 1970. For all members this field gets updated every time they login or visit a page in Team-BHP. The members shown in this image never did either since vBulletin got upgraded to have Last Visited Time field.
Old 27th May 2007, 10:39   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Wow. Completed the work in 10 hours flat! That's why i love TBHP so much

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks