Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2019, 09:16   #6691
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilminstrel View Post
Xerox is having nice sleep now on this issue. They are sorted.
Far from being sorted infringements still take place. It's more a case of if you can't beat them, join them.

Quote:

For Example, I fought for an MNC whose patents were getting infringed to the extent of 13 Lakhs unit per month. ...

As far as Cost-Benefit is concerned, maybe you should consult smart lawyers. ...

Smart Lawyers will not only take care of your cost-benefit issues but will also get you paid the royalty and cost of litigation. ..
In the case of team BHP this would be the sticker manufacturer or the accessory shops. All of these are small time folks printing a lot of other stickers or selling other stickers. You may not even have an address to serve notice too as they would be fly by night types.

The smart lawyer who tells you that he can get you your costs would not even be able to serve notice, forget recovering costs. Costs can be recovered if the defendant has resources and has a reasonable establishment which is not likely to be the case here. Forget royalty and cost of litigation you would be lucky to even find them to get them to cease and desist.

Quote:

One more thing, in law there it is not like 1+1=2, so you may have a better solution,
This is what smart lawyers get you to believe until a smarter one comes along and let's you know that 1+1 is indeed 2.

Quote:
As they say in Latin Ubi Jus Ibi Remedium (if there is a wrong, there is a remedy).
True. It's just that the remedy would be what you do not need.

Anyway don't think this discussion is going anywhere.

Last edited by AMG Power : 5th April 2019 at 09:34.
Old 5th April 2019, 11:31   #6692
Senior - BHPian

Re: Getting wrong videos in a post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
I am getting wrong videos in not deserving posts for past few weeks.

Could Mods please clarify what is causing this?

This problem gets solved if I Refresh the page. I.e. the video.
I am getting similar issue again on my phone in Chrome browser.

The post in question is-
Got Keyless Entry Go Your Car Could Easy Steal-4 (Got Keyless entry & go? Your car could be easy to steal)

The screenshots are as below-
1. Before Refreshing the page, same video is seen one below other-
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-longscreenshot_20190405110818.png

2. After Refreshing the page, two different videos can be seen one below other-
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-longscreenshot_20190405110921.png

Mods, Please clarify as to what is the reason behind this.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd April 2019 at 17:10. Reason: Adjusting image alignment. Will get back to you on this soon.
Old 7th April 2019, 10:19   #6693
BHPian

I'm wondering if we could have an open section on the site, which is not member only that can be used to collect feedback/reviews/experiences about cars and dealerships from a larger population. Since the forum is sort of closed, I feel a lot of real feedback does not make it here, especially negative experiences.

Case in point - trying to research niggles and issues for the Ford Endy, I'm seeing that our forum has a mostly positive views on the vehicle, but expand the search to Facebook and some other consumer focused forums, I'm getting a very mixed picture about the car which is sort of biased towards the negative side.

Therefore, it is my wish that a separate section be created to collect more broad based feedback about cars and dealerships from real users.

I understand the challenges too - fake reviews, bad quality of posts etc. But, the biggest gain from doing this would be an expansion of the universe of reviews and perhaps create a more complete picture about a brand/vehicle.

Just a Sunday morning thought.
Old 7th April 2019, 12:18   #6694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post
I'm wondering if we could have an open section on the site, which is not member only...
Non members are actually free to write in with their problems, suggestions, solutions etc through our Contact Us page. In fact, two of the recent threads that went on to make a lot of rightful noise were begun that way. The affected parties became members later on.

Creating a free for all space would, as you correctly said, present the challenges of
Quote:
fake reviews, bad quality of posts etc.
Old 19th April 2019, 12:06   #6695
BHPian

Has everyone forgotten the wagon r?

Been an avid reader of the forum even before I bought my first car. That was almost 10 years ago. This has remained one of the most informative and helpful forums for car owners/lovers. Its a bit odd that even though the new wagon r 2019 is running on the roads for quite a few months now, no official , ownership review has yet been posted. Has the wagon r been forgotten?
Old 22nd April 2019, 13:27   #6696
BHPian

All the time I have been here on the forum since registering, I've really enjoyed the simple and practical layout of the web-pages and all the tools are accessible to newbies and experts alike, courtesy the simple coding. I also have enjoyed one other thing; mods taking actions on 'visually displeasing' writing styles, such as use of too many dots or continuous hyphens to highlight a fact.

What I'm trying to say here is, that the online world is moving further in terms of website design, I am though not making any big remarks, but just one simple thing which takes the layout of any page miles ahead in terms of visual appeal: Rounding corners of all the table elements. For an example, here take a look at the following pictures showing the world's most visited web address, before and after tweaking the design. There are no hard edges in online world anymore. And this of-course is 'visually pleasing'.

Before:

After:No hard edges just like the dashboard of a good car.
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-162185.jpg

Also, I borrowed the design language of Google Sign-in page and made this.
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-1image.jpg

Oh and yeah, ignore my signature. It's not something to overlook, or more probably I'm not wise.

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd April 2019 at 17:09. Reason: Please see the thread on how to upload images correctly in our "Announcements" section. Thanks!
Old 22nd May 2019, 14:10   #6697
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Commitment to maintain Team-BHPs QUALITY!

The Classified section has changed to "Not Secure" and clicking anywhere opens malware sites. Is it happening to only me or there is a bug? Not sure if this is the right thread but could not find another appropriate to post this issue.
Old 24th May 2019, 14:40   #6698
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Commitment to maintain Team-BHPs QUALITY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
The Classified section has changed to "Not Secure" and clicking anywhere opens malware sites. Is it happening to only me or there is a bug? Not sure if this is the right thread but could not find another appropriate to post this issue.
Hi Sourabhzen,

I double checked the site, as well as ran some scans - and I don't see anything suspicious.

Could you run malwarebytes on your computer just to be sure it's not something on your system?

We'll be switching the Classifieds over to https-only soon, so that should also stop the manifestation of this problem, whatever the cause may be.

-----

Will reply to the other posts in this thread soon!
Old 27th May 2019, 17:01   #6699
BHPian

I am not sure if this has been discussed before but team-bhp.com takes a long time to load (probably because of the content). Due to this, I directly jump to team-bhp.com/forum all the time. Something to open up the home page faster would be great.
Old 1st June 2019, 09:55   #6700
BHPian

Why is it necessary for a member to re-answer the question about your favorite policy and car when they try to modify the information on the profile page.

I just need to update the car i own and it does not allow without filling the above 2 questions.

Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 10:19   #6701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
Why is it necessary for a member to re-answer the question about your favorite policy and car when they try to modify the information on the profile page.

I just need to update the car i own and it does not allow without filling the above 2 questions.
Hey, there must be some issue with your account. This doesn't happen to me, and I've changed those profile details multiple times. Check attached screenshot. I just edit the details and click on save changes.

Shoot a PM to a mod and they'll help!

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot_20190601102025.png

Last edited by boniver : 1st June 2019 at 10:22. Reason: adding screenshot
Old 1st June 2019, 10:25   #6702
BHPian

Thanks, seems strange. I have tried multiple times and cannot change this info. Would be great if some one at Tbhp support can look into it. How do we notify them.

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th June 2019 at 16:42. Reason: Please only use spaces after punctuation marks, not before them. Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 10:30   #6703
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks ,seems strange. I have tried multiple times and cannot change this info . Would be great if some one at Tbhp support can look into it . How do we notify them.
You can just send a message to a moderator by using the PM option at the top right hand corner of any Team-BHP page. As of now, I've brought the moderators' attention to your post, so you can expect this issue to be resolved soon!

Have a great day
Old 1st June 2019, 16:42   #6704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks ,seems strange. I have tried multiple times and cannot change this info . Would be great if some one at Tbhp support can look into it . How do we notify them.
I recall that this was discussed some years ago. If I remember correctly, GTO himself said, don't worry, write whatever you want, you are not going to be thrown out.
Old 2nd June 2019, 12:34   #6705
Senior - BHPian

Facing this issue while browsing through Chrome browser on Android phone:

At times, new replies on subscribed threads (User CP) that I've already read remain marked as unread even when I refresh User CP. Sometimes the new replies are marked as read normally but show up as unread when I check back in 15-20 mins.

What could be the issue?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks