Statistics says 76k members

Member list has only 1270 pages with 30 members each page, which is 38k only
EDIT:
Same applies for Threads count too
Mr.Boss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2019, 23:11   #6662
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

A friend of mine has been keen to join TBhp. He had signed up to the forum and has the communication from team bhp on his email.

As per him, now when he is trying to login, he is getting an invalid login email prompt for the very same id.

As he cannot post on the forum, he has written about this through the 'Contact Us' link but has not received any response so far.

Please advise who amongst the moderators should I PM the details on his behalf?

Thanks.

PS: I could not find a more relevant thread, so please move if not in the right place.
Rodie09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2019, 13:57   #6663
BHPian

I like having 2FA for all my online accounts. Any possibility of implementing that on TBHP?
prateekm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2019, 18:53   #6664
BHPian

I don't know if this might be considered as a conflict of interest issue (as I am a lawyer myself), but being a proud member, my suggestion to Team-BHP will be to protect forum's goodwill and intellectual property. For example, I see no trademark for Team-BHP logo and this may be taken for a freeride on goodwill or even harm the reputation of the forum. Having such an enormous reputation and commercialization in terms of Ts, stickers etc., I would strongly suggest protection of the logo and other intellectual property.
Old 12th February 2019, 09:58   #6665
Distinguished - BHPian

A suggestion - the Forum structure requires a rejig to move with the current situation. We need to expand the BHP Worldwide section to include similar sections like "What Car"; "Team BHP Reviews" (starting with "Test Drives and Initial Ownership" sections) and so on; similar to the BHP India section.

Threads like these "First Kia Stinger (Move like a butterfly, stings like a bee - First Kia Stinger on Team-BHP)" don't really fit into the BHP India section, do they?
Old 13th February 2019, 20:54   #6666
BHPian

We have quite a few youngsters in our forum. Two handles that pop up are Varun_Hexaguy and Porsche_Guy.

Wouldn't it be great if senior moderators in each city meet up with our youngsters by organizing meets specifically targeting youngsters - ideally aged below 19 yrs - to encourage them and collect feedback to better the forum experience and also allow the youngsters to introduce their motorhead friends who may be interested in joining the forum and contribute to its richness with their modern thought and ideas.

Glad to read threads created by both Varun & Porsche_Guy.
Ithaca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 13:32   #6667
Senior - BHPian

I am getting Error while uploading images.

Initially (last week) I was able to upload images but one at a time.
Yesterday, even this did not work .i.e. unable to upload even one image at a time.

The error I get is on PC. I did not check on Phone (but I don't think it will be different as I browse using Chrome on Phone as well).

Mods, Please help.
IndigoXLGrandDi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 14:37   #6668
BHPian

Suggestion on Thread Search:

There should be an option to search for posts in a thread with pictures. Means only posts having some pictures should come up in the result. E.g. On Aliexpress, one can search through product feedback and select checkbox for pictures. Only feedbacks with pictures are listed in result.
Old 20th February 2019, 12:23   #6669
BANNED

Re: Celebrating 15 years of doing it DIFFERENTLY : Happy Birthday, Team-BHP!

While everyone here is talking about how great TBhp is, at the risk of getting banned, let me throw some light on what I've hated so far about the forum. (Believe me, if I start talking about what role this forum plays in my life and how much I love wandering through the threads, I'll end up just repeating what everyone else is already saying.) Frankly, I don't care about getting banned from posting. There's nobody stopping me from scrolling through the threads... Or is there a way to do that?

1. The merch
The Tee I ordered fits great, feels great. But the tag in the neck is itchy. I'd love to not see it in the next iteration.

The zipper of the Jacket I ordered, when zipped up, looks like a wave. I raised this concern with the store team almost 10 months after buying one. (out of sight, out of mind) The team was happy to send me another one but this one has that same problem. So, I just let it be. For reference, a ~400 rupee jacket I got in stock clearance has better overall quality. I don't look forward to wearing the TBhp jacket. I should probably forget about it.

2. The Branding
Team-BHP is enough branding. I prefer subtle means of doing so. Having the full web address is just lame. The only thing missing here is the HTTPS, a colon, and a few slashes, and we'd have the full URL. Maybe we can have the QR code on the next one to take the users directly to the homepage.
I'm glad that lately, TBbhp merch got customization options. But the sour experience comes from the jacket after people asked me if I got it for free. With the domain name plastered on the front, loud and clear, and a lousy zipper, I better get paid for wearing that thing.

Otherwise, my car has proudly worn the LTD and IDS stickers for four years. Only recently removed as I got both bumpers replaced.

3. The Rule of Self Promotion
I remember being asked to not add links to my own content I have published elsewhere. How is Karan (no offense to you homie, you do make great content) able to add links to the content he published elsewhere (as in, on Youtube)? How does YT get preference over websites and blogs? Would it be okay if I just recorded the blog content in a video as voiceover and used some random animation before posting the YT link here?
In fact, it'd be worse than what I may have done in the past. Because, otherwise, I'm only posting excerpts of content from some other blogs I had written in the past. Only the parts that are relevant to the discussion. With a YT link, people don't even have to leave the forum to get exposed to the same content, you're otherwise trying to limit access to.

4. The Rule of Chat Lingo
You should totally see how I write in WhatsApp. My hatred for chat lingo is one of the reasons why I love Teambhp so much. But, I believe we should be able to write how we speak. In real life, rarely say the word 'BEE-coz.' Coz is not chat lingo. It's just an informal way of saying Because. I've seen members and even mods going casual once in a while. I see no harm in that. I'm not in the mood right now, but I can find abbreviations in GTO's own posts that are worse than 'coz.' Compared to mine, those would definitely qualify to be called chat lingo.

-----
So, that's my rant. I've only taken the time out to speak my mind coz I'd like to see the forum better itself. Regardless of whether I'm associated with the auto industry or not, I'd like to have one place on the web where I can go for a quick stroll or a cross-country at any time of the day and come back enlightened.
Cheers!

Last edited by MaheshY1 : 20th February 2019 at 12:30.
MaheshY1 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th February 2019, 12:36   #6670
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaheshY1 View Post
speak my mind coz I'd like to
I am reporting your post for chat lingo = 1 trillion infractions

Quote:
While everyone here is talking about how great TBhp is, at the risk of getting banned, let me throw some light on what I've hated so far about the forum.
The 3rd point is SEO centric, the more people stick to your website the better. I would follow the same process if I were running this forum. YT does not need you to leave this website, and TBHP does not run a video site and thus are not competitors. As far as web content is concerned, yes - TBHP competes with your blog in the jungle of Google out there. So that's that.

The rest of Your post or rant belongs better in the Suggestion to Team BHP thread and in the merchandise thread. Atleast on the merch thread, the guy running the stuff seems to be very open to suggestions and genuinely tries hard to do a good job.

You know, the positives here have always outweighed the negatives if any, so it doesn't matter to me atleast. There is nothing called a Utopian world or forum.

More when we ride together sometime I've always enjoyed reading your posts. Do try and come up with travelogues of rides you do on your little navi monster, will make for great reading.

PS: I don't own any BHP stickers, keychains, or jackets, or tee shirts.

Last edited by Red Liner : 20th February 2019 at 12:42.
Red Liner is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th February 2019, 14:23   #6671
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
While everyone here is talking about how great TBhp is, at the risk of getting banned, let me throw some light on what I've hated so far about the forum. <.......>So, that's my rant. I've only taken the time out to speak my mind coz I'd like to see the forum better itself.
Thank you for your comments and for having the courage to pen them down. Constructive criticism can only do T-BHP good. I know you have the interests of the forum at heart. If you have other points it would be great to read them on the Suggestions thread. Points 1 and 2 belong to the Suggestions thread. Point 3 is interesting and worth a thought for the Moderators. Point 4 I disagree with. The world is overflowing with nonsensical 'chat' and 'sms' language and short cuts. Proper writing is one distinguishing factor for us. Let's cherish it. Regards -Narayan
V.Narayan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th February 2019, 14:30   #6672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While everyone here is talking about how great TBhp is, at the risk of getting banned, let me throw some light on what I've hated so far about the forum.
Has anyone ever been thrown out for calling a spade a spade? Rest assured that your rant will not be seen with vindictive eyes. We have moderators who oversee the forum; though the word moderator rhymes with another that symbolizes much stricter and dangerous control, our guys have never been that: instead they have always been on the side of benevolence.
Quote:
The merch
I haven't been an avid shopper on this site. But whenever I have needed some details/clarifications, Rehaan has been very helpful. Even otherwise, whenever someone has had an issue regarding merchandise, a few lines on the relevant thread is all that is required for the matter to be addressed pronto. The very fact that you were sent a new jacket even ten months after the initial purchase is testimony to the customer centeredness of the site.

Quote:
The Branding
Again something that could be addressed via a few posts or PMs. Its not as if the site is showing something and selling something else. You get what is shown - no misrepresentation whatsoever. Plus, buying a jacket or a t shirt isn't compulsory. We buy on our own accord. Need we complain?
Quote:
The Rule of Self Promotion
Most Bhpians use the forum to post their original content. There have of course been instances where the exact same writeup has been shared in multiple sites. What are we trying to achieve by doing the latter?

I do agree with your contention about YouTube reviews. At the cost of discouraging diversity, I would be happy to see all useful content being shared in black and white.

But one can't totally avoid YouTube. Not until we have a video blog/sharing mechanism of our own.
Quote:
The Rule of Chat Lingo
This is one thing that I can't see Team-Bhp without. I would give an arm and leg to retain this rule, forever!
Quote:
I'm not in the mood right now, but I can find abbreviations in GTO's own posts that are worse than 'coz.' Compared to mine, those would definitely qualify to be called chat lingo.
Whoever it is, if you see them use such words, please report the post. Action is guaranteed. I can vouch for that.
Quote:
I've only taken the time out to speak my mind coz I'd like to see the forum better itself.
Everyone of us wants the same. Of the very few oases of peace, sanity and sanguinity that remain in the internet universe, this forum is one. Let's keep it that way.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2019, 15:01   #6673
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
let me throw some light on what I've hated so far about the forum.
I think you have penned your grievances in a wrong thread, this is about celebrations, say you invite some guests on your Kids Birthday and they start telling you the bad things about your kid?

Quote:
The Tee I ordered fits great, feels great. But the tag in the neck is itchy. I'd love to not see it in the next iteration.
Well I get the same feeling when I wear my new 350 US$ Burberry Polos, so what should I do? In your case, its simple, write to concerned guys and share your feedback and if there is no change don't order again.

Quote:
The team was happy to send me another one but this one has that same problem. So, I just let it be. For reference, a ~400 rupee jacket I got in stock clearance has better overall quality.
That was a great gesture. My Biking Raincoat that I ordered to RevZilla and paid some hundred dollars had this issue on the first day and they want me to ship this back to US for replacement at my costs. Not even offered any reduction on a new purchase despite them fully aware of customs and shipping expenses.

Quote:
Having the full web address is just lame. With the domain name plastered on the front, loud and clear, and a lousy zipper, I better get paid for wearing that thing. I don't look forward to wearing the TBhp jacket. I should probably forget about it
That's not a correct view to look at. If you don't feel proud of representing this large family you don't need to wear or order anything. No one has asked any member to order this or that mandatory.

Quote:
I remember being asked to not add links to my own content I have published elsewhere. How is .. able to add links to the content he published elsewhere (as in, on Youtube)?
I think the restriction is on the blogs or some websites that a member represents as an example we have a member from Cartoq and if he starts writing posts with the links to his website will it be fair?

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th February 2019 at 15:11.
Turbanator is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th February 2019, 15:22   #6674
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
… let me throw some light on what I've hated so far about the forum….
The harrowing experiences and suggestions you listed probably can go in any of the threads below:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/annou...ts-v3-0-a.html
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...m-bhpians.html (Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians)

And if you are not happy with certain threads or posts, always there is an option to report (Report Posts : Contribute in Maintaining Team-BHP's post quality)!

Cheers!
vb-saan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th February 2019, 15:35   #6675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Well I get the same feeling when I wear my new 350 US$ Burberry Polos, so what should I do? In your case, its simple, write to concerned guys and share your feedback and if there is no change don't order again.

That was a great gesture. My Biking Raincoat that I ordered to RevZilla and paid some hundred dollars had this issue on the first day and they want me to ship this back to US for replacement at my costs. Not even offered any reduction on a new purchase despite them fully aware of customs and shipping expenses.
If a $350 polo is as good as this, maybe you got shortchanged there?

I believe that a bad experience (with Revzilla) can't be used to justify another.

Anyway, that post certainly deserves to be in suggestions rather than here. Let us all cherish the brotherhood of this forum and help maintain the quality that it has been always associated with.
AZ911 is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed