Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2007, 00:04   #811
BHPian

I don't know if someone has already asked this earlier but do we have an option of deleting our own post?
Old 10th September 2007, 13:28   #812
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Compenn

Users arent allowed to delete their own posts. If some content has been posted by error, or it is a double post, feel free to use the "report this post to a moderator" linky. One of us will do the needful.
Old 10th September 2007, 14:07   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Compenn

Users arent allowed to delete their own posts. If some content has been posted by error, or it is a double post, feel free to use the "report this post to a moderator" linky. One of us will do the needful.
I honestly feel that such an option should be open to the member posting, along with the Edit option. In the extremely improbable case that I realize I'm too over the top, or factually incorrect, I'd like to be able to remove the post on my own. After all, it's not just personal attacks and foul language that can give offense.
Old 10th September 2007, 14:36   #814
BHPian

well the ms word and all the spell checks and sms/ chat room lingo has taken away our ability to spell correctly( in my case it is true ) i have made so many mistakes in my post that it is embarrassing. more so it is distastefull to read something which is not written correctly

I am accessing the site from my office so dont get that much to read and check my post for errors.

i tried typing in Word and pasting it but then the formatting part is a problem.

just thinking now, if it is possible to get spell check here so that people like me dont screw up with this beautiful forum.

thanks and regards,

Manu Sharma
Old 10th September 2007, 14:41   #815
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by msharma_79 View Post
just thinking now, if it is possible to get spell check here so that people like me dont screw up with this beautiful forum.
We already have the spell check. Look at the top right corner of your edit window, it is the ICON with a tick mark
Old 10th September 2007, 15:03   #816
BHPian

ok, now is the right time to say . do i really have to download it?
what are all those option for downloading.
Old 10th September 2007, 16:38   #817
GTO
Team-BHP Support

@ vikram : The edit option has already been discussed in this very thread. Please search through to see what the moderators had to say on the same.

It is a decision that has been arrived at, only after a lot of pondering.
Old 10th September 2007, 19:52   #818
BHPian

Is it possible to remove words like "sucks" etc from a thread title because those threads are filtered out in most work places and cannot be accessed from office

Example threads:
Windows Vista Sucks big time
Metro ford Suck

Mods may be knowing other such words which can be blocked by content filters and change them to synonyms for the word if this suggestion is accepted.
Old 11th September 2007, 01:40   #819
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
In the extremely improbable case that I realize I'm too over the top, or factually incorrect, I'd like to be able to remove the post on my own.
Vikram18,

You can EDIT your post, and remove all the text and make it read as "Please delete this post". And then report the post or wait till mods see it and delete. That is the solution you are looking for right? You can do that anytime within 20mins of posting.

Quote:
i tried typing in Word and pasting it but then the formatting part is a problem.

Mr Sharma,

3 possible solutions for you -
1. Use word to type your post, post it, and then edit it and use this method to remove the formatting tags.
2. Use firefox 2.0 or newer...it has an inbuilt spellcheck! Just like word, it red-underlines misspelled words as you type!
3. Use the TBHP spelling check (to be honest ive never tried it so cant tell you more!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by compenn View Post
change them to synonyms for the word if this suggestion is accepted.
Last we checked the software did not have this option... maybe GTO will be able to provide more info.

cya
R
Old 11th September 2007, 01:52   #820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another option is to check the spellings in Word & then paste the matter to Notepad & then to Team-BHP.
Old 11th September 2007, 11:37   #821
Senior - BHPian

Here's a personal thought.

Can we restrict access for non-members? Sections like shifting gears & TBHP meets are meant for the bhpian family- where pics and opinions fly at large. I don't think non-members need to have access to the same.
Old 11th September 2007, 11:43   #822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Vikram18,

You can EDIT your post, and remove all the text and make it read as "Please delete this post". And then report the post or wait till mods see it and delete. That is the solution you are looking for right? You can do that anytime within 20mins of posting.
Now that is the ONLY sensible suggestion I've heard so far. Thanks Rehaan. Sadly, temperance or good sense doesn't always come within 20 minutes . How about a 24-hr edit period?
Old 11th September 2007, 11:45   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Another option is to check the spellings in Word & then paste the matter to Notepad & then to Team-BHP.
Hahaha...poor Mr. Sharma better have all the time in the world or love Team-Bhp and its member sensibilities to death!!!
Old 11th September 2007, 11:48   #824
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
Here's a personal thought.

Can we restrict access for non-members? Sections like shifting gears & TBHP meets are meant for the bhpian family- where pics and opinions fly at large. I don't think non-members need to have access to the same.
I for one wouldn't support this move. Because I have seen many members sign up and attend the meets only after seeing the pics.
Old 11th September 2007, 12:06   #825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
Hahaha...poor Mr. Sharma better have all the time in the world or love Team-Bhp and its member sensibilities to death!!!
so basically i should i read my post twice before posting. got it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks